• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Sir Savien

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/1/19
Europe
Would be really appreciated if anyone can help daytonamania and me.
Could a new bezel spring solve the issue?

For the lose bezel problem:
I recieved mine today, and had the same issue. The bezel was really good centred, but it was verry wobbly and way to easy to move.
My solution: I took off the bezel with a knife (wraped with tape). It poped off quit easy. I manipulated the tension spring/wire, by benting it a bit more tightly. You have to be carefull, cause it doesn't need verry much. Then I used a glass press to put the bezel back on. You colud also use your thumbs, but you have to press verry hard.
It took me some attempts to get the action really good, but now it works great. :p

But I have another problem: I ordered mine with rubber strap and aditional bracelet. The rubber ist quit nice. I also had to try the bracelet and the endlinks fit verry lose. If i press them down, there is a gap between watch head and endlink. I used the spring bars of the rubber, maybe that is the problem? But there were no aditional bars for the bracelet. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Sir Savien

11/1/19
Europe
But I have another problem: I ordered mine with rubber strap and aditional bracelet. The rubber ist quit nice. I also had to try the bracelet and the endlinks fit verry lose. If i press them down, there is a gap between watch head and endlink. I used the spring bars of the rubber, maybe that is the problem? But there were no aditional bars for the bracelet. Any suggestions?

Just if someone else has the same issue: the rubber strap comes with 1.5 mm spring bars, the ss bracelet needs 1.7 or 1.8 mm. Maybe my TD forgot the aditional spring bars for the bracelet, don't know. I took some spare bars I had left und now the endlinks don't move at all and fit like they should.

Now I will give the ss bracelet a bath in baby oil, for 24 hrs to get all the dirt and dust from the production out of it. This did wonders to my arf sup bracelet. Lets see how it feels afterwards.

SweWatchz

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
3/5/20
On a stairway to heaven
Just if someone else has the same issue: the rubber strap comes with 1.5 mm spring bars, the ss bracelet needs 1.7 or 1.8 mm. Maybe my TD forgot the aditional spring bars for the bracelet, don't know. I took some spare bars I had left und now the endlinks don't move at all and fit like they should.

Now I will give the ss bracelet a bath in baby oil, for 24 hrs to get all the dirt and dust from the production out of it. This did wonders to my arf sup bracelet. Lets see how it feels afterwards.

Sweet, had same issue when fitting the SS bracelet. Will get new springs and try fit them instead.

And baby oil works? Ive been using WD-40 earlier, but baby oil sounds more fun :D

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Do you guys know if a gen bracelet with gen spring bars fits on vsf v2 without issues?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Sweet, had same issue when fitting the SS bracelet. Will get new springs and try fit them instead.

And baby oil works? Ive been using WD-40 earlier, but baby oil sounds more fun :D

I mean WD-40 is a cleaning agent, it's far better. But it isn't great for your skin... if you want to do it hardcore then you should WD-40 it... clean it, soak it, scrub it with the WD-40 make sure all the gunk is out. Then soap and water wash it, get all the oil out of it... and then baby-oil it. Then once baby oiled for a few days, leave it in paper towels to naturally dry out. That way the baby oil that's left over just helps as a lubricant and for feeling.

If you dont like baby oil smell, then just get mineral oil. They're the same thing.

SweWatchz

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
3/5/20
On a stairway to heaven
I mean WD-40 is a cleaning agent, it's far better. But it isn't great for your skin... if you want to do it hardcore then you should WD-40 it... clean it, soak it, scrub it with the WD-40 make sure all the gunk is out. Then soap and water wash it, get all the oil out of it... and then baby-oil it. Then once baby oiled for a few days, leave it in paper towels to naturally dry out. That way the baby oil that's left over just helps as a lubricant and for feeling.

If you dont like baby oil smell, then just get mineral oil. They're the same thing.

Sounds like a awesome combo. I like the smell from both WD-40 and babyoil. Will try this out for sure :D

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
The guy i employed to relume the dial fucked it up big time. Had a massive argument with him and no resolution. Watch is unwearable now as the workmanship was terrible. I'm gonna try requesting from my TD if he can get me just a replacement dial from VSF. If not i'm gonna start sourcing a gen one which will be much harder.

Chewwy00

26/10/19
Hi everyone.

I have the blue one v2 and i love it. My only regret ( and I see it every time I look at her) is the yellowish markers that aren't crisp white. Anyone got a proper relume done yet? Any feedback? Pictures?

Thanks

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
Could you post a photo of vsf bezel assembly?

Better late than never!

By the way, that’s already been fixed by my local watchmaker, I have no idea what parts as a replacement (from what specific watch).

He put both click spring and the wire thingy below the insert new. Now the bezel has no play and is tighter than ever

Reactions: Time_Wizard

madmancloak

Certified
10/10/16
Australia
Just picked one up in m2m. Really nice watch but one curious aspect I have just noticed on mine is that there are no serial engravings on the lugs..... Is this not a vsf v2? Hoping someone more knowledgeable than I can way in.

VaeA9T.jpg

VaeBqR.jpg

Vae5vZ.jpg

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Better late than never!

By the way, that’s already been fixed by my local watchmaker, I have no idea what parts as a replacement (from what specific watch).

He put both click spring and the wire thingy below the insert new. Now the bezel has no play and is tighter than ever

Thanks for the info. Will tell my WM about it.