• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which ones are gens and why?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Yeah it surely must be difficult! no doubt about it! but it took what, 10 years?

Can't wait for these good cyclops then ;)

It took more than 10 to get the green color right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: BlackJaguar

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I couldn’t tell any difference between the 2 but the lighting that night was not the best, I will have the gens soon and I will compare

OK thanks. The green is the real test. is should be vivid in all lights, and under spotlights should have a metallic look to it.

The green of the gen is impossible to capture in a photograph, so if the fake looks the same as a gen in a photo it doesn't really mean anything.

Lots of people on the forum obsessing with how the soleil / sunbrush on the dial looks right now. Its not the biggest issue with the rep. I'm fairly sure many wouldn't wear their ZZF / Noob / ARF hulk rep out anymore if they saw a real one in bright sunlight. I hate the term 'instant tell', but this is a big exception.

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
OK thanks. The green is the real test. is should be vivid in all lights, and under spotlights should have a metallic look to it.

The green of the gen is impossible to capture in a photograph, so if the fake looks the same as a gen in a photo it doesn't really mean anything.

Lots of people on the forum obsessing with how the soleil / sunbrush on the dial looks right now. Its not the biggest issue with the rep. I'm fairly sure many wouldn't wear their ZZF / Noob / ARF hulk rep out anymore if they saw a real one in bright sunlight. I hate the term 'instant tell', but this is a big exception.

They do look the same, I will check strong lighting but I doubt any difference.

LordElrond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
I was right in my thinking (left gens), main tell (for me) was the cyclop

We came to a point where only direct comparison to an identical genuine allows to spot the rep... and with some frankening, good luck! Before discovering RWI I couldn't believe that fakes could get this good

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I was right in my thinking (left gens), main tell (for me) was the cyclop

We came to a point where only direct comparison to an identical genuine allows to spot the rep... and with some frankening, good luck! Before discovering RWI I couldn't believe that fakes could get this good

It's also the lighting of the photo. In real life you would see the differences better

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
They are still working on it, the RM011, too bad it took already 3 years haha

What are their upcoming projects? There anything worth mentioning at this point or is it gonna be a long way to go until then?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
What are their upcoming projects? There anything worth mentioning at this point or is it gonna be a long way to go until then?

Regarding RMs? Nothing new atm and they will release the RM035-02 in different color NTPT versions.

Reactions: Corvax and BIONONE

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Regarding RMs? Nothing new atm and they will release the RM035-02 in different color NTPT versions.

Yeah, regarding RM. Thanks for that update.

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
Most of you got it right, the left ones are gen and it is the Noob V11 preview, they might still fix something before releasing.

Meeting with ARF and ZF in the coming days and see if they can show us some updates :)
So this is the father version of noob i was waiting for. Not like the youth they introduced earlier.

Btw. Thank you for the pictures. And glad that come closer to big noob this year.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
So this is the father version of noob i was waiting for. Not like the youth they introduced earlier.

Btw. Thank you for the pictures. And glad that come closer to big noob this year.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have seen a few makers subs already and they all have some minor flaws. I gave them all the details and hopefully they can make them right before releasing.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
puretime
Thanks for this. Any chance to say what movement they will use? Vr3135 or the noob sa3135 thanks.

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I have seen a few makers subs already and they all have some minor flaws. I gave them all the details and hopefully they can make them right before releasing.

Hey Angus, I would like to ask you two quick questions since nobody better than you could answer them:
1) Why all the big makers are doing Sub C only now that they are going to be updated?
2) Do you think that this improved attention to details is because there is now a strong competition? Or it can be explained by something else?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime
Thanks for this. Any chance to say what movement they will use? Vr3135 or the noob sa3135 thanks.

Noob will be still using SA3135 since they have a contract with the movement supplier.

Hey Angus, I would like to ask you two quick questions since nobody better than you could answer them:
1) Why all the big makers are doing Sub C only now that they are going to be updated?
2) Do you think that this improved attention to details is because there is now a strong competition? Or it can be explained by something else?

1. Best selling watch model among all reps. Money driven ;)

2. Of course man, the history told us that if you want to share the pie, you need to have something special.