• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Rolex Smurf

pooseefila

Known Member
12/2/19
Oh Canada
For those asking... I've had Everest and Rubber B. Sure they are great. But I've been getting my vulcanized straps recently from O2 Straps for like 20% of the price lol. Originally I found them on eBay but now just buy from their site.

https://www.02straps.com/rubber-1

They have lots of different styles, colors.. tang or deployment.

Here is a pic of the card I get each time I buy for next purchase discount. Feel free to use. I don't think the code is unique.
Z6KtUj.png

Last edited:

Venniz

26/7/20
For those asking... I've had Everest and Rubber B. Sure they are great. But I've been getting my vulcanized straps recently from O2 Straps for like 20% of the price lol. Originally I found them on eBay but now just buy from their site.

https://www.02straps.com/rubber-1

They have lots of different styles, colors.. tang or deployment.

Here is a pic of the card I get each time I buy for next purchase discount. Feel free to use. I don't think the code is unique.
Z6KtUj.png

Can't find this type of blue, except with Rubber B and it costs a lot.

pooseefila

Known Member
12/2/19
Oh Canada
Also was playing around with some Smarty Endlinks I had and they fit it with some brown strap I had from yesteryear..

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
The bracelet makes a watch.
It gives the watch it's feel.
The VSF Sub feels genuine when handled and is the only rep Sub I've ever handled that I can say that about.

That makes the VSF the best bracelet in the business.

I have an ARF 116610 bracelet here and I had to refinish the sharp edges..

Totally agree with this. Vsf bracelet handles like a gen bracelet and I’ve had several gen Rolex sports models. I honestly can’t tell the difference. It’s smooth yet solid with good weight to it. I recently purchased the arf batman and the bracelet is absolutely garbage in comparison. Need vsf to hurry up with gmts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
Tried to order this yesterday but my T.D says it is out of stock. Can anyone confrm this or had same issue?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Can't find this type of blue, except with Rubber B and it costs a lot.
They have rep rubber B straps but I don't know if they have size options or like most rep straps, just 1 size.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ATime

Horology Curious
2/11/20
Got my VSF Smurf from Andrew at Trusty Time just before Christmas. Really impressed with the quality of the watch and the speed at which my order was processed, received in the UK within 10 days of placing my order.

Still waiting for the box though.

Z6M9tQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
kavorca1

looks great, What were the ‘tweaks’?

reinstall DWO for better date positions (top to bottom)
- line up dial 12 o'clock marker to the engraved Rolex coronet on the rehaut (based on a best-fit effort only)
- reinstall crystal to line up the cyclops to the date window
- if the bezel insert is glued or taped on, I can reinstall bezel insert to line it up with the dial. But if the insert is pressed in, I can't do this mod because there's a risk of cracking the insert.
- if the bezel insert is glued or taped on, I can tighten bezel
- set proper crown stem length. The factory sometimes make it too long which puts pressure on the movement.

Reactions: BOSSK

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
- line up dial 12 o'clock marker to the engraved Rolex coronet on the rehaut (based on a best-fit effort only)
- if the bezel insert is glued or taped on, I can reinstall bezel insert to line it up with the dial. But if the insert is pressed in, I can't do this mod because there's a risk of cracking the insert.
- set proper crown stem length. The factory sometimes make it too long which puts pressure on the movement.

So are the bezel inserts on these glued on, or pressed in like gen?

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I don't know. i didn't ask him. The list i posted was The list he sent me about the mods he was going to do. But the bezel works smoothly, there is zero play in it and everything is lined up perfectly as well as The cyclops.

Reactions: jpchub

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.

A lot of these are no longer relevant on these watches. They don’t even have an overlay! This is what he used to do but not sure his services are worth a premium these days but that said Bert is a great guy and his qc check is worth a bit extra I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
A lot of these are no longer relevant on these watches. They don’t even have an overlay! This is what he used to do but not sure his services are worth a premium these days but that said Bert is a great guy and his qc check is worth a bit extra I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that Bert is a stand up guy and I'm very pleased with the watch so not sure what was done to it but I'm happy regardless.