• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is life like where you live (COVID -19 around the World)

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Well...on that note:D I can say we are starting to see stocks of bog roll replenished once more.
I find it strange that the whole world over, in time of the imminent end of humanity we had a coomon primeval quest to seek out toilet roll and pasta/spaghetti.....?

Well, here and elsewhere, I've seen people who stock TP criticized. But when all this rodeo started, I thought that if everything went sideways, I wouldn't want to run out of three things: 1) toilet paper 2)canned goods (or pasta, for the long shelf life, up to two years) and 3) water. Didn't seem like something to overthink too much. But to each, his own.

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
JPCHUB, thanks mate, I know you two are just a couple of young springboks in the Transvaal rutting horns;) but one or all of us could be on ye olde colde slab this time next week
- life's too short...know what I'm saying?
I really appreciate you making the effort..

Reactions: jpchub

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
hey Leo...it seems great minds think alike the world over. Me personally I wouldn't have gone with the spaghetti/pasta maybe canned vegetable or fish. But as I say - lot of people (ok, I'll be honest, my observations are only based on UK and a little bit of feedback from cousins in New York and New Jersey:)), seem to be with you. But honestly- I would NEVER in a million years have thought about personal hygiene when on the brink of anniahilation (how the hell do you spell that )

Reactions: leo6929

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
chocolito sorry your daily wank watching the roylals is such a disappointment

What's a roylals ? Is that Afrikaans ? Zulu ?

I'm not sure why i get pulled by the mods and you don't . All i have done is yank your cord and watch you spin, i'm not sure what is childish about that but hey . I 'm :matty:and your :headdesk: by your own admission . I have apologised for using you as amusement ( this lockdown is a bit boring) and agreed to stop posting on this thread . I thought you were doing the same ? Any way a little hint stop @ me in your posts then i won't get message notifications to my inbox . That way as i'm doing as agreed and not looking at the thread i won't see what you post . That you can have the last word and post something funny at my expense to impress all your imaginary friends on the forum .

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Mr.Chocolito, the man has apologised, you've got it out there that you've been pulled up by the mods, done a bit more venting, and now we're even stevens hopefully. Let's move on gents...

Reactions: Glaude

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
French offical doctors say malaria prevention pillls could be bad for heart ... which is true if you take too much of it ......

This is a bit more complicated. If chloroquine may lower viral charge, it seems to also generate more complication (sorry for my English!)
But there is no numbers now, even Raoult one are unuseful, but soon it will be better.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
This is a bit more complicated. If chloroquine may lower viral charge, it seems to also generate more complication (sorry for my English!)
But there is no numbers now, even Raoult one are unuseful, but soon it will be better.

YES ... but those risks were already known with Plaquenil and Nivaquine ... so nothing really new IMHO

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
On a lighter note, i heard someone refering to Dr Raoult as "Le savant de Marseille" :) (sorry it's untranslatable)

Reactions: Glaude

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
On a lighter note, i heard someone refering to Dr Raoult as "Le savant de Marseille" :) (sorry it's untranslatable)

It was mis-translated - should have been 'Le Savon de Marseille'.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
chocolito i live in africa bru. I run around without shoes and feed of the land. Panties and toilet paper is a none essential. You just Enjoy our gold and diamonds while you drink tea with your high tea at noon. Keep that pinky pointing up CHAP

Do you wear at least a Rolex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triberus

Horology Curious
3/11/19
Canada
Toronto in Canada announced all non-essentials to be closed just like many other parts of the world. It's sort of weird seeing such a packed city so empty especially during rush hour, so little cars. Police have started to fine people who aren't practicing social distancing. Grocery stores are still full of people but supplies are steady and nothing too major in terms of shortages especially tp.

dncnexus

Horology Curious
6/6/19
Here in Maryland, USA we have a shelter-in-place with only essential personnel and businesses being open. Before the shelter-in-place lots of stupid people still going outside. We aren't sure how long the shelter will be in place as it is indefinite but Virginia has it until around June.

blablapouquie

Horology Curious
24/3/20
Hello, In Paris all is empty... no one on the street.
6OMc8.jpg
6OumK.jpg
6O4wR.jpg
6OwyL.jpg
6OvCv.jpg
6ONej.jpg
6O7S1.jpg
6ORr4.jpg
6OfEI.jpg
6OG3c.jpg
6O04i.jpg
6OSyX.jpg