• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Breitling are you wearing today?

mick0005

Getting To Know The Place
4/6/11
Which model is this? I like that it looks to be brushed & not so polished. Am I seeing that correctly?

It's a gen Chrono Avenger on a pro 2 bracelet. The entire watch is titanium so it's definitely more dull than a stainless. I don't know if it's actually brushed, it's more like the raw finish of titanium. But I guess I don't know much about titanium. Maybe that is brushed.

Stargeezer64

2/5/15
mike0005 and Fake_da_Funk:
That's gotta be a gen Breitling Chrono Avenger with Pro 2 bracelet? That bracelet in Titanium is not that common, but nice of course!

I have the Chrono Avenger rep, which is not quite "super" material and I have considered a gen, they are not too badly priced used, actually.

After hanging around this forum I would be scared to death to pay big bucks for an expensive used watch on a web site deal. With reps fooling jewlers how would you know it was really a gen?

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
After hanging around this forum I would be scared to death to pay big bucks for an expensive used watch on a web site deal. With reps fooling jewlers how would you know it was really a gen?
1) buy from an AD or trusted second hand site
2) if unsure, pop the back open and have a jeweller authenticate it.

Sent from my Deco stop

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
You could only pop the back once you had it in hand. The money is gone by then.
This is where my other point comes into play. If there is ever a situation in which you're buying second hand from a non AD source, always meet in person at an AD to authenticate before handing cash over.

Sent from my Deco stop

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
97a57e7dabe82556cb64e68e856e0782.jpg

LeMans and a super ocean !

Sent from my Deco stop

PaBrBe

28/9/14
If you know the watch well enough, and the reps aren't quite up to super, like the Breitling Chrono Avenger, you can tell from images.

If you buy from eBay, using Paypal, Paypal will refund you if you thought you were buying a gen but got a rep.

I haven't tried this, but would go for it if things fell into place, and then I'd take the watch to a watchsmith and have it checked within the 14 days (I think) you have from Paypal.

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
If you know the watch well enough, and the reps aren't quite up to super, like the Breitling Chrono Avenger, you can tell from images.

If you buy from eBay, using Paypal, Paypal will refund you if you thought you were buying a gen but got a rep.

I haven't tried this, but would go for it if things fell into place, and then I'd take the watch to a watchsmith and have it checked within the 14 days (I think) you have from Paypal.
Yeah eBay is pretty good about refunding the buyer. With that in mind, I'm wondering what the percentage of people that actually check their purchases for authenticity are.

Sent from my Deco stop

Stargeezer64

2/5/15
No the discussion was about my concern about buying a gen from a web site. The Ebay add is just for example. Could you really tell it was a gen before sending the money?

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
No the discussion was about my concern about buying a gen from a web site. The Ebay add is just for example. Could you really tell it was a gen before sending the money?
For the most part yes. But could you move this to another post ?

Sent from my Deco stop

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Just in from Toro, posted in HK on Friday on my wrist in the UK before 2pm yesterday. Fastest delivery I've had and at $179 a great price.