• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

VC202FanBoy

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/8/22
That's a great question, I'm not sure. I spoke with a dial restorationist and the issue is that the finish isn't painted, it's plated, so they want to strip it and re-do the entire thing. I'm reluctant to do that given how small the affected area is, so I'm going to hold off on the dial for now as I gather the other parts.
Did you finish your 15202 project?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Couple of photos from gen parts i received
-Set of hands for 26470
-Black datewheel for 3120-3126movement

zQDIt5.jpg

zQDOEF.jpg

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Hello,
I have a ROO project that is not franken but it would use a Sellita and a DD module 293. I measured the JF dial to see if it's possible to set the DD module. It seems OK according to this plan (DD293) but the problem is I don't have a tenth millimeter accuracy :

If the rep dial could match the chrono module, there will be also the problem of the date wheel (there is little chance that it will end up below the cyclops)... Do you think the rep date wheel could be used on the Sellita by machining ? Thanks for help.

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Thank you :)

Note that the poorly installed date disk didn't go into the movement like that. I fixed it and so everything was aligned so I don't wanna hear any criticism along those lines. I appreciate other criticism though.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you :)

Note that the poorly installed date disk didn't go into the movement like that. I fixed it and so everything was aligned so I don't wanna hear any criticism along those lines. I appreciate other criticism though.
Why even criticize? It’s a brilliant effort and we should appreciate it instead, unless anyone can do better…
Well done and keep it up. :)

Reactions: Allure

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
What are you building?
These are for 26470 Batman project

But i will order some more gen hands-dw's for other references also that i like, so not sure yet for the final projects, but i will like to keep it at max 3. Time will tell

Reactions: legend and Tompa

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden

But i will order some more gen hands-dw's for other references also that i like, so not sure yet for the final projects, but i will like to keep it at max 3. Time will tell
Okey Nice. What movment are you using? If you gona use gen dw?

APPPFAN

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/22
Left is ZF, stock. Bought but not keen to wear after it arrived.
APSF Modded on the right includes :
1)APSF 15400
2) gen black dial
3) solid white gold bezel screws
4) Bevel hands and plating (using ZF hands)
5) hour and minute hand relume
6) service movement
7) reshape the crown
8) round the edges of the bracelet
9) Waterproof test
10) gen Black date disc

The watch is not ready to go on the wrist. When it does, I'll post better pic.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Please do a show and tell whenever you are ready. All the best with your project Mr I.

Reactions: Allure and j21