• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The vsf is king for me also it has the best rep xtal I've ever seen in my life well the ar anyway it's like a prof but a bit better the black hole surprised me.its nit as black as gen but there is black hole effect for sure,the edge of the xtal sucks though.

arf hands are still the best by a long way.but the vsf case is top notch and cant be beaten by any of the new watches I've seen .the vsf dial is amazing mine is flawless and so is the insert.it has the best pearl in the game,

The bezel assembly and action and sound is impeccable never have I felt a rep bezel that feels identical to gen to turn
I shut my eyes and turned both bezels lol on the gen and rep .the teeth looks really good like a 2017 /20 gen

looking at the platinum deposit in the insert under a loupe blows away the zzf v2 platinum because under a loupe the zzf or noob platinum or arf has vertical lines going through each number I think that's the way the insert was finished before they deposited the platinum.the vsf is smooth as silk under macro
the cg and lugs are amazing and I've got a little comparison that shows the gen and the rep both have identical curve and taper

the sel is also best in class recessed perfectly on my example.but I've not seen the new zzf v3 yet with it's new arf bracelet.but going by the pics the vsf case shits on the zzf because of the cg.but I have a feeling the zzf rehaut will look better than the vsf.im gonna hold back my vsf full.review until they release the hulk I think.but what I can say is the vsf is fucking sick lol and it's only v1.and before the bs starts no I don't works for vsf or any Td I paid full wak for my vsf from trusty andrew.ill post up some pics I took to highlight why the vsf case and sel is so good

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The vsf is king for me also it has the best rep xtal I've ever seen in my life well the ar anyway.the edge of the xtal sucks though.arf hands are still the best by a long way.but the vsf case is top notch and cant be beaten by any of the new watches I've seen .the vsf dial is amazing.and so is the insert.it has the best pearl in the game,
looking at the platinum deposit in the insert under a loupe blows away the zzf platinum because under a loupe the zzf or noob platinum has vertical lines going through each number.the vsf is smooth as silk.
the cg and lugs are amazing.the sel is also best in class.but I've not seen the new zzf v3 yet.but going by the pics the vsf case shits on the zzf because of the cg.but I have a feeling the zzf rehaut will look better than the vsf.im gonna hold back my vsf review until they release the hulk.but what I can say is the vsf is fucking sick lol.and before the bs starts no I don't work for vsf or any Td

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Screenshot-20201012-183529-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201012-183827-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201012-184005-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201012-141336-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201012-183529-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201012-184505-Gallery.jpg
​​​​​​

Screenshot-20201012-184634-Gallery.jpg
​​​​​​

Last edited:

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Every man and his dog has a submariner but on the off chance you don’t I highly recommend this beauty!

ZhYzNt.jpg
ZhYjtF.jpg

Omg that's fucking sexy and sweet, you gonna make me order one .. I wanna wait the hulk but it's hard with all yours pics guys

Edit : smoke as we thought everything is pretty much spot on expect the hands ?

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
For me the Starr of the show is the case and bracelet and sick movement that winds like butter

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I have already opened the watch to grease orings and to regulate the watch. The movement has very nice, butter like feel when manually winding. It was easy to regulate - when you move the lever it goes into new accuracy very stable way, unlike others where it takes several seconds to stabilise in new position. Overall I am happy :)

Reactions: stufuse

Tete

4/11/16
smoeke amazing sub, in some photos the VSF bezel reminds me of Noob's in the color Black-gray, does it actually look like this or is it just in these photos?

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
For me the Starr of the show is the case and bracelet and sick movement that winds like butter

case and movement seems to take all the votes
What you think about the bracelet ? Compared to gen ? Compared to arf or zzf?

Tete

4/11/16
dla329 My TD already answered me, apparently the first batch of RXF came with a different insert and with little platinum, now they are mounting the same insert as vsf

Mosaa786

Horology Curious
8/9/20
The VSF from what I have seen is setting the bar for subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The VSF is arguably top dog atm, and this is not a criticism but rather a comparison point. Nobody but ARF does the hands right (except the too white lume).

VSF minute hand lume plot is too short and too narrow, the silver borders on both hands are too thick. I can spot it straight away. Still an amazing rep though.

ZhYIMS.jpg

I agree, VSF in many areas looks to be top rep. It looks Great!

I definitely agree about the hand borders, you see it instantly don’t you. I did the first time I saw the rep pics.

I’d say the newest ZZF hands are actually on par / better than ARF, The geometry and curvature just looks right now. I wasn’t keen on ZZF hands at all before. The ARF hands has something that’s off on the hour hand.

my opinion of course.
afa97ee0e6c87ae5a9f847fb3134e42a.jpg

26fcd741624368bbec6968ee92ceace1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
the cg and lugs are amazing and I've got a little comparison that shows the gen and the rep both have identical curve and taper
Waiting for the "reflection"-crew to chime in and explain how you're completely wrong on the curve/taper of the lugs... :thumbsup:

Reactions: GingerBubba