• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
In my opinion, Clean base is the best due to proper defined lugs, proper CGs, but it needs either the btf dial or vsf with aligned markers. Also needs the new dd4131 and it will be a perfect rep.
Is this for the Panda or Black dial?

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)

I just got my QC… Actually I am really thrilled. VsF daytona seemd misaligned index usually. But this one… unlike other seems to be perfect! to my eye
That timegrapher readout is awesome, my SBF/VSF Panda is on its way, I approved +10s/d 245 amp & 0.3 BE 😐 I'm hoping 8 can improve on that? Your QC look great!

Reactions: love_in_jumbo

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Is this for the Panda or Black dial?
Clean dials tend to be very accurate. In my opinion the black dial silver rings around the subdials can be very misleading. Depending on the lighting and the reflection, they can appear bigger or smaller. Clean's dials biggest flaw are the hour markers which are still a tad too big and not as rounded as BTF or VSF.
I would take better, more gen like markers over a .5mm difference in subdial rings size, if that even exists. So with that said, BTF black dial looks very good, cleans white dial looks very good.
Clean cases have the best cgs, than BTF. VSF CGs are completely wrong. The rounded lugs on the VSF case are also a negative.

DD4131 Movement in BTF and VSF is definitely a top tier movement compared to the mid tier SH4131 movement.

love_in_jumbo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/23
South Korea
That timegrapher readout is awesome, my SBF/VSF Panda is on its way, I approved +10s/d 245 amp & 0.3 BE 😐 I'm hoping 8 can improve on that? Your QC look great!
Thanks! I hope yours will do just fine.

Even though and also feels nice to have good results, now relay small on the timegraph result when QC.

Because, whenever I get the watch in my hand. (right out of the box) It usually made very diffrent results. (1min to 2min error per day LoL)

I guess korean shipping system is much harsh than I thought. :)

Reactions: Jackster

duderino

11/6/24
Interesting, not sure why I thought it was a manual wind. Are these movements reliable? If they are, this could be a great alternative to the Clean variant at a very competitive price point even with the lack of a clone movement.
From what I understand, these are very good movements. I've even heard people say that they're better than the DD4130 movement, because these are official, legal movements assembled by professionals.

The only drawback is that it has a unidirectional movement and that it's not embellished. The latter, shouldn't matter since it's a closed caseback.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
this is simply not true sorry, do you have latest clean daytona or you have the first batch?

I have had both of them and now have both black and white dials with top extra rounded markers

Ah very nice. Glad clean changed them.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Ah very nice. Glad clean changed them.
In my opinion, clean made wrong move with first promotion pictures , comparison with gen , which showing first batch with “flat” markers and people only looking that pics for comparisons which is wrong because early on newer batches they fixed markers , or changed supplier of the markers which all of the factories uses the same now , more or less they are all the same because they are hand polished …

Reactions: love_in_jumbo

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
In my opinion, clean made wrong move with first promotion pictures , comparison with gen , which showing first batch with “flat” markers and people only looking that pics for comparisons which is wrong because early on newer batches they fixed markers , or changed supplier of the markers which all of the factories uses the same now , more or less they are all the same because they are hand polished …
Now if only clean would start using the dd4131

Reactions: ogh gee and AG91

love_in_jumbo

22/7/23
South Korea
Very true.
It is amlost like the phycological phenomenon when your first impression made to someone else in first 10 second takes 3 months to fix it.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Now if only clean would start using the dd4131
As many owners said , also in my case, the movement is veeeery stable, very accurate in all positions , filling the power reserve extremely fast to 70 hours … some says the winding is a bit rough but just dont use the hand wind because rotor and automatic do the thing very well …

Reactions: ogh gee

tfranma

2/7/15

Guys i didn't have the time to remove all the stickers yet, anyway i think that is a "best buy" for the actual value! I can undestand all the "tells" that someone points out but..... Are those so noticeble with a naked Eye? Come on.... I like It and i Will keep It!
The watch looks excellent. What's your opinion after having it for a bit? How's the movement, nice and smooth? And how about your opinion of overall finishing quality of case and bracelet/clasp?

ogh gee

Horology Curious
17/5/24
From what I understand, these are very good movements. I've even heard people say that they're better than the DD4130 movement, because these are official, legal movements assembled by professionals.

The only drawback is that it has a unidirectional movement and that it's not embellished. The latter, shouldn't matter since it's a closed caseback.
Sorry I'm new to the space and just trying to learn, sorry if this is a silly question.
But what do you mean by "Legal Movements"?.

I would of thought the DD 4131 is almost 95% gen compared to the DD4130 and would make it more "illegal"?😅

Or is it more to do with the factory dangdong factory?

Sorry just trying to understand.