• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Rolex Smurf

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I showed you that the whole left side of the genuine rehaut is misaligned. There's more to it than the 'top'.

It's pointless to talk with the people that have a rehaut obsession. You showed them fucked up watches from Rolex and they will still talk about it.

Reactions: leo6929

Williams_27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/20
Well on top the gen have aligned rehaut. You just showed me I was true ?

But I bought a smurf so.. and I bought a LN 116610 with misaligned rehaut. Only my 116610 LV has aligned rehaut.

Well we are talking about the smurf, but I regret my LN cause of the rehaut AND my DW is fat.. I don't have a nice DW. I will have to change the DW atleast once I receive it but I cannot change the rehaut...

I bought an LN with the misaligned first "R", while waiting for it to arrive and after looking at all the pictures of this on the forum, I was a little disappointed with that flaw but was willing to accept it. When the watch arrived I couldnt believe how insignificant it is in real life, its hard enough to notice when its on your own wrist due to reflections etc. Theres not a chance anyone could spot this from a metre or two while its on your wrist. I dont really class this as a flaw anymore as theres that many examples of gens where the rehaut is also misaligned.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I showed you that the whole left side of the genuine rehaut is misaligned. There's more to it than the 'top'.
More shocking is that there are fingerprints on the minute hands lol for a gen that is a joke.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It's pointless to talk with the people that have a rehaut obsession. You showed them fucked up watches from Rolex and they will still talk about it.

Except we're not talking about the same thing. There are some gen rehaut misalignments, but firstly they're rather small, and secondly, they are due to a slight rotation of the dial vs. the rehaut which creates an homogenous shift of every letter around the rehaut by the same distance.

On most reps, some letters are aligned and some are not, because this is due to an inconsistent/wrong spacing between the letters. So even if you were able to rotate the dial a little, you would improve the alignment of some letters but you would agree up the ones that were previously aligned. In addition, the misaligned is usually much more pronounced, with letters sometimes being completely in between 2 ticks. (Of course it depends on the factory and model)

I do have a rehaut obsession, like others have other obsessions. To each their own.

Reactions: Roguetheory

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Lol 99% of the time it’s a 5min fix to align the dial with the rehaut. It’s also comes down to the concentric position of the dial in the case seat not just the rotation...There is play there also, correct concentricity and rotation and all is fine haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

6/7/17
Lol 99% of the time it’s a 5min fix to align the dial with the rehaut. It’s also comes down to the concentric position of the dial in the case seat not just the rotation...There is play there also, correct concentricity and rotation and all is fine haha

In gens yes, in reps most of the time it is not a rotation it is an incorrect spacing between letters so you just can't fix it

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
The only one that I ever couldn’t correct was the ARF dssd, that was terribly spaced in the lower half. Maybe I’ve just been lucky in being able to align all my reps without too many issues lol.

Tobel

6/7/17
The only one that I ever couldn’t correct was the ARF dssd, that was terribly spaced in the lower half. Maybe I’ve just been lucky in being able to align all my reps without too many issues lol.

I guess you have :) Look at the rehauts on the ARF batman, or the VSF 116610 with the misplaced R for example, there's no fixing these guys unfortunately

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I guess you have :) Look at the rehauts on the ARF batman, or the VSF 116610 with the misplaced R for example, there's no fixing these guys unfortunately

Yeah I’ve read about the dodgy R on the VSF hopefully that’ll get sorted out eventually I’m
Keen to grab one, I noticed some ugly machining marks as well. The rehaut seems to be a challenge for most factories to get right.

Tobel

6/7/17
Yeah I’ve read about the dodgy R on the VSF hopefully that’ll get sorted out eventually I’m
Keen to grab one, I noticed some ugly machining marks as well. The rehaut seems to be a challenge for most factories to get right.

You may want to take a look at their 126610, they seem quite good and don't have that issue

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
You may want to take a look at their 126610, they seem quite good and don't have that issue

I do have my eye on that one and it’s very tempting. Just waiting for some more reviews :)

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
On my VSF Yachtmaster 42, some days sit lower on the date hole (noticed with the "8" and the "12" - might be a printing error).
I can live with that.

Reactions: Jayalvin777