• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Ordered a black and blue one.
Will compare to $88 one when they arrive.

I received mine the other day and they are spot on. the rubber material has the softness to it that the gen and the $88 strap have. the holes and everything is exactly the same, the imprints are of the same quality. the only thing that might be a tad bit cheaper is the buckle finish.. but that’s not the important part on this strap and definitely not worth the $80 difference

I’ve put the rubber on the yachtmaster
5f0f151a2b0d57e20c80f18f6fc8db5b.jpg

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
I received mine the other day and they are spot on. the rubber material has the softness to it that the gen and the $88 strap have. the holes and everything is exactly the same, the imprints are of the same quality. the only thing that might be a tad bit cheaper is the buckle finish.. but that’s not the important part on this strap and definitely not worth the $80 difference

I’ve put the rubber on the yachtmaster
5f0f151a2b0d57e20c80f18f6fc8db5b.jpg

Glad it worked out for you! Lovely YM! Been thinking about that exact one myself. Looks even better with that strap!

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Man I havd issues tagging people and and posting this pic. Thats just to show the lume on a gen. Its from IG, but looking at the crown I think it is gen.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
cCXPb.jpg

I got my 3 straps. The straps are soft and HQ, they are identical to the $88 straps except like you mentioned, the buckle. The buckle is cheaper and less detailed but at least it appears that the Omega is cast on instead of soldered like the $88 one so that the Omega can’t fall off like it did on one of mine. Just lesser quality buckle but like you said, not worth the difference.

The black would actually look great on the No Time To Die version.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...10904c4d8jOKhQ

Last edited:

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
I'm about to order the watch but not a big fan of the regular straps with buckle and looking for a rubber strap with a deployant clasp system like I have on my Breitlings. Any tips?

Are there good rep rubber straps and deployant clasps available?

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
tips?

I have seen pics of people fitting the Aqua Terra strap with deployant and it looks really good. I am also going thay route with my blue SMP

Reactions: P@t

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I'm about to order the watch but not a big fan of the regular straps with buckle and looking for a rubber strap with a deployant clasp system like I have on my Breitlings. Any tips?

I am a fan of Deployants also. There are options available, but none will be correct to the gen. To many here that sounds like blasphemy & they would have no part in it. Just like many gen owners switch some things up on a gen I don't mind doing it on a rep under the right circumstances. This is one of those cases where I think it is appropriate. The bracelet is nice, but if you want to wear it on rubber you have the choice of wearing it with the pin buckle or doing something that is not gen like.

Do you need/want the deployant to be branded with the Omega logo or is it ok if it is non-branded? If you are ok with a non branded one it opens it up to a lot more options.....

Reactions: Time_Wizard and P@t

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
I am a fan of Deployants also. There are options available, but none will be correct to the gen. To many here that sounds like blasphemy & they would have no part in it. Just like many gen owners switch some things up on a gen I don't mind doing it on a rep under the right circumstances. This is one of those cases where I think it is appropriate. The bracelet is nice, but if you want to wear it on rubber you have the choice of wearing it with the pin buckle or doing something that is not gen like.

Do you need/want the deployant to be branded with the Omega logo or is it ok if it is non-branded? If you are ok with a non branded one it opens it up to a lot more options.....

Ideally, I would like to have a branded deployant BUT the gen strap look (with the two thicker lines) and comfort (no hard, uncomfortable rubber) is more important to me.

The deployants that I see online are all small, not like the Breitling ones so no logo is ok.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Ideally, I would like to have a branded deployant BUT the gen strap look (with the two thicker lines) and comfort (no hard, uncomfortable rubber) is more important to me.

The deployants that I see online are all small, not like the Breitling ones so no logo is ok.

There are other deployants that Omega has for other models that might work, but if you are ok with a non branded one I recommend this one: www.mywatchmaker.net
& Here is what it looks like on my VSF 2018 Seamaster. I have tried just about all the various normal popular websites that carry straps and that carry deployants and this one is MUCH better. Yes, it is more expensive, but it actually works all the time. Lots of the other ones will randomly come undone or just not work well at all. The finishing on these are really nice. Overally excellent product, great customer service and quick response. Only downside is it is not branded, but in a way that is nice as you can use it for more than just one watch...
50289821868_6188846c23_b.jpg

50290499286_674975093a_b.jpg

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Nanook65 that actually looks pretty decent

Thanks, I like it....
I really like the deployant from this guy. I like to put a lot of my watches on leather for the winter. In the summer when it is hot outside and I am in the lake frequently it is 100% rubber or occasionally SS bracelet, but in the winter it is almost 100% leather. For a leather strap I think the deployant is WAY better than a standard pin buckle. I like it for the rubber too, but I guess it isn't as critical.

Reactions: jpchub

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Nice! I've got the same AT strap on my LMPO, I think it's the nicest rubber strap for omega's. I paid a whopping £19 on eBay for mine

well doesn't that look nice....
£19 for the strap or the strap & Clasp?

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
There are other deployants that Omega has for other models that might work, but if you are ok with a non branded one I recommend this one: www.mywatchmaker.net
& Here is what it looks like on my VSF 2018 Seamaster. I have tried just about all the various normal popular websites that carry straps and that carry deployants and this one is MUCH better. Yes, it is more expensive, but it actually works all the time. Lots of the other ones will randomly come undone or just not work well at all. The finishing on these are really nice. Overally excellent product, great customer service and quick response. Only downside is it is not branded, but in a way that is nice as you can use it for more than just one watch...

Looks nice indeed! Does this one fit on the 88 USD and Ali rubber straps? Or did you order a 'special' strap for it and if yes, where?