• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What makes it tick?

Jeane123

Respected Member
6/4/15

aphillipe

Renowned Member
31/3/13
Back home to LA. Wearing this beauty!

71be756f0eacb464dc6496156d5884cf.jpg

It doesn't just tell time. It tells history.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/what-makes-it-tick.365793/
dude I need a strap like that with the red stitching for mine!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RobU6263Daytona

Known Member
6/6/17
I have warranty still and maintenance is not that bad in the US. I don't really need any mods aside from exhaust [emoji4] the car is fully loaded. In two years time I'll probably move to an F458 or F488 depending on how work / investments go [emoji4]

I just stumbled onto this thread! The text of the pics was nice, but on a large monitor, the R8 looks much better! Congrats again on the R8 and manual transmission.
My car is a bit more humble, but pretty exciting to drive: 2015 VW GTI S, 6M, LP, Volk TE37SL 17x8.5, Michelin PSS 245/40, HPA SHS Coil-Overs, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE, Eurocode F/R Sway Bars, SuperPro Control Arms, Remus Catback, APR Tune, IS38 Turbo, APR DP, APR IC, APR CAI, Aero Force Gauge Pod, APR Boost Gauge, Kersher Front Lip, Short Shifter, 034 Insert, A/S3 Aluminum Subframe, stud kit, titanium lugs
My little car weighs only 2,950lbs and makes 380hp. It is a little pocket rocket for sure and handles great to boot.
IMG_4311_zpshjew1aa5.jpg

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
I just stumbled onto this thread! The text of the pics was nice, but on a large monitor, the R8 looks much better! Congrats again on the R8 and manual transmission.
My car is a bit more humble, but pretty exciting to drive: 2015 VW GTI S, 6M, LP, Volk TE37SL 17x8.5, Michelin PSS 245/40, HPA SHS Coil-Overs, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE, Eurocode F/R Sway Bars, SuperPro Control Arms, Remus Catback, APR Tune, IS38 Turbo, APR DP, APR IC, APR CAI, Aero Force Gauge Pod, APR Boost Gauge, Kersher Front Lip, Short Shifter, Tyrolsport Deadset, 034 Insert, A/S3 Aluminum Subframe
My little car weighs only 2,950lbs and makes 380hp. It is a little pocket rocket for sure and handles great to boot.
a>

Sick bro!!!

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
They're a blast! My buddy has a 2016 that I get to play with. I think my heart is still into a r35, but with the price of the r35 and r8, it's hard. My lady wants the r8, so I guess she can buy that, and I'll take the r35 [emoji23] absolutely love the new ones. Enjoy bro [emoji482]

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks bro! The R35 is a tough one to pass up. Their pricing is definitely hard to argue. I think the R8 just had that supercar curb appeal even though it's not as fast as the GTR. Cars are not unlike watches to me, very emotional, personal, and hard to decide. The 911S (well the base 911 was also up for discussion but I think it's not quick enough to be in contention). I normally buy pre-owned and 911S prices were, surprisingly, only 5-7k less than an R8. At that point it was easy to decide that the R8 was more fun. Plus, finding a 911 in manual proved to be hard. Although it did cross my mind several times that a 911/GTR would have been a little easier to drive day-to-day: slightly smaller car, auto dual clutch transmission, and less drawing attention to itself. Ultimately, I said f it, YOLO and very happy to my decision. But that R35 is lurking in my mind somewhere...

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Thanks bro! The R35 is a tough one to pass up. Their pricing is definitely hard to argue. I think the R8 just had that supercar curb appeal even though it's not as fast as the GTR. Cars are not unlike watches to me, very emotional, personal, and hard to decide. The 911S (well the base 911 was also up for discussion but I think it's not quick enough to be in contention). I normally buy pre-owned and 911S prices were, surprisingly, only 5-7k less than an R8. At that point it was easy to decide that the R8 was more fun. Plus, finding a 911 in manual proved to be hard. Although it did cross my mind several times that a 911/GTR would have been a little easier to drive day-to-day: slightly smaller car, auto dual clutch transmission, and less drawing attention to itself. Ultimately, I said f it, YOLO and very happy to my decision. But that R35 is lurking in my mind somewhere...

That's the thought process here. I'd most likely get rid of all three of my cars, and move into one. I'd want one to be an all time DD. Super stoked for you man, and excited to see more pics.

I'm a die hard Porsche fan (actually, Porsche and Audi Rs/S lines) but the GTR maintenance is a bit more doable at my old mans shop. Plus, R8s, porsches, 458/88 are a dime a dozen by me. I'm still a tuner at heart, so for now at my age (similar to you) the R35 would probably win the battle. Plus I had a r33 and loved the hell out of it.

Sent from the RWI App

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
@TheSociety - I love looking at the vintage watches in this thread (the car is pretty nice too :B:). While not exactly my taste, I have learned a lot from reading about your builds... and because of it, these vintage watches are growing on me! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks man! Love what you do!

RobU6263Daytona

Known Member
6/6/17
That's the thought process here. I'd most likely get rid of all three of my cars, and move into one. I'd want one to be an all time DD. Super stoked for you man, and excited to see more pics.

