• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Don't rule out the RXF, meets your criteria with 2824.

Yes agree, I should keep the RXF in view.
Noob, ARF, ZF, ZZF, RXF and now VSF. I don't think there was ever a time that there are so many factories making the subs at the same time, interesting era we have here.

Last edited:

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
techrigger , please don’t pass your misunderstanding onto other members here. We all know that the newer subs use chroma light, which is essentially superluminova BGW9. We also know that previous 5 digits were green. The statement about the cameras filtering out the lume is correct. It appears blue in the pic, but in real life it’s a blue green.
So let’s say I want to mix pigments to try and recreate chromalight.
Light Blue and C9??
ive heard it’s somewhere in between the spectrum of C7 and C9.

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
Oh please god, not the "I see 904 steel" debate again!!!!

ZhUfbP.jpg

There was thread a few days ago when someone post 3 watches. One was 18k gold, one was 904l and one was 316. I picked out the exact watch with 904l two days before he revealed which was which. And it wasn’t just the whole watch. It was the case only. You can naysay but it’s possible to tell the difference.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
, RXF rehaut ring on the bottom touching the dial it doesn't have that little step like gen and VSF, and it's totally flat. VSF laser engraving is also better

Agreed the VSF engraving is better bro. My RXF does have the rehaut step though, it's just shorter in height.

Zhi90J.jpg

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
i guessing that bottom part is one of the harder parts to machine and that it varies so much on reps has more to do with tolerances than design. Otherwise they'd be able adjust the angle and height a little to match gen

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
no, I do not mean that, it is one more improvement that they took only for the VSF bracelet. Thanks for your photos, there you can see better the difference with VSF, it is not a huge difference, but that small step that if it has VSF, ZZF, ARF ... makes the dial look different. But it is something insignificant. It was just to clarify that they are a little different but at first glance it is not noticeable. Where the most difference is in the bezel with this new platinum, hopefully it will be durable

agree with dial height.
But the bracelet and inlay platinum looks the same.
So what more improvement took they only for the VSF bracelet? (the bevel looks the same)
Do you have both, the rxf and vsf or are you judging only from pics?

Tete

4/11/16
Any news on the hulk version guys ?

Looks like no Hulk news yet, I await the VSF, ZF and ARF v4 versions. I'm also confident that they come with a correct dial and less sunburst. Would definitely buy it.

Tete

4/11/16
agree with dial height.
But the bracelet and inlay platinum looks the same.
So what more improvement took they only for the VSF bracelet? (the bevel looks the same)
Do you have both, the rxf and vsf or are you judging only from pics?

I am waiting for the two models, they will arrive in about 10 days, I can only speak from what my TD showed me with images and everything that I have been able to investigate. There are hundreds of images on Reddit from clients and Qc. And in youku quite a video of comparisons

Reactions: Jayalvin777

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
I am waiting for the two models, they will arrive in about 10 days, I can only speak from what my TD showed me with images and everything that I have been able to investigate. There are hundreds of images on Reddit from clients and Qc. And in youku quite a video of comparisons

I've read all the forums and saw all the yoku Videos and qc videoes about the VSF and RXF. But never saw side by side pics or videos in same light condition.
Would be nice if you could share Comparison pics with the rxf and vsf.

I hope that they do a good LV dial too. All LV rep dials looks to diffrent in direct sunlight.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
Every man and his dog has a submariner but on the off chance you don’t I highly recommend this beauty!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thought this was a pic of gen

The VSF is arguably top dog atm, and this is not a criticism but rather a comparison point. Nobody but ARF does the hands right (except the too white lume).

VSF minute hand lume plot is too short and too narrow, the silver borders on both hands are too thick. I can spot it straight away. Still an amazing rep though.

ZhYIMS.jpg

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Yup and when I get mine I’ll dismantle the crystal and compare to gen.. see if it’s closer to 1.8mm or 2mm...

I Did some practice hand setting on old rep and still not confident in my skills/equipment to do hands yet so I think just crystal upgrade for now and it will look great