• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig Bobby1981

Bobby1981

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/3/13
@trailboss99 i dealt with him in that way that he sometimes asked me if I want this or that dial. While I asked him if he wants to buy the AP dial and piggyback which I also put here online and a ladies Rolex dial. All leftovers. He refused to buy them. The only thing he bought was that one dial. I was never asked to buy dials and sell them nor to get any parts to sell them nor anything else where I should sell something. Nor was I told what the third party plans to do with that particular dial. The only thing I was asked for was that tagged pic and yes that as can be seen now was obviously a bad idea. However I did not see this to be illegal (not my signature not my name) nor did I think of the third party selling it in that way. The most I could think of back then was that the third party wants to put it online already in any fora so that he/she can sell it quickly. Before that Incident I also had no name of the buyer. I never sold him anything before nor did I send something nor did I receive any money. I just saved the contact with no name and number only. I had no background of the history.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@trailboss99 and thanks that you at least believe that I did not sell it in the bay. However I still am not any mate of him and was used in this whole plot for this tagged pic only without my knowledge what will happen.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@trailboss99 i actually was happy in first place that someone could need that leftover for relatively little money. As i was also with the parts I sold here.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@trailboss99 from all the stuff I was offered by the person in question I bought over time two dials (not the one shown in the above post) a bezel, two endlinks, and a case because I needed pushers (not the case). The dials I bought from him I thought looked fancy but I had nothing to do with them. So I wanted to sell them at at least half the price I paid and only if someone has any use for them and not in the bay.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
pondering simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@TingelTangelTom Gier kann man das bei diesen kleinen Beträgen, deutlich kleiner als ich in der Vergangenheit jemals dafür gezahlt habe nicht nennen. Für keine der Teile die ich hier verkauft hab. Eher Platz in dem Chaos schaffen grade bei Sachen die man überhaupt nicht braucht.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
When I read Bobby's brain flatulences he's putting into writing, my Brain be like:
GIF by UFC

GIG

9/9/22
@trailboss99 i dealt with him in that way that he sometimes asked me if I want this or that dial. While I asked him if he wants to buy the AP dial and piggyback which I also put here online and a ladies Rolex dial. All leftovers. He refused to buy them. The only thing he bought was that one dial. I was never asked to buy dials and sell them nor to get any parts to sell them nor anything else where I should sell something. Nor was I told what the third party plans to do with that particular dial. The only thing I was asked for was that tagged pic and yes that as can be seen now was obviously a bad idea. However I did not see this to be illegal (not my signature not my name) nor did I think of the third party selling it in that way. The most I could think of back then was that the third party wants to put it online already in any fora so that he/she can sell it quickly. Before that Incident I also had no name of the buyer. I never sold him anything before nor did I send something nor did I receive any money. I just saved the contact with no name and number only. I had no background of the history.

What name did you put on the package when you sent the dial to him?

Edit: Or was this a hand to hand transaction? How did you get his phone number?

Last edited:

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
What name did you put on the package when you sent the dial to him?

Edit: Or was this a hand to hand transaction? How did you get his phone number?
Was no Hand to Hand transaction. With no address before the incident I meant no address before the buyer bought the dial and sent me his address. This is in screenshots of communication in the Helpdesk.

About the number I cannot say for sure because it is too long ago. It might have been that I bought something from eBay and was contacted by the seller.

I just wanted to get rid of all the single parts I don’t need. Like the original Pelagos dial, the original ap dial, the original breitling piggyback, the original Franck muller dial and so on. I offered this limited amount of parts not only to this particular buyer of the dial but to many contacts that might be interested. Here in the forum but also directly to members here from the forum. Same I did when I needed any specific rare part in the past, like for example the rare original AP case I bought here some few weeks ago. I did that by looking here and asking my contacts if they maybe have this particular spare part as well. I got for example a speedmaster case I needed from someone, or the original AP hands to the AP case from someone, or an original movement from someone. That’s actually how you do this when you don’t fabricate them by your own.

Sometimes you buy stuff that you think you could need or you think it looks cool but then it turns out that you don’t need them or you don’t like them anymore , they accumulate over time and you can either throw them in the trash or ask people if they might need them. That is also what I did. Part I threw in trash like old hands, scratched broken Landeron and Valjoux 23.22.72 etc dials, chrome plated broken cases etc. The part that still looked good and which I thought someone could need I asked contacts if they might need it.

That is the whole story. No part of any team. No scam from my side. No nearer connection to any of them.

All the parts I sold here, I sold always under value of similar items. At least that is my opinion. And that’s because I don’t need them. Of course some parts like the original breitling piggyback is hard to sell even at a reduced price because only few people have cases for DD modules. I knew that before but still thought that someone here might need it.

I also don’t put names to all my contacts. To the ones I don’t know nearer I put sometimes the name of the part I bought sometimes in the past, like Speedmaster Caseback for example, so that I know when I might need again an omega part, I could ask this contact. And to some contacts I don’t know at all, or i did not combine it with any important part I need, I leave the number as it is.

