• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I can answer that his dial definetly isnt 116334 dial mate,116334 does have thicker lume markers,so 116334 would be wrong on 126334 case

I thought all 12xx dials had the 2nd crown at 6 on the dial.

Edit: Took a little digging but there is an interesting thread on TRF about the coronet at 6

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=603016

One of the posts there that I think is the most accurate is quoted below.

"I think the crown does not indicate the new movement. Before 2018 no Rolex watches had the [second] crown regardless of type of movement. I have a DJ41 without the crown, although it has the new movement. So, in my opinion Rolex has simply changed a dial design for some models since 2018."

As a side note, all 12xx GMTs and Subs do have the second coronet at at 6, which is why I thought the same was true for the DJ41. But all DJ41's are 12xx, it's just that some were made (2016) before the dial change was implemented (2018).

So another sure way to determine whether a DJ dial is a 11xx or a 12xx is by its construction. Only the 12xx dials have the stairstep face edge and the non-continuous rim at the edge underneath to friction fit on the 3235. The 11xx dials would be a flat plate with dial feet for the 3136.

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I thought all 12xx dials had the 2nd crown at 6 on the dial.

With the introduction of the new 3235 movement the DJ41 was released with the MK1 dial first and after some time the MK2 dial was introduced.
The MK1 dial has the "30" minutes number below the 6 o'clock marker. The MK2 dial has a Rolex crown below the 6 o'clock marker.

The swiss made print and the dashes at the 28 - 29 and 31-32 seconds are also different.

This only shows is when the dial was made. Also a lot of collectors are now seeking the mark i dial lol

Reactions: KJ2020

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
It looks like some of the DJ2 11xx dials were the same as the DJ41 MK1 dials in appearance unless this listing is wrong.

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/datej...id18239818.htm

People selling on chrono24 have no clue abour watches KJ! The listing is wrong here is a comparison between the dj41 and dj2. Easy way to spot is the markers, bezel thickness and also where the swiss made is place on the dial. Also dw thickness is different.

​​​​​
ZdtuP5.jpg

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Does anyone know if the blue dial color on DJ41/DJ2 has changed anything during the last years? I know there are different marks that affects the 30/crown but sometimes when looking at pics and videos it looks like some dials are darker than others. Could be the lightning as well...

Last edited:

Venniz

26/7/20
Does anyone know if the blue dial color on DJ41/DJ2 has changed anything during the last years? I know there are different marks that affects the 30/crown but sometimes when looking at pics and videos it looks like some dials are darker than others. Could be the lightning as well...

ARF dial is the best one. VSF is very Dark.

Kidding : I know you sold your ARF with gen DW and crystal to go VSF haha.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North

Lol. Yeah VSF might be too dark but the ARF is/was still to bright so that can be discussed for a while but my question was about gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aplex and KJ2020

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
So, I'm on a verge of placing an order of gen bezel for my franken(gen dial, hand, dw, crystal and crown so far) and since it's a big investment, I'm obviously doing lot of research

And honestly, not really digging how these bezel look on some of the gen I've seen...

I mean.....I get it, They're gold so it's supposed to look a little yellowish compared to SS but still.....so freakin yellow and not really appealing to my eyes....

mate they look yellowish hue of white gold in pics but IRL they are actually very close to white rhodium finish. This is also the case with AP ROs. If you see AP RO pics the screws loo quite like gold giving a two tone appearance, although IRL they give fantastic white glow:)

Reactions: jiro

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country

I've seen gen DJ2 and DJ41 side by side, both in blue dial, and color seemed exactly the same to me. I don't know about other colors...

Reactions: Akilles

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

Arf is completely wrong. Vsf has the best blue dial and also almost all their datejust dials are better than arf.

Reactions: KJ2020

Aplex

11/11/18
Is the VSF Rohdium dial updated? It was too dark before CNY

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Arf is completely wrong. Vsf has the best blue dial and also almost all their datejust dials are better than arf.

Bold statement, do you own every color in ARF and VSF and seen in person? I had an ARF v2 in Rhodium (which has since been replaced with gen dial), the colors were almost alike even in sunburst.

Even for the blue, I will wait for my VSF to arrive. I haven’t seen a lot of pics where the VSF dial goes blue and black at the same time (like gen). My ARF did that but was too much dark/black and not much blue left :D

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
mate they look yellowish hue of white gold in pics but IRL they are actually very close to white rhodium finish. This is also the case with AP ROs. If you see AP RO pics the screws loo quite like gold giving a two tone appearance, although IRL they give fantastic white glow:)

I have read somewhere that the Rolex WG bezel has palladium in it that gives the appearance of Rhodium plating. So in theory it still is bright (so as not to seem yellowish)

Reactions: Aplex and KJ2020

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I have read somewhere that the Rolex WG bezel has palladium in it that gives the appearance of Rhodium plating. So in theory it still is bright (so as not to seem yellowish)

Most of white gold alloys have palladium in it. It’s one of the metals used to give the “white” appearance to YG, the others usually being silver and nickel.
Rhodium and palladium looks quite different if compared, rhodium is hella expensive hence the reason it’s usually plated on top of white gold to keep it shiny and silvery and prevent the gold turning yellow.

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
Hey Gents,

Just received my QC pics and there are a couple of topics I would like to discuss:

1.) The "2 5" spacing seems to have been corrected. VSF seems very focused on prompt continuous improvement which is fantastic.
2.) The amplitude correctly measured at 59 degrees was 283 (which I think is perfect for the V3235 movement).
3.) The laser etched crown at 6 seems to be a couple of degrees off to the left (clockwise), this used to be the case with almost all ARF Datejusts. On this particular VSF watch, I don't know if it is the whole crystal slightly rotated to the left, which could be easily fixed by rotating it a couple degrees to the right (counter-clockwise)..... OR if there is something more going on here with the alignment of the dial/crystal. Feedback welcome!
4.) The date wheel seems to be centered accurately, maybe slightly towards the top. I have seen several recent QCs at reddit from other VSF watches with improper date wheel alignment towards the top, but this one seems fine.
5.) Do you guys think the coronet at 12 is slightly angled? I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me lol

A couple of pics for reference purposes:
https://imgur.com/a/IPpqSCJ

Finally, I believe the VSF Datejust blue dial is certainly a NWBIG watch. Opinions?