• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig Bobby1981

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
The only reason to tag ebay photos with your name on it, is to avoid that scammers steal your photos and try to sell things they dont have.

By tag these products with the names of others - to me - you are part of that scam.

I am not sure, if youre just naive and didnt know what was going on - or you just dont care. The amount of parts you have bought and sold in the past, says that you know how these things work.

I am a dumb person,that always want to belive in the best of people, but dude, you are making it very hard for me.

Bobby1981

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/3/13
@TingelTangelTom obviously I was somehow part of this whole plot because I was used and tricked to write that tag. I neither advertised the item as what it not is nor did I encourage someone to do so, nor did I know or was I told That some potential buyer/seller plans to do so.

I did not know that you actually tag photos in eBay auctions. that was the first time I have seen it, although I bought many Watch parts there in the past.
As said, I was told that the third party is afraid that I do not ship the item. The most I could think was that the third party wants to put it online in a forum here like this. Which was also the only place I have seen this tagged picture system before. I was not thinking of eBay as I have never seen it there before. I Still have also no idea what the purpose of this tag was. The third party could have waited for the item and make a tag then if the plan was to sell it. Again selling it the way it was done is not something I support nor is this something I encourage.

I thought that if him/her wants to sell it here he can do that (of course if correctly described). Since it was not my name on the tag I could see no other use in that.

When I have seen the eBay auction I had only a quick look on the main page and have just seen the auction run time. I did not monitor the auction from the beginning nor did i later. I was thinking why in gods hell did he start an auction if he does not have the item. I did not see the description because my only thought was it won’t arrive on time from me to the buyer and then to the third party. That is also what I told then the buyer.

Lateron when I came here I have seen what happend and already said on the first page of all these pages that someone started an auction again.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
I am not sure, if youre just naive and didnt know what was going on - or you just dont care. The amount of parts you have bought and sold in the past, says that you know how these things work.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

I wanna believe u, but details of your story just dont make sense to me.

Reactions: TESLA760

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@derjenigewelcher yes in this case I was dumb like a sheep. This a have to admit after seeing what happened with the dial afterwards. I did not see that coming. I had never seen tagged pictures on eBay before. Only here. That was the most I could think of that the third party wants to sell it.

I don’t know the third party nor the buyer. I bought some very few parts of the buyer in the past and offered him now, that I wanted to get rid of all my useless parts, some. These some parts I offered here as well and also other contacts that might find them useful.

Basically for all I said I also provided communication snapshots to the Helpdesk.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@TingelTangelTom now that I think of it, I don’t see how in eBay that should be the reason. You have excellent buyer protection. If someone sells but does not ship you immediately get paid back. Same if a seller ships an item completely falsely advertised. So no, this is in eBay no reason for tagged pictures. In fact I now checked all my items under observation in eBay and could not find a single tagged picture.

In a forum like here a tagged picture makes sense to add some small protection to the buyer. But in eBay no. Also in eBay since some time you can pay only via the eBay system with full protection. It just does not make sense to put a tagged picture in eBay. That’s why I also did not think about it.

My guess is that the third party forgot to remove the tagged picture or that the item should have been sold somewhere else in first place. And if I remember correctly when I saw that someone started an auction, I even did not see the tagged picture in first place. I had only a look on the front page in my mobile app and saw only the remaining time. The tagged picture I have seen when I came here and then I have seen that someone started a second auction which I reported directly on the first page here.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
.... So you were naive and Just sent some random person a tagged photo with their username? We can't even say the person you sold it to because they're not the ones who are supposedly listing this on eBay now. I cannot wrap my mind around why anyone would willingly do this. Even if you thought they were going to be flipping it right away didn't you stop in question why it's changing hands twice almost immediately and the person who is going to be receiving it is trying to sell it before they even possess it? And that in and of itself would be against the sales rules for any form, to sell an item you don't actually possess. Nothing about this situation makes any level of sense to me. I know TB has made it clear that they believe you are not the one listing it for sale as genuine on eBay. That being said it doesn't make sense to me at all. Nothing about your level of involvement and what you've done, or why you would even do it.

