• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
Sorry I'm new to the space and just trying to learn, sorry if this is a silly question.
But what do you mean by "Legal Movements"?.

I would of thought the DD 4131 is almost 95% gen compared to the DD4130 and would make it more "illegal"?😅

Or is it more to do with the factory dangdong factory?

Sorry just trying to understand.
It is not called Dandong factory. These are manufactured by Peacock who is based in Dandong City.

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Sorry I'm new to the space and just trying to learn, sorry if this is a silly question.
But what do you mean by "Legal Movements"?.

I would of thought the DD 4131 is almost 95% gen compared to the DD4130 and would make it more "illegal"?😅

Or is it more to do with the factory dangdong factory?

Sorry just trying to understand.

This factory is located in Dan Dong. Its common that factorys are named after provinces, cities and so on AFAIK.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Am I fucking insane or is the VS bezel pretty bad? The number cut out is way too thick

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
As many owners said , also in my case, the movement is veeeery stable, very accurate in all positions , filling the power reserve extremely fast to 70 hours … some says the winding is a bit rough but just dont use the hand wind because rotor and automatic do the thing very well …
Agree 100%. My CF 126500 black dial movement is impressive: +1 in all position. None of my gens have that, TBH. Very pleased with mine, also winding is very smooth.

tfranma

Getting To Know The Place
2/7/15
They almost look thinner than clean in the picture above, but in other example not looking good. Hopefully it’s lighting.

tfranma

Getting To Know The Place
2/7/15
Between Clean, BTF and VSF it’s so close I just don’t know if I have the eagle eye to even tell a lot of the small differences everyone else notices.

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Between Clean, BTF and VSF it’s so close I just don’t know if I have the eagle eye to even tell a lot of the small differences everyone else notices.
It boils down to the movement at this point.

I'm leaning towards saving 400 euro and getting the equally beautiful watch with a tried and tested 4802 movement. Not a clone, but who cares.

themaxx25

If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/4/24
CONUS
Follow @Reaps lead! He has the eye and is very passionate about Daytonas.
For me, if I could get a DD4131 in a Clean, I would be thrilled!

Reactions: ogh gee

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Because they're not illegally assembled by sweatshop workers.....
Kinda what I meant ;)

I honestly don’t even see the point if making “clone” movements that can be recognized as reps within half a second of opening the caseback, when there are perfect legal movements out there.

Why bother.

Reactions: SHB

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Kinda what I meant ;)

I honestly don’t even see the point if making “clone” movements that can be recognized as reps within half a second of opening the caseback, when there are perfect legal movements out there.

Why bother.
Up to you. This is why we say different people tolerate different things in replicas.

First of all the 4801 still is a unidirectional rotor which can be heard on wrist, free spinning, not quite like gen

Second of all, the clone movements can accept gen parts. To some this is an important feature and is beneficial too, if movement breaks you can replace with gen parts. Can't say the same for 4801.

Super frankening with a clone movement is much easier too. Look past the 4801, before with 2824 subs you had to clip gen dial feet to make it fit. Or having to glue gen datewheels to an overlay to make it work. Or broaching gen hands to make them fit.

Age old debate of A2824/2836 vs Clone Movements.

duderino

Known Member
11/6/24
Up to you. This is why we say different people tolerate different things in replicas.

First of all the 4801 still is a unidirectional rotor which can be heard on wrist, free spinning, not quite like gen

Second of all, the clone movements can accept gen parts. To some this is an important feature and is beneficial too, if movement breaks you can replace with gen parts. Can't say the same for 4801.

Super frankening with a clone movement is much easier too. Look past the 4801, before with 2824 subs you had to clip gen dial feet to make it fit. Or having to glue gen datewheels to an overlay to make it work. Or broaching gen hands to make them fit.

Age old debate of A2824/2836 vs Clone Movements.
Yeah I understand your point. In the end, it's all up to the user.

Superfranking is another thing I never understood, beside the hobby-aspect of it, I guess? Considering the price of superfranking a watch, why not just buy the real thing? - of course, this is my personal logic speaking, which doesn't apply to other things. For instance, I like to waste time building an outdoor kitchen-bbq-set, even though it would be MUCH cheaper to just buy one, or pay someone to build one for me, professionally, on top of that.

Hobbies, amirite? :)

themaxx25

If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/4/24
CONUS
Yeah I understand your point. In the end, it's all up to the user.

Superfranking is another thing I never understood, beside the hobby-aspect of it, I guess? Considering the price of superfranking a watch, why not just buy the real thing? - of course, this is my personal logic speaking, which doesn't apply to other things. For instance, I like to waste time building an outdoor kitchen-bbq-set, even though it would be MUCH cheaper to just buy one, or pay someone to build one for me, professionally, on top of that.

Hobbies, amirite? :)
I agree mostly, just buy the real thing…IF you can find it and it’s not double the MSRP!