• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is life like where you live (COVID -19 around the World)

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
manodeoro wow that is great man! From which country are you?

I'm from France ...
Here, every evening, I hear the government say that people shouldn't take hydroxychloroquine because they COULD GET ILL ...
It seems they forget that if people take hydroxychloroquine they COULD BE SAVED :p
I've been taking Plaquenil and Nivaquine for years while working in Africa and I never ever had any problem with that ...

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
manodeoro so basically they say to not take malaria prevention pills as it could make Covid worse? But you have been taking it for years, and survived Covid? Am I understanding correctly?

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
Well, I'm getting fed up with the situayion in Germany / The Netherlands. Everybody is inside but social distancing is very much the case here. Staying at home as much as you can.

I'm a teacher and I HATE the video-lessons after two weeks. I must say the kids are doing great. They do their work and they're attending online classes.

However, even though I'm fed up with it I think it's probably best the way things are being managed.

In Holland there's a constant race between numbers of seriously ill patients and the number of available IC-beds.

Fingers crossed everybody will get the help they need.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
manodeoro so basically they say to not take malaria prevention pills as it could make Covid worse? But you have been taking it for years, and survived Covid? Am I understanding correctly?

French offical doctors say malaria prevention pillls could be bad for heart ... which is true if you take too much of it ...
But I've made business trips in Africa for about 5 years, sometimes taking malaria prevention pills for months without any problem ...

And yes I've been detected positive with Covid-19 and spent some weeks in a hospital as they were afraid I could develop respiratory failure ... fortunately I didn't go higher thant a low respiratory distress and they let me go out some days ago as I didn't had any more clinical signs of disease ...
The fact that I took hydroxychloroquine some years ago is definitely nothing to do with the fact that I'm still alive and now well (at least better and better each day) ...
That is what my treating doctor say ... but he also say that :
- all people should be tested as soon as they have the first symptoms of a suspected Covid-19 infection
- hydrocxychloroquine should be used (or tried) to reduce the viral load on tohse that are detected positive
His opinion is that "if it doesn't cure them it won't kill them ... but Covid-19 could"

Those last 3 days I've been reading and listening, again and again, what the professor Raoult wrote and said about the results he got using hydroxychloroquine on people infected by Covid-19a
... and I really don't understand why the official French government doesn't agree to, at the least, try the same way and officially agree with the use of hydroxychloroquine under strict medical control ...
THAT is a mystery ...
I guess that some influent doctors, working with in the health authorities, are afraid that if they let that process go and hydroxychloroquine be used and if it really works, they could loose some of their "official power" for the benefit of people like Didier Raoult ... so they prefer to let more and more people dying ...
I'm definitely not a pro conspiracy theories guy, but all that sounds more like autocracy than democracy IMHO ...

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Well, I'm getting fed up with the situayion in Germany / The Netherlands. Everybody is inside but social distancing is very much the case here. Staying at home as much as you can.

I'm a teacher and I HATE the video-lessons after two weeks. I must say the kids are doing great. They do their work and they're attending online classes.

However, even though I'm fed up with it I think it's probably best the way things are being managed.

In Holland there's a constant race between numbers of seriously ill patients and the number of available IC-beds.

Fingers crossed everybody will get the help they need.

I'm 1000% OK with confinement ... as it help to keep the number of people needing IC-beds as low as possible ...

