• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What makes it tick?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Thx bro. I've had numerous Evos so I understand how fun and properly tuned STI can be! That's awesome!

The R8 was a big dream of mine and I had to make it a reality. Totally smitten with this car and wearing vintage Rolexes haha. I drove it out the first night and man...I dunno. I'm outta words...

It doesn't just tell time. It tells history.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/what-makes-it-tick.365793/

They're a blast! My buddy has a 2016 that I get to play with. I think my heart is still into a r35, but with the price of the r35 and r8, it's hard. My lady wants the r8, so I guess she can buy that, and I'll take the r35 [emoji23] absolutely love the new ones. Enjoy bro [emoji482]

Sent from the RWI App

sinnknowmore

Supporter
27/2/16
Old school all the way for me. Drive it till it dies shooting for 1MilKm.
5dab6792f6d088a11e4f37822e5c9058.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
While we're on subject of cars...a db5 and an e-type tops my list...haha...

b9ac3f751f4b77827977fcd0a65d3c86.jpg

jaguar-00006-2.jpg

Jeremy Clarkson explained why an Aston martin is quintessentially elegant??
Suppose you want to go for a drive, for no apparent reason, you can say "Shall we take the Aston?"

LOL

slay

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/3/09
d495145c7f548f179b759fe471df6424.jpg

Just stumbled upon this.... Don't have it anymore, but boy do I miss it sometimes (it was an '08 and didn't even have Bluetooth back then! I had one of these Radio Transmitters to play music from my iPod)

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
Damn, every one showing off their cars I'm here with my doge caravan, one day I'm hoping to buy a 911

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
First order of business is exhaust [emoji13] the car has the $7000 Full LED headlights option already so I don't think I'll go for it. I gotta pick up a daily driver asap though lol

You can order the parts off asia, it will be cheaper. There are many R8's here undergoing this facelift since the parts are more accessible now. You'll need to budget more for maintenance too, i've spent a total of 15K on maintenance just on my TTRS since I took ownership in 2013. Heard you guys can get a car max or 5 year warranty that pays for everything, wish I lived in America.

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
Damn, every one showing off their cars I'm here with my doge caravan, one day I'm hoping to buy a 911

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Get the Turbo or 4S wide body, nothing less! haha

These cars are extremely timeless, the 80s, 90s resell value has in recent year appreciated. I would love a 993 911 Turbo, but they are getting increasingly over valued these days.

slay

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/3/09
You can order the parts off asia, it will be cheaper. There are many R8's here undergoing this facelift since the parts are more accessible now. You'll need to budget more for maintenance too, i've spent a total of 15K on maintenance just on my TTRS since I took ownership in 2013. Heard you guys can get a car max or 5 year warranty that pays for everything, wish I lived in America.

Wow man that's a LOT and that much maintenance shouldn't be necessary... do you live in Singapore?

Otherwise the dealer may be ripping you off big time. I don't see how maintenance (unless something was severely damaged) should cost that much. Maybe for a Ferrari (they are notoriously bad cars in terms of longevity of the mechanical parts like engine etc), but not for an Audi. Audi should be rock solid (ok apart from the early first-gen TT, that one had a piece of shit engine)

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
Wow man that's a LOT and that much maintenance shouldn't be necessary... do you live in Singapore?

Otherwise the dealer may be ripping you off big time. I don't see how maintenance (unless something was severely damaged) should cost that much. Maybe for a Ferrari (they are notoriously bad cars in terms of longevity of the mechanical parts like engine etc), but not for an Audi. Audi should be rock solid (ok apart from the early first-gen TT, that one had a piece of shit engine)

Parts break down more frequent on european cars in my country because of the humidity, it wears out faster in our climate. 2nd thing is the customs import tax for parts which is relatively high, 3rd is our shitty currency exchange rate. Add all these up its owner's premium to maintain these cars. Hence why european cars do not hold their value as much as a toyota in my country.

TheSociety

Respected Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS

I have warranty still and maintenance is not that bad in the US. I don't really need any mods aside from exhaust [emoji4] the car is fully loaded. In two years time I'll probably move to an F458 or F488 depending on how work / investments go [emoji4]

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I am the biggest petrolhead you could imagine, so don't even get me started... lol

Mikeodandy

29/6/16

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
I have warranty still and maintenance is not that bad in the US. I don't really need any mods aside from exhaust [emoji4] the car is fully loaded. In two years time I'll probably move to an F458 or F488 depending on how work / investments go [emoji4]

Get a akrapovic exhaust, it will be worth it. You can resell it later when you want to sell off the car, they hold their value quite well.