• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
I should say I already have a blue dial smp 2541 and in a weird way I would feel like I’m cheating on it to buy the newer model!! Ha ha.

Think I’m going to order both and flip the I’be that doesn’t suit me best. Great idea. Thanks for the advice gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jpchub

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
I should say I already have a blue dial smp 2541 and in a weird way I would feel like I’m cheating on it to buy the newer model!! Ha ha.

Think I’m going to order both and flip the I’be that doesn’t suit me best. Great idea. Thanks for the advice gents.

No plans om selling the SMP? Pictures? Post them here please i love the SMP 2541 Quartz!

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden

No plans om selling the SMP? Pictures? Post them here please i love the SMP 2541 Quartz!

Time bandit

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/1/17
Uk
Does anyone know how the rear caseback comes off?
I know it's a stupid question , I want to aline my 300m 007 rear caseback decorated glass , I pressume unscrews .?
I don't want to mark it

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I know it's a stupid question , I want to aline my 300m 007 rear caseback decorated glass , I pressume unscrews .?
I don't want to mark it

It unscrews. A sticky ball may work. It usually does, but if it is too tight then you might have trouble. It has been asked before, but I have never seen anyone say they have a case back opener that works for the strange scallop shape. Other than the sticky ball, I'm not sure...

Reactions: Time bandit

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK

The SMP is a keeper. The 2541 was my first real watch and the one that started it off. This one (not my original - so many flipped regrets!!) has just been cleaned, brushed and polished and will be boxed away for a while to preserve it a little longer.

So hence my plan now is for the vsf Seamaster diver to go in its place in the daily wear rotation with my gen Rolex no date sub.

4fe4df4aefeecf20d39f9835b3b873d5.jpg

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
I don't want to mark it

Squash ball may do it? I’ve had a gen rolex caseback off with half a squash ball and nothing else except a small dose of determination and motivation!

Reactions: Lfaustino2

Time bandit

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/1/17
Uk
Squash ball may do it? I’ve had a gen rolex caseback off with half a squash ball and nothing else except a small dose of determination and motivation!

Thanks guys , it's the 50th anniversary 007 and image isn't centred , I'll try a sticky ball , squash ball , the hopefully align bonds family crest then replace it
Cheers chaps,

Reactions: Nashiey

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
8vz7J.md.jpg

My sedna gold seamaster on a zulu diver 306 strap is a great rep. The only thing that bothers me on these VSF reps is that the Omega font and logo on the dial is a little too thin?? The gens always look slightly bolder imo. The dot markings on the sedna are much whiter in daylight than my SS version. Still not perfect but pretty close to gen.

Last edited:

chocman02

8/12/19
Hi,

Looking at getting the amazing polar white variant with the blackened hands (already have a date sub and pam111 for a black divers. Im also looking for something blue if anyone has suggestions. Aqua terra on rubber if they ever do the dark blue without the light blue accents maybe...im digressing).

Last time i looked a few months ago there were greenish lume issues with the white models. Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved on the new stock?

Thanks!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Not much love for the white one? I thought that was almost a super rep?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Not much love for the white one? I thought that was almost a super rep?

Don't let that stop you from getting one.

I personally think that the yellowish lume is the most obvious on the white version. Because that dial is WHITE white. Lume not so much. I'm really baffled by the fact that they could do snowy white lume on the titanium ceramic version just fine, but can't pull it off on the regular SMP. That's beyond me. But I guess that's the game. They'll fix the lume on the V3 and f#&k up something else,so people will cry about the good ol' times, when their only concern was lume ;)

peterpl

24/7/11
Don't let that stop you from getting one.

I personally think that the yellowish lume is the most obvious on the white version. Because that dial is WHITE white. Lume not so much. I'm really baffled by the fact that they could do snowy white lume on the titanium ceramic version just fine, but can't pull it off on the regular SMP. That's beyond me. But I guess that's the game. They'll fix the lume on the V3 and f#&k up something else,so people will cry about the good ol' times, when their only concern was lume ;)

Thanks for the reply bud. Ah so its the lume that is putting ppl off it. I personally think it looks decent enough for me :)

Still tossing up between the white and blue but to be honest I've got so many blue watches time for a change me thinks

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Yeah, the lume. I have the black one and it's not so very obvious, unless you hold it side by side with a gen. I'd just get one, see how I like it and flip it in case I don't. I do it all the time, trial and error, there's no other way ;) It's a bit costly method, because triangle shipping is between 50 and 65$, but it's the only way to find out.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
The lume is not as white as gen, but it's not all that yellow. It looks very white compared to the lume on Spectre.

Reactions: wonkycrown

wonkycrown

26/3/19
The lume is not as white as gen, but it's not all that yellow. It looks very white compared to the lume on Spectre.
IMG-20200410-235911.jpg

Is the lume on the gen spectre a snow white? I have never seen one in the flesh.

Last edited: