• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I have read somewhere that the Rolex WG bezel has palladium in it that gives the appearance of Rhodium plating. So in theory it still is bright (so as not to seem yellowish)

No theory needed, the fluted gen bezel is darker and slightly red/yellow. Check the Internet.

https://monochrome-watches.com/review-the-battle-of-luxury-daily-beaters-part-2-rolex-datejust-41/

https://www.watchlounge.com/hands-o...in-steel-a-k-a-the-perfect-all-rounder-watch/

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-datejust-review

Reactions: Venniz

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
Man... you might wanna stick to one question... Looking at your QC pics and based on your questions it seems like you have higher demands than gen Rolex owners have on their watches

Bro, after looking at your QCs (which are exceptional - gen like IMHO), I can only hope for the best. Now, could you at least answer one of my questions.

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
I've big wrists so didn't think I'd enjoy the DJ. Boy was I wrong, I'm loving it more than my Subs at the mo.

ZdpnBv.jpg

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Bro, after looking at your QCs (which are exceptional - gen like IMHO), I can only hope for the best. Now, could you at least answer one of my questions.
If you look at mine, Robi01 srhoque recent QC post I would rate them "very good" in QC aspect. Yours is at least as good. Your DW is so centered in every direction it hurts my eyes.

You shold accept it before Li decides to keep it for himself. Thats all I have to say about that.

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Most of white gold alloys have palladium in it. It’s one of the metals used to give the “white” appearance to YG, the others usually being silver and nickel.
Rhodium and palladium looks quite different if compared, rhodium is hella expensive hence the reason it’s usually plated on top of white gold to keep it shiny and silvery and prevent the gold turning yellow.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, much appreciated!!

srhoque

28/11/18

I don’t form opinions by looking at internet pictures. Anyways, I have seen a fair share of gens (my Brother owns one) and I have worn them too. As my eyes see them - the bezel is a brighter shade.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I don’t form opinions by looking at internet pictures. Anyways, I have seen a fair share of gens (my Brother owns one) and I have worn them too. As my eyes see them - the bezel is a brighter shade.

Haha, at least now we all know you're the only person on RWI who's ever seen the gen. If you're happy with it OOTB, good for you. It has also been stated here that some don't like the "glue bevel" around the cyclops of the gen. Fine for me, not every rep must be as close to gen as possible.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
If we're ever gonna find a "winner", we need an ARF, VSF and Gen video or whis discussion could go on forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aplex

Bobi01

2/2/19
If we're ever gonna find a "winner", we need an ARF, VSF and Gen video or whis discussion could go on forever.

Vsf blue dial is definetly closer to gen i can say with 100% sure
i dont say that arf is bad but vsf have that dark blue hue while arf have too strong sunburst even in low light when gen and vsf going almost black... arf is closer to azzuro blue color
for me winner is vsf in blue color

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
than you people talk about blue and rhodium,but the black dial is also awsome
find this out when i recieved the gen dial it goes from black to grey/brown nice smooth sunburst

Reactions: KJ2020