Reactions: Tucker and rolex4me

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Same if a seller ships an item completely falsely advertised.

Also in eBay since some time you can pay only via the eBay system with full protection.

Auctions - whether it's at the local town hall or on the internet - are not the same as listed sales.

In an auction you are bidding on the item 'as seen'. If you bid and win an auction, paying $2500 for a Rolex dial that later turns out to be fake then you just lost your $2500 because auctions are 'as seen', you have no recourse.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@tripdog about local townhall or other internet auction sites I have no idea. With eBay it is different. eBay strongly is on the buyers site and will like always decide to the favor of the buyer. Since everything is paid through their automatic system they can and will immediately block the amount at sellers site.
I once bought an old Chronograph, which I asked before which movement is inside. I got told: an original Venus. What then really was inside was a cheap Chinese copy of a Venus. The seller refused to take it back. I contacted eBay and they told that I should go immediately to the most local watchsmith and let him check what is inside and let him sign a document stating what is inside. I did it like that and immediately the case was decided in my favor.
You can actually read all that in their policies as well. So Not it is not like that that they will accept such a misrepresentation.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Wow.

You are trying to justify your reckless and unconscionable behavior by suggesting that if eBay litigate on the buyers behalf and ensure that he is refunded if he can prove the the 'genuine' dial he won at auction is fake, then it's perfectly acceptable for you to do business with known scammers and have items you sold and provided handwritten tags for appear in fraudulent auctions.

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@tripdog thats not what i said. I said that I see no reason to put a tagged picture in eBay. Furthermore I said that eBay is heavily buyer protective and not what you see is what you get. I did not justify anything by this. Nor did I know any of the persons or their history. Nor did I do any business in the sense of making any profit. It is not acceptable for me to sell something falsely described even if the buyer has the option to get his money back. Neither do I encourage somebody to do so. It is also not acceptable for me to use any pictures of me.
I was not told that the pictures are for that purpose. In fact I was told something different.
When I saw the auction I did not see it in detail. And I did not monitor it. It was in a short timeframe over the weekend and at the beginning of the week (if I remember correctly) I came here, have seen what happened and also informed that a second auction was started. I was the first one who reported that.
So no that was not something I was fine with when I saw the details of the second auction and that’s also why I reported it here after I have seen what happend.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
I'm still finding this incredibly intriguing....

But like others I can't wrap my head around how someone would think this is 'normal practice' and willingly tag and send a pic like that?

Which, unfortunately is why you're an inmate. 🤔

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
@DiggerOfWatches i did not think of someone using the tag for ebay. As i think now, it is useless there. I have never seen it there in any other auctions. I was told the third party wants it to have some buyer protection.
This was unusual to me, not normal practice but not impossible as well. In fact the tag system that’s what here is used to gain some little protection as well. It was also unusual to me at the beginning.

The most I could think of was that the third party wants to sell it here earlier shortly before it arrives or so. Which he is free to do as long as correctly described and paid for.
I am not sure if a seller needs to have the item in hands, for being able to start to sell it, as long it is his (for example because he bought it or got it as present or whatever). He needs for sure to send it and to describe it correctly as what it is.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The most I could think of was that the third party wants to sell it here earlier shortly before it arrives or so. Which he is free to do as long as correctly described and paid for.

This is digging you further into that hole. This is 100% against the sales rules here and every other forum I've been on.

giphy582f9494f9b9ec3d.gif

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
@DiggerOfWatches i did not think of someone using the tag for ebay. As i think now, it is useless there. I have never seen it there in any other auctions. I was told the third party wants it to have some buyer protection.
This was unusual to me, not normal practice but not impossible as well. In fact the tag system that’s what here is used to gain some little protection as well. It was also unusual to me at the beginning.

I am not sure if a seller needs to have the item in hands, for being able to start to sell it, as long it is his (for example because he bought it or got it as present or whatever). He needs for sure to send it and to describe it correctly as what it is.
The more you type and attempt to "explain" yourself, the more I'm convinced that you are mentally challenged.