• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I don’t care if it’s 316 or 904 I just want to know which one looks and weighs the same as gen. Do we know?

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: YellowFin

7five7

31/12/19
Bro, irl and in every light the zzf steel is more warm colour compared to arf. Believe it or not :)

If you look at my post from a few pages back you will see that I did a hybrid bracelet with half VSF / ARF and I can’t tell the difference in color, you can maybe tell by the polishing a bit but I can’t say for sure since one is new and the other has been worn for a few months. The color and polishing is very close.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
A very trustable source told me the side links of the bracelet links are actually 904L steel, while the center ones are 316L. But only on the even ones, the odd ones are just the opposite, 316L in the sides and 904L in the center. To the discerning eye it looks like a lovely mosaic!

peppercorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/18
A very trustable source told me the side links of the bracelet links are actually 904L steel, while the center ones are 316L. But only on the even ones, the odd ones are just the opposite, 316L in the sides and 904L in the center. To the discerning eye it looks like a lovely mosaic!

The other night, during the blue moon, I could see this! It looked checkered on that light.
I sort of wrote it off to the fact that I was on the 101, coastal highway, riding my rep Ducati at rep speed when i looked down and noticed the checkerboard on my wrist.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
The other night, during the blue moon, I could see this! It looked checkered on that light.
I sort of wrote it off to the fact that I was on the 101, coastal highway, riding my rep Ducati at rep speed when i looked down and noticed the checkerboard on my wrist.

OMG!
The same exact thing happened to me!

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18

Depends on the version, the first version they did that, next version they corrected the center link flaw but used 316 on the other links.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

So you're saying that it's actually a (316 + 904) / 2 L bracelet?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

I hope that rep Ducati uses 904L steel!

Reactions: Jayalvin777

dla329

27/10/19
hmmmmm....compared to RXF, Noob, ARF, ZZF, sounds like the overall best 116610 so far....? my last sub was a noob v6s lol.
I think my main concern is the reliability of the VSF3135 movement, would much prefer a 2824/36 for the pure reliability and ease of replacement.

than go with the RXF 2824. Its the same watch as the VSF.
Trusty said that the hands, bezel and bracelet is improved on the VSF but can t see any diffrents to RXF compered to the pics. If sombody have both and could do a Comparison, would be nice.
I had two of the rxf in Hand. One of them had a little stiffer bezelaction, but this is batch thing.

Tete

4/11/16
than go with the RXF 2824. Its the same watch as the VSF.
Trusty said that the hands, bezel and bracelet is improved on the VSF but can t see any diffrents to RXF compered to the pics. If sombody have both and could do a Comparison, would be nice.
I had two of the rxf in Hand. One of them had a little stiffer bezelaction, but this is batch thing.

Indeed, the intense platinum is only used by VSF, the VSF case is also slightly better, similar but not the same, someone already demonstrated it with the TD images, lugs and especially the rehaut area is different, RXF in that rehaut ring on the bottom touching the dial it doesn't have that little step like gen and VSF, and it's totally flat. VSF laser engraving is also better, although depending on the batches so far in RXF they look better aligned. The best bevel of the bracelet without sharp corners has it VSF. All this information is on the web and rwi.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Indeed, the intense platinum is only used by VSF, the VSF case is also slightly better, similar but not the same, someone already demonstrated it with the TD images, lugs and especially the rehaut area is different, RXF in that rehaut ring on the bottom touching the dial it doesn't have that little step like gen and VSF, and it's totally flat. VSF laser engraving is also better, although depending on the batches so far in RXF they look better aligned. The best bevel of the bracelet without sharp corners has it VSF. All this information is on the web and rwi.

Leaving your reflection obssesion aside, I find your posts really insightful. Let's see if they improve in the next releases.

Reactions: Blaze00215 and Tete

Tete

4/11/16
Leaving your reflection obssesion aside, I find your posts really insightful. Let's see if they improve in the next releases.

lololol friend, I admit it, it haunts me because I like it too much, but it is not reflection !! I used the reflection to show the curved and almost conical shape. And I think yes, each time they will improve more and more, until reaching a point that will be scary to see how they almost match gen.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

dla329

27/10/19

that pics are in two diffrent light condition

here is my rxf under Lupe

dla329

27/10/19
you mean that bevel of the corner, that was promoted on the RXF bracelet?
yes RXF has it too.

(the case of couse have to be a little diffrent cuz its a clonemovment. Rehaut looks diffrent too, but yeah could be a batch thing too.
Everything else looks the same. But I can juge the VSF only from pics.)

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
And I think yes, each time they will improve more and more, until reaching a point that will be scary to see how they almost match gen.

Bro I'm going to disagree here... Now that the 11xxxx SubCs have been discontinued I think we won't see any more big improvements past this round of reps/batches...

Would any forum vets care to share with us what happened when the 5 digit subs were discontinued? Did factories keep innovating? I guess the new ARF 5-digit is proof of that but it's basically a JF

Tete

4/11/16
you mean that bevel of the corner, that was promoted on the RXF bracelet?
yes RXF has it too.

(the case of couse have to be a little diffrent cuz its a clonemovment. Rehaut looks diffrent too, but yeah could be a batch thing too.
Everything else looks the same. But I can juge the VSF only from pics.)

no, I do not mean that, it is one more improvement that they took only for the VSF bracelet. Thanks for your photos, there you can see better the difference with VSF, it is not a huge difference, but that small step that if it has VSF, ZZF, ARF ... makes the dial look different. But it is something insignificant. It was just to clarify that they are a little different but at first glance it is not noticeable. Where the most difference is in the bezel with this new platinum, hopefully it will be durable

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Tete

4/11/16
Bro I'm going to disagree here... Now that the 11xxxx SubCs have been discontinued I think we won't see any more big improvements past this round of reps/batches...

Would any forum vets care to share with us what happened when the 5 digit subs were discontinued? Did factories keep innovating? I guess the new ARF 5-digit is proof of that but it's basically a JF

well if so, almost better yet, the new 126610 is much easier to copy, it has flatter and cleaner shapes, and also we will no longer have the sunburst problem of the Hulk dial, I think it will be very close and exact, or so I hope

Reactions: James2020