• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig Bobby1981

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Welcome @Bobby1981 , participating in the sale of aftermarket dials being sold as genuine on eBay.

3hC2l4.jpg

Last edited:

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Man... I was happy to see it quiet in the Brig. When it's quiet, it usually means less scammers around here.

Imagine being 42 and wanting to pull this kind of bullshit. Shame you're from Italy, there's great people there. Luckily, the Polizia take this kind of stuff seriously.

Bobby1981

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/3/13
Of course it’s a shame. And this is not me. You can see that it is online again. Seller is from Italy and not from Germany. I sold it to someone in Spain for exactly the same amount I asked for here, namely 150€. I have of course proof of that. I also told him that I have seen it in the bay with my pictures. The guy I sold it to is also not the eBay seller. He sold it himself further. I was asked by the buyer in Spain who directly sold it further, if his buyer can use my photos and if I could write his buyers name on the paper so that he can put it online on a selling platform before it arrives with him. Also of that I have proof of course. I agreed to that as it is anyway not me.
Again, I am from Germany, not Italy, and i have seen it myself in the bay and told my buyer that.
Will of course send proof of the dialogue to respective people.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
So wrote to @trailboss99, the only one I can write to with proof of everything. I sold here some of the parts I have/ had as leftovers from a long time collection. Always under market price/ much cheaper or cheaper than I bought them. Always with the spirit, I don’t need them maybe someone else for relatively little money. Why in gods name should I put it then on the bay for triple or 4 times the price I asked here and fake my eBay address to one from Italy? How is that even possible? As it needs to be a permanent address?
Hopefully everything I send to @trailboss99 clears everything. If not I am happy to leave.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Ahh, looks like you're online and engaging in a private message. Do you care to explain this situation?

Not only is scamming someone among the most dispicable things you can do in a civilized society, it also gives our replica community a terrible name. @Bobby1981

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@KushBandit i already wrote several messages here and directly to staff. However once in the brig they need to be released by staff. That’s why you don’t see them here. Private messaging seems to be also only possible to staff. Anyway once the messages get released you will see them here. This is not me. I am not from Italy. This is not my eBay account. I sold the dial to someone for same amount as asked here or less (150€ including shipping). It is right now in the bay again for over 1000€. Why should I do this. Please ask that yourself and wait for staff to close this weird case before putting my name in combination with scamming.

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
they were a few minutes ago
online and looked at the brig.so please explain yourself.karma will catch up with you anyway.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
So wrote to @trailboss99, the only one I can write to with proof of everything. I sold here some of the parts I have/ had as leftovers from a long time collection. Always under market price/ much cheaper or cheaper than I bought them. Always with the spirit, I don’t need them maybe someone else for relatively little money. Why in gods name should I put it then on the bay for triple or 4 times the price I asked here and fake my eBay address to one from Italy? How is that even possible? As it needs to be a permanent address?
Hopefully everything I send to @trailboss99 clears everything. If not I am happy to leave.
No use writing to me, I'm not a sales moderator. You need to take out a help desk ticket

Reactions: TESLA760

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
Did. Thanks for the advice how to proceed.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
While I'd love to believe you aren't that dumb to try to sell those dials as genuine after listing one here, it's honestly not looking good as of now. Your best bet is provide the conversation from your private sale and payment proof of recipt to the mods, specifically @tripdog to prove you sold it.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@Rx4Time i did that already. Everything was sent. And actually how I see the case and all the proof I have it looks extremely good if not excellent. You can already see in @tripdog third picture that the handwriting of the eBay seller is different to mine. While usually I agree with the mods, here this is not the case and research was not done extensively enough. Of course a quick shot (even though it is false) is better than a big problem afterwards. But in this case you can easily see that things don’t line up. You can Google the sellers name and see several tags with his handwriting which then should give you at least a hint that something weirdish is going on, before sending me into the brig. Anyway I did my best to show everything and am definitely on the right side.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@g00n3r no, looks not the same. In @tripdog third picture is the sellers real handwriting. In the top picture is mine because the buyer I sold it to (for 150 including shipping) kindly asked me to put that tag on photo so that his buyer (third party) can put it online before I send it to my buyer. In other words the third party already wanted to start a sales case on which platform soever. It’s just bullshit that this can be me. How should I fake an Italian residence and Italian eBay account and that since years? And for what? Just to work on the case that years in the future I plan to sell a dial? That is just ridiculous. If you carefully scrutinize the whole scenario it gets clear that this is not me. Again I am from Getmany and have a completely different eBay account.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I’m no expert but the handwriting looks…..
James Franco GIF

Curious to see how this all unfolds…..
They definitely look very similar, and the 2 & 3 are identical. The 0's even have the same start/finish whip going on. Strange how the eBay user name matches the one on the paper, which matches the penmanship of the member in question.

Hopefully it is simply a case of a scammer trying to pin the crime on @Bobby1981. I'm not a handwritting expert, nor an investigator/detective, but this doesn't look good. However, @tripdog doesn't have a habit of calling out a member without dotting his I's and crossing his T's.