• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What makes it tick?

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
Alway one of my favorites - only one gen in the world have surfaced. This is the other one? [emoji41]
3e5a9e3475314346d3f9f490513c8a59.jpg

It doesn't just tell time. It tells history.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/what-makes-it-tick.365793/
Yeah, looks like you found a rare gem in your grandpas attick

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Deano65

1/12/12
the tiffany daytona is one of the best watches that I've ever seen!

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
This thread has got me very excited!! Time to save...
If you're tuning in just now, do please go back to the first page and browse through the pics...

Deano65

1/12/12
That Tiffany has just gone to the top of my list.

Those peice really do need display case backs

PHVAVAI

22/5/12
Came across an estate sale from an old retired Pan Am executive [emoji33]

1675 pan am (x2) and a 6542 [emoji51]

afeab0829ca6c547ae87ae1b72be2c6e.jpg
0522a86850a7d893f731cab994554d77.jpg
291668a421f619eab49cb2a0777c1ff9.jpg
9a23229bdff07e2ed3a61ff65c68b6a5.jpg
e9cce8401f8f248dca0aa857f210cc2c.jpg

Just kidding....but would have been amazing haha [emoji28]

All built with love, and gen movement, of course [emoji51]

Please tell me that you sell on of this bueaty !!! [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30]

Sent from the RWI App

Mcflymags

Getting To Know The Place
24/1/17
is the standard paul newman 6263 with a venus 75 movement good enough for a noob like me? i'm more worried about reliability over accuracy, so slight mistakes aren't a huge deal. i think you'd be the person to ask haha

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
is the standard paul newman 6263 with a venus 75 movement good enough for a noob like me? i'm more worried about reliability over accuracy, so slight mistakes aren't a huge deal. i think you'd be the person to ask haha

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Unfortunately daytonas are the hardest build to do and any off the shelf rep is very very inaccurate. The time keeping is good on the Venus but forget the chrono function and overal the case shape, crown, pushers, dial everything is inaccurate :(

Mcflymags

24/1/17

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
i wish i had the funds to buy one made by you, but the teenage years don't support thousand dollar watch purchases. maybe an omega speedmaster rep then [emoji848]

Sent from the RWI App
I'd say a Speedy is an excellent choice for the start of your collection...
Looks like right now you want a chrono...
But if my memory serves me, there's an issue with the chrono of the speedy rep...look through the forum posts, read up on movements used for each versions. You need to do a lot of research to get started with a rep. None of the reps are 100% accurate and you have to make compromises on one end to get a better deal on the other, for example, if you want a thin watch, then may be the chrono won't work, but you can get a working chrono of the same model watch, but the watch itself will be thicker...get the drift?
I researched for about an year before I bought the 5227 calatrava rep, it was my first and a well made choice.
Best of luck,
Saby

Mcflymags

24/1/17
I'd say a Speedy is an excellent choice for the start of your collection...
Looks like right now you want a chrono...
But if my memory serves me, there's an issue with the chrono of the speedy rep...look through the forum posts, read up on movements used for each versions. You need to do a lot of research to get started with a rep. None of the reps are 100% accurate and you have to make compromises on one end to get a better deal on the other, for example, if you want a thin watch, then may be the chrono won't work, but you can get a working chrono of the same model watch, but the watch itself will be thicker...get the drift?
I researched for about an year before I bought the 5227 calatrava rep, it was my first and a well made choice.
Best of luck,
Saby

thank you so much for the info! the most important thing to me is a reliable movement, and a working chrono. inaccuracies, as annoying as they may be to perfectionists, don't bother me a whole lot. obviously if words are spelled wrong, subdials are very off then that is an issue. i've been following the forum for a little under a year now, but i just started becoming active. i'll try to read around and learn as much as i can, and thank you again!

Sent from the RWI App

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
i wish i had the funds to buy one made by you, but the teenage years don't support thousand dollar watch purchases. maybe an omega speedmaster rep then [emoji848]

Sent from the RWI App

No really great out of the box speedy reps exist as far as I know too (which blows my mind) however there are many many seamaster reps that are very very good.

Mcflymags

24/1/17
No really great out of the box speedy reps exist as far as I know too (which blows my mind) however there are many many seamaster reps that are very very good.
i've seen that the subdial spacing isn't the best, but that doesn't bother me a whole lot. i still think it's a beautiful watch

Sent from the RWI App

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
i've seen that the subdial spacing isn't the best, but that doesn't bother me a whole lot. i still think it's a beautiful watch

Sent from the RWI App

Fair fair however to me (while the rep is still nice looking) the dial spacing and layout/design is a major reason why I find the gen speedy so beautiful. To each there own though, I'm sure youll love it if you decide to make the purchase!

Mcflymags

24/1/17
Fair fair however to me (while the rep is still nice looking) the dial spacing and layout/design is a major reason why I find the gen speedy so beautiful. To each there own though, I'm sure youll love it if you decide to make the purchase!

thanks!

Sent from the RWI App