I'm a die hard Porsche fan (actually, Porsche and Audi Rs/S lines) but the GTR maintenance is a bit more doable at my old mans shop. Plus, R8s, porsches, 458/88 are a dime a dozen by me. I'm still a tuner at heart, so for now at my age (similar to you) the R35 would probably win the battle. Plus I had a r33 and loved the hell out of it.

Sent from the RWI App

I've had extensive time in GT-Rs. A buddy of mine had (from new) a 2009 that he DD even in winter time in PA. He doesn't even have a garage (off street parking next to his house. He put 38K miles on it without any issues. Of course his remained completely stock.
He traded it on a 2015 GT-R. The difference between the two was night and day. The 2009 felt more digital. When pushed hard, you could feel the computers trying to figure out what to do. It was not playful at all and just felt odd to me.
The 2015 was much more organic feeling with a more natural feeling to the controls and how the car went around corners. I could get the car to rotate and oversteer a little bit as well. It was totally stock as well. Super high limits for sure, but both cars rode very rough. Like they didn't have the valving on the shocks done properly. I told him he could put coil-overs on it to actually improve the ride, but ultimately, his back couldn't take it anymore and he had to sell it.

Where do you live? I hardly every see anything that is exotic. Lambo, R8, GT3RS, Ford GT, classic P-cars etc. every now and then.

If I had the money, I'd buy a 964 C2 and modify it to my liking. Full suspension, engine and interior. Wider fenders (turbo like, nothing huge) with a nice duck-bill out back on gold E88s

I'm an avid racer and have my SCCA license and race in the American Endurance Racing series when we can (my partner and I share the car).
This is from the 12 hour Devil in the Dark at NJMP a couple of years ago. We started 50th (last place) and finished 5th overall.

1_zpstcznu89g.jpg

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I've had extensive time in GT-Rs. A buddy of mine had (from new) a 2009 that he DD even in winter time in PA. He doesn't even have a garage (off street parking next to his house. He put 38K miles on it without any issues. Of course his remained completely stock.
He traded it on a 2015 GT-R. The difference between the two was night and day. The 2009 felt more digital. When pushed hard, you could feel the computers trying to figure out what to do. It was not playful at all and just felt odd to me.
The 2015 was much more organic feeling with a more natural feeling to the controls and how the car went around corners. I could get the car to rotate and oversteer a little bit as well. It was totally stock as well. Super high limits for sure, but both cars rode very rough. Like they didn't have the valving on the shocks done properly. I told him he could put coil-overs on it to actually improve the ride, but ultimately, his back couldn't take it anymore and he had to sell it.

Where do you live? I hardly every see anything that is exotic. Lambo, R8, GT3RS, Ford GT, classic P-cars etc. every now and then.

If I had the money, I'd buy a 964 C2 and modify it to my liking. Full suspension, engine and interior. Wider fenders (turbo like, nothing huge) with a nice duck-bill out back on gold E88s

I'm an avid racer and have my SCCA license and race in the American Endurance Racing series when we can (my partner and I share the car).
This is from the 12 hour Devil in the Dark at NJMP a couple of years ago. We started 50th (last place) and finished 5th overall.

1_zpstcznu89g.jpg
Is that a N54 335i?

zikzak

27/2/17
Sorry to 'drive' this thread a bit more OT, but I saw the recent German love and thought I'd share my old Merc with the crowd. She stays garaged and my g37 sees all the daily grind.

I had a 400e w124 for years and regret selling it back in '07, after I had enough to make the move on a 500e, I snatched up a clean / low mileage example a few yrs back.

How many people can say they own a car that was built by Porsche and Mercedes? :) 1 of 374 1994 500e's to make it stateside. She sure is fun on the highway and surprises some people in modern luxo-sedans.

What makes it tick?
A beautiful German v8 5.0 and torque torque torque! :)
1.JPG

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
@TheSociety - I love looking at the vintage watches in this thread (the car is pretty nice too :B:). While not exactly my taste, I have learned a lot from reading about your builds... and because of it, these vintage watches are growing on me! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks man! Love what you do!

Thx Jon! Much appreciated!

Anonymus334

23/4/17
Sorry to 'drive' this thread a bit more OT, but I saw the recent German love and thought I'd share my old Merc with the crowd. She stays garaged and my g37 sees all the daily grind.

I had a 400e w124 for years and regret selling it back in '07, after I had enough to make the move on a 500e, I snatched up a clean / low mileage example a few yrs back.

How many people can say they own a car that was built by Porsche and Mercedes? :) 1 of 374 1994 500e's to make it stateside. She sure is fun on the highway and surprises some people in modern luxo-sedans.

What makes it tick?
View attachment 39899
Old benzer are still the best. Pure german engineering.
I have a friend who has a similar model with 20'' brabus rims.

Rumsfeld

Known Member
11/12/16
My dad had an Audi rs2 avant long time ago, too bad he sold it before I got my driving license... Right now i'm drooling another watch with gen movement, the 1665 Comex or Great White.

Rumsfeld

Known Member
11/12/16

What makes it tick?
View attachment 39899

That's one bad *ss car... I still love that body type!

RobU6263Daytona

Known Member
6/6/17

What makes it tick?
View attachment 39899

Epic car! I love that style of Benz as well.