• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What makes it tick?

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
Valjoux powered [emoji41]
f17b32815aadd010e50f793b082762d7.jpg

It doesn't just tell time. It tells history.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/what-makes-it-tick.365793/

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
Its a good thing @TheSociety isnt a malicious person... because some of these could be passed as completely original RARE vintage pieces hahaha. Youd have a market impact for sure imo

But thankfully youre just a nice guy with a passion for watches :)

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Its a good thing @TheSociety isnt a malicious person... because some of these could be passed as completely original RARE vintage pieces hahaha. Youd have a market impact for sure imo

But thankfully youre just a nice guy with a passion for watches :)
He's probably stimulating sales even more! I know I've started to think about saving for a genuine one!
Are the straps still all your own craft as well @TheSociety?

J___

M2M Stalker
Supporter
Certified
3/7/14
I've met with him. He really does have 40 sets of 6538 hands. This is not a fallacy of any sort. He's a madman.

RobU6263Daytona

Known Member
6/6/17
I've met with him. He really does have 40 sets of 6538 hands. This is not a fallacy of any sort. He's a madman.

Glad to hear you two met up! I'm on the left coast, so I more than likely won't have a chance to meet him in person or see his entire collection of parts and timepieces (or his car!).
Good-luck with your quest for a 6263.

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
Im dreaming of

"Talking watches with @TheSociety"

popping up on Hodinkee youtube
He's the John Goldberger of RWI...The sheer volume of watches he made for himself and for others is pretty much nuts and all with gen movements, one has to wonder how the hell so many Rolex gen movements were floating in the market, we thought they were rare. But @TheSociety can do it, he gets me deals on insane gen parts, every single time.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

J___

M2M Stalker
Supporter
Certified
3/7/14
Glad to hear you two met up! I'm on the left coast, so I more than likely won't have a chance to meet him in person or see his entire collection of parts and timepieces (or his car!).
Good-luck with your quest for a 6263.

He definitely has great taste, whether it's his watch collection or car lol. Thanks bro!

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
He's the John Goldberger of RWI...The sheer volume of watches he made for himself and for others is pretty much nuts and all with gen movements, one has to wonder how the hell so many Rolex gen movements were floating in the market, we thought they were rare. But @TheSociety can do it, he gets me deals on insane gen parts, every single time.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

lol I would want to do a talking watches episode that would be fun!

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
He's probably stimulating sales even more! I know I've started to think about saving for a genuine one!

I ended up stopping the strap idea because I think the price would be too high with the quality I want. At the $100+ you got Bulang ($125) and Hodinkee ($150). I could get some at $75 but I think for now I'm just going to buy from Hodinkee or Bulang because it's great quality and I quite frankly have no time. I barely have time to build watches [emoji29]

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
I’m not sure what raffle-winning bottle of Newman’s ranch The Society opened to find all these incredible dials, but here’s a question for us less fortunate:
The Cartel version is our entry point. I know you’ve mentioned it’s riddled with problems from case dimensions on, but if we wanted to take it a step further could we swap in a better dial? Last I read any V72 dial won’t fit, Ingod & DW are gone & Vietnamese is pricey if available. I'm ruling out Minh & Gen based on price.
Are there ANY rep dial options with at least improved sub-dial spacing that will fit the case & ST-19 movement? Something tolerable to tease the wrist until I commission one of these masterpieces...

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
I ended up stopping the strap idea because I think the price would be too high with the quality I want. At the $100+ you got Bulang ($125) and Hodinkee ($150). I could get some at $75 but I think for now I'm just going to buy from Hodinkee or Bulang because it's great quality and I quite frankly have no time. I barely have time to build watches [emoji29]

That's a shame as the suede strap on the pan am is gorgeous!

Is the 1650 movement originally a gmt or was it converted? The only ones I can see seem to be only 3 handed in a date just.

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
That's a shame as the suede strap on the pan am is gorgeous!

Is the 1650 movement originally a gmt or was it converted? The only ones I can see seem to be only 3 handed in a date just.

The suede strap is Hodinkee ($159 + $25 Fedex)

I have genuine GMT movements for all the builds so far [emoji4] rare but works beautifully!

RobU6263Daytona

Known Member
6/6/17

I have a couple of the Bulang straps that came with my 6263 from @TheSociety and they are VERY nice.

I also commissioned a custom strap from MJ Leather for my 6263. He's located in Sweden and does fantastic work! The leather is very soft.
I wanted the color to match the indices on my dial. He matched them perfectly. It ended up being $84 shipped. His pricing varies by the leather you choose.

You can check out his work here:
http://www.mjleather.com/

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
The only thing better than pouring over this thread of astonishing builds is meeting the man behind them.
I'm happy to report The Society is, in person, as inspired as his collection. On the wrist these watches are nuanced works of art. Then he tells me what's coming next...
bfd9298558c243cc6aaa459fe15653ea.jpg