• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

hosusan6

Known Member
Certified
13/11/21
London UK
Another day, another Franken.

- new Gen Dial
- new Gen Tachy
- new Gen Hands (hour/minute)
- Mikey Cyclope
- Mikey Datewheel
- Gen Spec 1 x Ar Glass
- new Swiss M&D Movement
- new JF Base Watch
- thin JF Caseback
- polished Bezel Screws
- Domis Full Franken Work
- new Movement Holder

Untitled-2.png

Thanks Thommy and Domi ;)

Wow Congrats on this!

Reactions: Djsani26

IamSteve557

Horology Curious
24/5/21
sorry mate this is not really the type of franken belonging to the topic, here we speak about watches that have genuine AP parts

So is that the definition? Sorry, trying to learn. A franken is a watch that has some genuine parts?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
So is that the definition? Sorry, trying to learn. A franken is a watch that has some genuine parts?

Yes, it's a rep that has genuine parts, like an AP rep with a genuine dial for example

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

A franken, like what the rest have pointed out, has genuine parts of the same brand put into a replica base watch. Typically for AP frankens, you need a gen dial (with feet intact or Garuda will come after you personally. He looks exactly the same as he does in the profile pic btw), gen tachymeter for offshores, gen hands if you can find it, an LWO movement, and an extensively reworked case.

Gen straps typically do not count. Gen crystals do not count too for APs.

IamSteve557

Horology Curious
24/5/21
A franken, like what the rest have pointed out, has genuine parts of the same brand put into a replica base watch. Typically for AP frankens, you need a gen dial (with feet intact or Garuda will come after you personally. He looks exactly the same as he does in the profile pic btw), gen tachymeter for offshores, gen hands if you can find it, an LWO movement, and an extensively reworked case.

Gen straps typically do not count. Gen crystals do not count too for APs.

Thanks! Appreciate the education.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
apparently they count for other brands tho..mmm

;)

Hey S hows your vacation so far?
OK what I gave was purely my opinion. I get it that some people will count gen crystal alone as the basis of defining an AP as a franken, but not for me, when it is the crystal alone.

Reactions: Allure

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Hey S hows your vacation so far?
OK what I gave was purely my opinion. I get it that some people will count gen crystal alone as the basis of defining an AP as a franken, but not for me, when it is the crystal alone.

yeah i meant to say i saw watches presented as Franken and then they had a gen crystal or solely a gen crown..

PS: still busy at work..leaving next week covid allowing ;)

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
yeah i meant to say i saw watches presented as Franken and then they had a gen crystal or solely a gen crown..

PS: still busy at work..leaving next week covid allowing ;)

“Super Uber AP franken ROO with gen crystal and straps. Rare and 1:1. $5000.”

Like that? Lol.

Have a safe trip bro and keep safe and healthy.

Reactions: Allure

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
What’s up guys. Been away for a while, but I’m back again.

im considering selling my superfranken/almost genstein AP 26170ST to fund another hobby. It will be around 6600-6800 euro. What are the market for this type of watch? Will it be impossible to sell or?
everything is gen except movement.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
What’s up guys. Been away for a while, but I’m back again.

im considering selling my superfranken/almost genstein AP 26170ST to fund another hobby. It will be around 6600-6800 euro. What are the market for this type of watch? Will it be impossible to sell or?
everything is gen except movement.

A safari all gen except movement for 6600euros? It will be sold the same day imo...