• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

techrigger

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/5/19
Do you own a gen/rep Rolex? Chromalight isn’t blue in real life like in the pictures man. It’s definitely not such a deep and dark blue. I even would say it’s more green than blue..

Ive had three genuine in the last year.. all the lume is the same colour as the picture.. it’s blue.. look at Rolex reviews ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

techrigger

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/5/19
Do you own a gen/rep Rolex? Chromalight isn’t blue in real life like in the pictures man. It’s definitely not such a deep and dark blue. I even would say it’s more green than blue..

Ive had three genuine in the last year.. all the lume is the same colour as the picture.. it’s blue.. look at Rolex reviews ,

techrigger

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/5/19
In 2008, Rolex announced a switch from Super Luminova to its own proprietary compound, Chromalight. Like its predecessor, Chromalight is photoluminescent and entirely safe; however, Chromalight differs in that it glows blue rather than green. Rolex states that Chromalight starts glowing more quickly and lasts longer than Super Luminova, and that the blue color makes it easier to for human eyes to read in dim lighting. Beyond that, Chromalight gives modern Rolex a distinctive appearance in dark settings, and brings yet another aspect of their production process in-house. So that is what makes a Rolex glow in the dark.

Thats from a Rolex dealer

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
ZZF sub on the extreme left, others all gen including a Tudor with green lume. Still waiting for the VSF to arrive. Probably can't tell in the photo but gen colour is very very slightly different compared to ZZF.

bf9fb4412a95cabdf6211cef49d9b6d1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
No you are completely wrong, Rolex use a blue chromalight lume, this is the correct colour, nothing to do with the phone camera. If you have a modern submarine with green lume, then it’s not genuine

I posted a picture of my genuine watch. The lume is green in real life, it’s blue behind a camera. I am not completely wrong, would you like to see my purchase receipt to prove its genuine?

techrigger

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/5/19
I posted a picture of my genuine watch. The lume is green in real life, it’s blue behind a camera. I am not completely wrong, would you like to see my purchase receipt to prove its genuine?

No id rather use my own eyes, my own experience.. over ten genuine Rolex, and also just happen to believe what Rolex say... you must have a different perception of blue and green to me and most others including Rolex

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
Andree trust also confirmed that arf wont fit vsf .arf have changed as they used to have a gen spec bracelet

I'm not sure what version ARF Bracelet I have but it fits the vsf. Sels are abit wokky but the ARF Bracelet is a lot better than VSF. The VSF also has a gap on the clasp. The arf also is a lot lighter steel colour wise (hard to see on pictures)

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Vsf using 316 steel bracelets it seems.. No wonder the price is good:) dont really care tho, love the watch. :callme:

Reactions: KJ2020

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Vsf using 316 steel bracelets it seems.. No wonder the price is good:) dont really care tho, love the watch. :callme:

I think if you gotta throw affirmation like this one, you should have proof. From Angus test all the watches used 904l (besides zzf) on the case and bracelet and 316l clasp tho.

Reactions: Tete

Tete

4/11/16
Which TD is this? Those QC pictures are pretty good!

MIROTIME, I chose it for that very reason, quality of photos and video of the operation. I got to know it thanks to Reddit, there people use it a lot along with Jtime and Geektime. So far very good communication with them, by email and WhatsApp.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
MIROTIME, I chose it for that very reason, quality of photos and video of the operation. I got to know it thanks to Reddit, there people use it a lot along with Jtime and Geektime. So far very good communication with them, by email and WhatsApp.

I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

Tete

4/11/16
I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

In principle, they sent me this other video from QC but when handling the seatpost, the change of date from 31 to 1 did not adjust well and that is why I asked them to mean a second to confirm the good operation and they did. Shipping is usually done by 4px but I asked them to do it by DHL and they accepted it.

https://youtu.be/kPKopvpEvxo

Last edited: