• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Rolex Smurf

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Colour of the metal and the weight are only things given me 2nd thoughts. Never bought a full PM rep before.

White gold is whiter than steel. More like Sterling silver in colour. Side by side it would be fairly obvious. Not everyone would spot the difference otherwise though. I would, but I don’t mind - she’s pretty.

Edit - also ordered!

Last edited:
Reactions: Grfranco

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Why would the weight of the watch be an issue?
Gen is full white gold which comes up to 200+ grams. Rep is steel which will be about 150 grams. When you hold it in the hand, the difference is obvious, anyone who has held a PM model will be able to notice the difference.

Reactions: SuperBatman

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Gen is full white gold which comes up to 200+ grams. Rep is steel which will be about 150 grams. When you hold it in the hand, the difference is obvious, anyone who has held a PM model will be able to notice the difference.

Yes naturally, I know that :)

I’m just wondering why it would be an issue for a rep on the wrist, unless one was planning on passing it off as gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yadda Yadda

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Same for bracelet feel, clasp feel, bezel click, movement and so on....

Why do you insist on being so obtuse about everything?

Way to draw a false equivalency and miss the mark.

He wears a SS LV VSF bracelet and raves about it, if he purchases a VSF Smurf it’s ultimately the same bracelet.
What exactly is obtuse about highlighting that there is no difference in the wearing experience?

We’re talking spesifically about the feel of weight. Reps aren’t produced in solid precious metals, so it’s utterly moot.

Last edited:

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Way to draw a false equivalency and miss the mark.

He wears a SS LV VSF bracelet and raves about it, if he purchases a VSF Smurf it’s ultimately the same bracelet.
What exactly is obtuse about highlighting that there is no difference in the wearing experience?

We’re talking spesifically about the feel of weight. Reps aren’t produced in solid precious metals, so it’s utterly moot.

Rolex steel has a small difference in color from white gold (I have them both). White gold has a slight bronze cast to it. But without a reference next to it, really hard to tell or get called out.

Unless you are in day light and know what to look for, it is very difficult to tell on the wrist.

Yes, the weight is different, so keep your watch on your wrist and it will be fine.

gmt2_vs_wgdaytona-dials.jpg

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
Rolex steel has a small difference in color from white gold (I have them both). White gold has a slight bronze cast to it. But without a reference next to it, really hard to tell or get called out.

Unless you are in day light and know what to look for, it is very difficult to tell on the wrist.

Yes, the weight is different, so keep your watch on your wrist and it will be fine.

Yea... like people are really going to casually hand off their precious metal watches. That’s a big no no.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU

Not debating the difference in colour, I was genuinely inquiring and curious why a difference of approximately 50g of weight would be a concern for somebody on a rep watch.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
If it isn’t the same warm colour or the same weight then there are better reps to buy in SS form. I like my reps to look and feel genuine - for me. I wear long sleeves (Scotland) nobody ever sees my watches but me, I’m not flexing.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Not debating the difference in colour, I was genuinely inquiring and curious why a difference of approximately 50g of weight would be a concern for somebody on a rep watch.

Because the weight of gen is heavier than the replica version. Will be a different feel on the wrist you may not prefer. You wouldn't mind if your ZF 116610 was 50 grams lighter than genuine?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19

50g is a significant weight difference on the wrist. For some people once you know what you know, it’s hard to shake it off.

Me personally I’m torn on this watch simply because this WILL get attention - Both wanted and unwanted.

I’m in real estate and a local agent just got his daydate robbed at gunpoint on camera in broad daylight- while driving into his own driveway!

It’s a stunner of a watch though and VSF is doing big things in the Rolex space ATM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy