• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig kaibravo1993

kaibravo1993

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
Certified
17/11/22
Tampa FL
As I said in the pm. just refund me. You my have word if the watch arrives as described I promise you will get paid. I have been giving you the benefit of the doubt. What I said about being blessed with family being in law enforcement is in no way a joke. If anyone knows or has any friends or family in law enforcement they know exactly what I’m talking about and how it really works when you need help resolving an issue. It has been 10days since you received payment and my tracking is still not working
I’m working on the tracking because i have two not showing movement. but as i think i told you i have the same in the fbi whose a sr special agent who would love to see @Ultra929 email to me. But there is no need. Chris i believe with your watch the address has been the issue as when i entered it in it was autocorrecting to other spots. With the refund here done we can chat offline via text. thanks for being rational here even wirh my chaotic shit. You didnt deserve that

kaibravo1993

INMATE
Certified
17/11/22
Tampa FL
Edited to remove name of recipient

Last edited by a moderator:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I am very glad to see this has moved in the right direction. It's sad because this whole thing could have been avoided.

Truthfully I think you owe a partial refund to the buyer of the Starbucks as well since it wasn't as described. It was not in like new condition. It doesn't have the correct bracelet and the screws on the bracelet are completely stripped out also there's multiple scratches on the watch head.

I've said my peace with that one. I think everyone can safely put the pitchforks away now.

kaibravo1993

INMATE
Certified
17/11/22
Tampa FL
I am very glad to see this has moved in the right direction. It's sad because this whole thing could have been avoided.

Truthfully I think you owe a partial refund to the buyer of the Starbucks as well since it wasn't as described. It was not in like new condition. It doesn't have the correct bracelet and the screws on the bracelet are completely stripped out also there's multiple scratches on the watch head.

I've said my peace with that one. I think everyone can safely put the pitchforks away now.
I have his number and will be getting in touch. I didn’t think it was scratched up but wouldn’t know on the Bracelet. The two of us will come to an agreement

kaibravo1993

INMATE
Certified
17/11/22
Tampa FL
Still believe a bigger conversation needs to happen in the age we are in concerning people’s personal information. correct or incorrect being certified should come with some sort of security so that people that have things to lose don’t have a data security breach. @P..DR..D

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
It looks like a lot more of these anonymous type individuals are frequenting the site, or perhaps the people in this instance were just friends of the buyers. The staff here do not dox nor do we condone it. However we have shown a tolerance to it in the brig threads. It has had very effective results in getting people to right their wrongs.

I am personally very much against it and I wish this darker side of the hobby did not rear its ugly head at all. However even I cannot deny how effective it has been in some instances.

proxyserv

29/3/12
its not so much the victim card here it’s more the idea that a group of people think it’s okay to actually dox or hurt Others. There has to be a better way to deal with people that are who you think i am like, but this isn’t it

In North African countries and the Middle East I believe they chop your hands off.

as i think i told you i have the same in the fbi whose a sr special agent

My Dad is best friends with Spiderman.

certified should come with some sort of security so that people that have things to lose don’t have a data security breach

Who said there was a security breach ?

Anyway, it's all been fixed now and you can put it behind you and start moving forward with your life.

Here's something for you to look forward to, the Tampa Bay Tech Awards in November - gonna be a great evening !
In case you didn't get the seating plan yet, you'll be sitting with Ben, Mary, Nick, Ross, Sasha, Mark, Marks 'mystery' guest, and Vikas.

Say hi to them all for me, they're a great bunch of guys.

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
@kaibravo1993
I think would be the best play right now

paul giamatti chuck GIF by Showtime

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
This hobby has a dark side, we all know it. All of us discovered the brig in our early days here and saw what can happen. I admit it gave me pause the first time and probably delayed my subscription by a day or two. But then I realised, acting properly, reasonably and doing the right thing would save you from any mishap.
Someone said it takes 5 minutes to make a PayPal. That's not true, it literally takes less than 30 seconds. Would I experience a situation where the parcels I sent where MIA and the buyers started worrying I'd make an immediate refund without a thought and liaise with a mod to inform him of the situation giving him factual proof of my goodwill, for the sake of my reputation. And wait for the situation to play out. And I don't drive a Porsche.

Toolwatchtool

Insert Witticism Here
Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
The entire certification process was not taken lightly. From concept to implementation, staff addressed member concerns, and assuaged speculation. Member info release is to be used as a last-ditch effort in order to assist those who have had problems within the M2M area. This was detailed in numerous threads.

RWI is an information site that extends the privilege to its members to trade unworn or lesser-worn watches. It is not a marketplace. It is also not possible that unpaid, volunteer staff mitigate each and every issue that occurs in the M2M area. Members who wish to participate in that area have been given the "certified" assurance so that they may attempt to recoup their funds/property directly with the member that they have engaged with. There is no 1-800-U-ASK-RWI. In the event that communication has ceased by email, in-forum PM, etc, additional methods of direct communication may be released. It's clearly stated.

This is a community that lives on one's word and one's accountability. If anyone were to place themselves in the shoes of a buyer who had received no updated tracking, combined with a lack of communication for over 10 days, they too would feel that there was something amiss with their deal. Everyone has hectic moments. That said, there is no reason that a simple honest message to a buyer cannot be sent.

If you are unprepared to answer a question or concern raised by your buyer, do not sell anything! It's that simple. Your problems are exactly that, yours. Do not create problems for others by actively ignoring them. This only creates more doubt. All of the secret FBI agent stuff is not necessary. This is human being 101.

Pop quiz...

You are planning on a two-week vacation abroad. You know that you will have limited time and/or limited access to RWI, email, and internet service.

Do you:

A) List three watches here in the M2M area.
B) Wait until you return from your trip to make your listings.

LPhiE

Supporter
Certified
12/12/13
Let’s be honest here, you were never going to refund or send the watches until you were dragged back kicking and screaming to do so.

Don’t play with other people’s money!