BUT I think the VERY best way to take care of the situation is :
1 - DETECT (as soon as people have the first possible symptoms)
2 - CONFINE AND KEEP TRACK OF (if detected positive)
3 - CURE (hydroxychloroquine or any available drug as long as it's less dangerous that Covid-19)
4 - CHECK VIRAL LOAD (after 2 weeks of treatment)
5 - STOP CONFINEMENT (when viral load is low enough so taht people are not contagious anymore)
6 - KEEP TRACK (of the people that have been released from confinement)

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
South Africa has been on lockdown since Thursday. The masses in the rural areas are out in the streets in their hords. A lot of them believe it is a whitemans decease and they are immune to this. They’ve been partying it up with liquor since Thursday night even though alcohol and sigarettes have been banned now. A few has been arrested. Our army has been deployed but they are pretty useless. I have video footage of how the police gets chased away with stones and bricks. This is not going to end well as I fear our 21 day lockdown will change to 42 days and the masses wouldn’t like that. I only have 7 beers left in the fridge and 19 more days to go

If you think you only have 19 days of lockdown left you are kidding yourself . In the Uk they have basically announced that while under a regular 3 week review that the lockdown will last a minimum of 6 months . If you read between the lines i think we are under lockdown longer , until they find a vaccine .

What a shame for those poor black Africans hey chap ! In rural areas and townships no medical facilities , no supermarket home deliveries , no chance to self isolate if they want to eat . What has happened so far is just the tip of the iceberg i expect the death toll will be in the millions in Africa . However my heart goes out to you locked up safe in your house with only 7 beers .

#PrayforChub

Last edited:
Reactions: tripdog

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
chocolito sit down old man. You have no clue what you are talking about. You are assuming something that was not said. Typical to assume I am racist when i meant nothing of the sort. My gripe is with those who disregard the law and keep socializing outside and put ALL south africans at risk. Fuck you and your horse. Why dont you come save the masses here with your far reaching £££s then old CHAP. Oh wait, you are far to comfortable in your first world country passing judgement on others. Skoenmaker bepaal jou by jou lees

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
chocolito sit down old man. You have no clue what you are talking about. You are assuming something that was not said. Typical to assume I am racist when i meant nothing of the sort. My gripe is with those who disregard the law and keep socializing outside and put ALL south africans at risk. Fuck you and your horse. Why dont you come save the masses here with your far reaching £££s then old CHAP. Oh wait, you are far to comfortable in your first world country passing judgement on others. Skoenmaker bepaal jou by jou lees

Fuck off scabby insignificant no mark . Not got time for arguing with babies! I would worry more about running out of tampons rather than beer .

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
chocolito if i was you i would be more worried if i could still afford more reps on the dole after global market collapse

We know you are running low on beer , but are you OK for clean panties during the lock down ? As you seemed to have pissed yours.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
chocolito my, my. We're at it again.

I've seen the constant warnings you've gotten from other mods, we're getting damned tired of dealing with you, child. Not even in times of global crisis can you behave or have a dash of tact.

Both of you shut the hell up. Stop stirring shit around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glaude

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Come on guys, please don't lower yourselves to this type of useless drivel. We really need to be supporting one another during this time. This is going to be a long and difficult journey for each of us. Regardless of race, nationality, religion etc. Let's not let the pressure get to us right from the start. Let's keep emotions in check. Let us focus on goodwill and support.

Reactions: mclarendude

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
chocolito i live in africa bru. I run around without shoes and feed of the land. Panties and toilet paper is a none essential. You just Enjoy our gold and diamonds while you drink tea with your high tea at noon. Keep that pinky pointing up CHAP

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Sorry guys. I will chillax. This dude just pushes my buttons. I have loads more to worry about than him. No more from me on this subject. Sorry for washing the laundry on here.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Sorry guys. I will chillax. This dude just pushes my buttons. I have loads more to worry about than him. No more from me on this subject. Sorry for washing the laundry on here.

Yep same from me after all this fella is anonymous insignificant on an internet forum . I have bigger fish to fry. I'm lovely and relaxed here even if his constant message notifications are a little annoying . It's a shame chubby threw his toys out of the pram and decided to wash his panties in public .

NO more from me on this subject stay safe in the lockdown.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Well...on that note:D I can say we are starting to see stocks of bog roll replenished once more.
I find it strange that the whole world over, in time of the imminent end of humanity we had a coomon primeval quest to seek out toilet roll and pasta/spaghetti.....?

Last edited: