• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch Shipment problem.. Help?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yeah this is a S** show.. Once I get it all figured it out and if mods allow I'll post the things he said on the PayPal claim.. Unreal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering the claims of selling reps for gens, if I were you I'd empty that PP account, just in case....

DoubleRawForce

21/8/13
Yup.. But he also claims he never received it.. So how would he know..

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yup.. But he also claims he never received it.. So how would he know..

Hmmmmmmm.... this is indeed a twisted tale - maybe be the buyer can clarify? :laugh:

Hooster

Known Member
16/6/10
Hey guys, so I'm in a bit of a situation..

I recently sold a watch to another member here, I chose " no warranty" on the ad and I shipped the watch to Singapore via USPS. I have shipped watches to China/UK/South America and never had any issues..
Well the buyer says the watched hasn't arrived and wants a full refund? I contacted USPS but as there was no tracking they said it's hard to know exactly what happen to the package.

I told the buyer I'm willing to come up with an arrangement because as this is a crappy situation and it has never happen to me before .. Any tips? Or has this ever happen to anyone?

Thanks

So little update for you guys.. Me and the member agreed on me giving him a 50% refund and if they watch arrived he would return the money.. Great.
Well over a month now and I get an email from PayPal and he filled a claim and even said on the claim that I sold the watch as " Gen" and he receive a "Fake" now this is Great..

There is now irrefutable evidence, from PayPal that the scammer did in fact receive a replica/"FAKE" watch. The scammer said so himself. If I was selling to him I am not sure I would let this all pass, even if I was to get the 50% refund back. Scamming people who have your name and address is a dangerous thing to do. Even without any physical retaliation, then there is plenty of scope for electronic retribution. Simply posting the details of the scammer, online could be very damaging to him. He might have problems if his employer finds out he has a scammer working for him. Future employers will google his name and guess what, find out that he is a scammer.

My advice to you, scammer, is to apologize, give back the money and beg the OP not to take this up a level.

DoubleRawForce

21/8/13
Idk if I'm allowed to share the things he is saying to PayPal.. But let's say he said he is contacting the FBI and panerai to "sue" me?

Hooster

Known Member
16/6/10
Idk if I'm allowed to share the things he is saying to PayPal.. But let's say he said he is contacting the FBI and panerai to "sue" me?

He is just playing mind games. Good luck to someone in Singapore, contacting the FBI because of a fake watch. He might get sued for harassing the FBI and wasting their time.

If I were you I would google him. Something might turn up, such as his place of work or study. There might be people there who are interested in knowing what kind of character he is.

I am not a patient person but I am willing to allow some room for genuine mistakes. In this case I am afraid my patience would have run out, the minute he threatened to sue me...

Please don't let him scare you with his silly threats. He either refunds you the money he owes you, or you bring some serious s**t down on his ass. Public naming and shaming, full name and address posted online might be a good place to start.

DoubleRawForce

21/8/13
He is just playing mind games. Good luck to someone in Singapore, contacting the FBI because of a fake watch. He might get sued for harassing the FBI and wasting their time.

If I were you I would google him. Something might turn up, such as his place of work or study. There might be people there who are interested in knowing what kind of character he is.

I am not a patient person but I am willing to allow some room for genuine mistakes. In this case I am afraid my patience would have run out, the minute he threatened to sue me...

Please don't let him scare you with his silly threats. He either refunds you the money he owes you, or you bring some serious s**t down on his ass. Public naming and shaming, full name and address posted online might be a good place to start.

yeah i lost my patience already..

i don't want to do such thing because he also ha all of my info I'm guessing.. so not sure what the next move is.. waiting of a reply on Mods

Hooster

Known Member
16/6/10
yeah i lost my patience already..

i don't want to do such thing because he also ha all of my info I'm guessing.. so not sure what the next move is.. waiting of a reply on Mods

If you ever happen to be in Singapore you may wish to take a taxi. The driver will most certainly be able to introduce you to people in the debt collection business. They would sort this little mess out in no time...

DoubleRawForce

21/8/13
lol I'm surprised the mods haven't blocked him or anything as on His profile it shows him reading this Thread lol

Locknload

22/3/13
Geeze, he sent me a PM earlier at 5am my time with a quoted pm he got from Kains and stating that he was never offered tracking.

I totally forgot about this thread. I have no real idea why he chose to PM me. I only offered what was rational advice on how to follow the rules of the board and ask a mod for help if needed.

I replied to his PM saying that that stinks if he never got offered tracking but that mentioning a PP chargeback without mod approval is a violation of forum rules. I didn't know there was an "update" in this thread that he is going full bore with trying to get money back after possibly getting the watch! Hope it works out for you in the end [MENTION=70072]kains[/MENTION].

DoubleRawForce

21/8/13
Yeah and the fact that he is saying the watch was a "gen" and I sent him a fake to PayPal just so he gets the money is funny.. Then saying he will contact FBI..? Like what?

DoubleRawForce

21/8/13
Also when I questioned him about how could he know the watch was a " fake" if he claims he never got it..

He said he took the pictures of the sales ad to a Panerai store or something and they told him it was a fake

Locknload

22/3/13
Uh, an ad that was posted on a replica watch forum is probably going to be for a replica watch.

Or am I missing something here?

DoubleRawForce

21/8/13
Exactly... He joined a Replica Watch forum.. Paid $175 for a watch that cost $5000... And then he tells me and PayPal that I told him it was a "Gen"?
Nice try

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The guy sounds like he has an IQ of about 60 - why would the FBI be interested in a fake watch?

OP you sound concerned that he has all your details/info - you have all of his info too. It's amazing what you can find out about someone with their name & address.

A while ago I bought some stuff off a supposedly reputable website - nothing to do with watches. I kept being given excuses as to why it hadn't shipped - out of stock, problem with supplier, shipped but now lost in post etc etc. After 4 weeks I still hadn't received a tracking number, just a lot of excuses. I spent a few hours researching the guy - had his name & address. I found out a lot about him, including his age, what school he went to, the names of his neighbors, his parents address and the names of their neighbors, his previous employers, the companies that he had set up which had subsequently gone bankrupt etc - even his his sexual "preferences".

I sent him an email telling him what I knew about him, and that if I didn't get a refund in 24hrs I would send all the info I had on him to his parents, his parents neighbors and his neighbors. A few hours later he sent me a full refund plus a tracking number for the goods which I had ordered - and yes they were delivered... :laugh: True story.

DoubleRawForce

21/8/13
Yeah I guess.. Also nobody has replied to my ticket yet and it had been a while.. Just interesting...

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yeah I guess.. Also nobody has replied to my ticket yet and it had been a while.. Just interesting...

Send a PM to one of the sales Mods - it was the weekend so they may have been busy....

DoubleRawForce

21/8/13
I've had been talking to them back and forward but haven't heard back since yesterday afternoon

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
[MENTION=93670]fstyle28[/MENTION]

you sure you want to go the authorities way? that's kinda stupid. whatever you do here is all logged and it's proof of your participation...

from what i heard, bank freezes your accounts and hdb confiscates flats for illegal goods dealing...

i wouldn't take those risks if i were you and start talking properly to the mod assisting about the issue.