I even was scammed here by ivan, like many. And that is not something I do neither I encourage somebody to do it.
I was used here either by the buyer or the third party to write this tag by telling me wrong reasons to do so. I did not get any money for the tag and also did not see it at relevant at that time because it was neither my signature nor my name. The most I could think of is that the third party wants to sell it for example here quickly.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
My OP post has been amended to reflect the fact that Bobby1981 did not directly sell the fake Rolex dial, marked as a genuine dial, on eBay, even though his handwriting is clearly visible in the eBay auction pics.

Bobby1981 has been doing business with Jofre Bagan Bautista, a known scammer who's been scamming on Chron24, eBay, Reddit, RWI, RWG and probably gen watch forums, for several years.
He's sold the exact same Sodalite dials on RWI that Bautista has sold in the past on RWI.
Bobby1981wrote out tags for a dial he's just sold Bautista, so that dial could be put up for auction on eBay before the eBay account holder has even received it.
He later saw his own handwriting on the tagged pics in the eBay auction, for a dial he knew to be rep, but which was described as gen in the auction.
And none of this bothered him, which would suggest that for him, these are not unusual events.

Last edited:

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@tripdog thanks at least for the small correction. That is correct that I wrote that tag because I was asked to by telling me different reason than to sell it falsely described somewhere. I was tricked in doing this. I did not do any business with the buyer in order to make any profit. Which is usually the reason for business. I in fact offered him some leftovers that I also offered here and to members from here and to other contacts. Leftovers from accumulated parts over time and very cheap. Or at least from my perspective cheap. Although I bought from the buyer in the past endlinks, a bezel, a case for pushers, some very few fancy dials, I did not do that to get huge or even limited amounts so that I can sell them. This is also no real business from my perspective. I don’t know the buyer and even did not know his name before I got the shipping info.
The two dials you mentioned although maybe being similar, I did not buy from the respective person called buyer. For that I have screenshots as well that can be send via Helpdesk if needed.

When I saw the eBay auction I did not check it in any description or anything, because what popped up to my mind was the front page and that remaining days are few and that it won’t most probably arrive at that third party. That is then also what I wrote and which was sent to Helpdesk via screenshots as well.

Then I have seen this here, understood what is going on and even said here that any of the individua started a second auction.

I never advertised it as something falsely. Nor was I told what anyone, either buyer or third party will do and just by writing that tag I could only imagine that the third party wants to put it online for sale here or any other forum.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@tripdog and also when I put this dial here online in the forum for sale I clearly described as a very weird thing which I don’t know where it comes from, the printing looks weird around the subdials, like being reprinted or partly reprinted and that even the base plate looks weird from the backside. I speculated also in the sales thread that it might be from Vietnam but that I don’t have seen something like this backplate before.

It was sitting here since years. I never did anything with it, it had glue on the backside because someone tried to mount it somewhere. And before I started the sales thread I had a quick look in the internet to see if this can be a usual dial from Vietnam. In that quick search i did not see the same. And that’s also what I wrote in sales thread that it might be from there but that I actually don’t know where it is from. At least that’s how I remember the sales thread. It is blocked for me anyway and I don’t want to claim false things.

And as said when I saw that the auction was started again I immediately told it here in the thread. What is true is that I did not check the auction in first instance carefully enough and that I did not inform eBay that someone does anything with pictures from me and falsely described. However I knew that there is Post strike in Germany and I was only thinking that the dial might not arrive at the buyer or third party.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@tripdog and when I offered the leftovers i had, here and to members and other contacts and to the respective buyer this was a process of the last few month. When I decided that there is just to many things laying around. From all the stuff I offered to him, as said same original AP dial as offered here, same Breitling Piggyback as offered here, an original Rolex ladies dial, a Chronograph for parts from the 30‘s (all these things were offered also to others just to get rid of all the stuff), he picked only that particular dial. Other contacts took other stuff, like for example an old Landeron 42 steel Case, Seiko Bracelets… parts that were useless for me. And I can imagine that one or the other knows how these small items can accumulate over time, like old broken dials, old Chrono hands from the 30-40‘s, old square Chrono pushers from the 30-40‘s and so on.

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
@tripdog and when I offered the leftovers i had, here and to members and other contacts and to the respective buyer this was a process of the last few month. When I decided that there is just to many things laying around. From all the stuff I offered to him, as said same original AP dial as offered here, same Breitling Piggyback as offered here, an original Rolex ladies dial, a Chronograph for parts from the 30‘s (all these things were offered also to others just to get rid of all the stuff), he picked only that particular dial. Other contacts took other stuff, like for example an old Landeron 42 steel Case, Seiko Bracelets… parts that were useless for me. And I can imagine that one or the other knows how these small items can accumulate over time, like old broken dials, old Chrono hands from the 30-40‘s, old square Chrono pushers from the 30-40‘s and so on.
val kilmer tombstone GIF

Reactions: britain4