• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I just received my watch! I got a quick question if anyone can answer? I noticed if I listen really closely to the watch, you can hear the watch “ticking” pretty loud. Does the genuine watches also tick like this? I remember hearing a while ago that you can spot a fake Rolex by the sound of the ticking, not sure if the same rule applies to the omegas.

I don't think I have ever had a watch that didn't tick. I guess a digital watch isn't going to tick, but all mechanical watches and even all quartz watches are going to tick. Who ever said that about the sound of a Rolex doesn't know anything about watches. Some watches will beat faster and others will beat slower, but that is just because of the beat rate. They all beat or they wouldn't keep time.

There is a whole area of the forum dedicated to new members and FAQ etc. If you have a question like this, then I am sure there are many other questions that have been asked and answered in this FAQ section that would be helpful to you. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I my case, my Pelagos, LMPO and Superocean ticks really quiet. Can almost not hear them. My SMP is loud, much louder than the others. I figured that ks what he is referring to maybe

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
I just received my watch! I got a quick question if anyone can answer? I noticed if I listen really closely to the watch, you can hear the watch “ticking” pretty loud. Does the genuine watches also tick like this? I remember hearing a while ago that you can spot a fake Rolex by the sound of the ticking, not sure if the same rule applies to the omegas.

Depends on how you define "loud", but yes, the gen can be loud too. If you got the vsf 300m, it feels and sounds the same way as gen.

On the other hand, both the gen Seamaster and Speedmaster are louder than a rep sh3135 submariner

spohh

Horology Curious
23/12/19
I my case, my Pelagos, LMPO and Superocean ticks really quiet. Can almost not hear them. My SMP is loud, much louder than the others. I figured that ks what he is referring to maybe

Yeah this is what I meant! I figured it’s normal but I searched a bit and didn’t find much that’s why I asked. I know Rolex watches don’t tick as loud, I remember my brother having a Rolex and a lot of people would put it to their ear to hear the sound to see if it’s fake, heard that they are a lot quieter when ticking. But all in all, amazing replica watch!

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
spohh im convinced its because of the glass caseback. Their just not as sound proof. Of course I cant check for sure as I dont have other watches with glass case back. Maybe of someone else can check and update?

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
spohh im convinced its because of the glass caseback. Their just not as sound proof. Of course I cant check for sure as I dont have other watches with glass case back. Maybe of someone else can check and update?

Just checked the 300m and an automatic seiko srpd57 with a glass caseback. The seiko is absolutely silent, the 300m - you can hear sth. But again, this is not really "ticking" - it is just a sound of an automatic watch

Reactions: jpchub

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
I don't think I have ever had a watch that didn't tick. I guess a digital watch isn't going to tick, but all mechanical watches and even all quartz watches are going to tick.

Unrelated side note, I just held my spring drive watch to my ear and I can't hear it ticking, though it's a tuna dive watch so maybe I just can't hear the movement through the thick case.

Not trying to detract from your point at all, you just got me thinking if spring drives can tick, since the movement construction is quite different.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Time really flies...
The watch still looks disgusting, with that horrible piss yellow lume :p

That's super rep level to me.

Cheers

It sure does :) I can't remember the last time a watch has managed to keep my attention for a year.. It must be that yellow lume, I have no other explanation ;)

Reactions: Mille M

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Ok guys so I’m torn between whether to get the grey dial or the black. I’ve never agonised so much over a decision!!

from looking at every picture posted!! (Cheers Therion666)!

I can’t help thinking the engraved waves on the black dial stand out a bit much? Maybe like they appear too thick? How close is it to the look of the gen.

I know the grey has ever so slightly wider laser waves than the gen but this doesn’t seem to show as much on the images.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
The black one changes appearance in different light conditions and I like each and every one of them. The dial is exactly as same as gen, waves are not too thick and they don't stand out at all. The black one is the most versatile of them all. I personally don't like the grey one at all, it looks like a toy compared to the black. Maybe not a toy, more youthful perhaps. I think I'd get bored with it within a week. There's no way that can happen with the black one and its chameleon character. This is not a criticism of anyone's taste, it's a matter of personal preference. I can't stress that enough, I keep forgetting that it's 2020 and that men can get more emotional than they used to ( that's not adressed at you matt2302, you seem like a cool guy).

IMG-20190409-180020.jpg

IMG-20190406-075037.jpg

IMG-20191224-151805.jpg

IMG-20191212-125515.jpg

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
The black one changes appearance in different light conditions and I like each and every one of them. The dial is exactly as same as gen, waves are not too thick and they don't stand out at all. The black one is the most versatile of them all. I personally don't like the grey one at all, it looks like a toy compared to the black. Maybe not a toy, more youthful perhaps. I think I'd get bored with it within a week. There's no way that can happen with the black one and its chameleon character. This is not a criticism of anyone's taste, it's a matter of personal preference. I can't stress that enough, I keep forgetting that it's 2020 and that men can get more emotional than they used to ( that's not adressed at you matt2302, you seem like a cool guy).

IMG-20190409-180020.jpg

IMG-20190406-075037.jpg

IMG-20191224-151805.jpg

IMG-20191212-125515.jpg

Got to say [mention]Therion666 [/mention] your images look amazing and it’s clear you’re passionate about how really amazing this rep is. I have the black no date sub gen so that’s why I’m leaning towards the grey as I don’t think I have room for another glossy black diver. Totally get what you mean about the ‘toy’ image though and that’s what worried me about the reps as traditionally they looked more ‘toyish’ than gens (im thinking nack to circa 2005/6 and the cheap bad old reps of the 2531 etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Got to say [mention]Therion666 [/mention] your images look amazing and it’s clear you’re passionate about how really amazing this rep is. I have the black no date sub gen so that’s why I’m leaning towards the grey as I don’t think I have room for another glossy black diver. Totally get what you mean about the ‘toy’ image though and that’s what worried me about the reps as traditionally they looked more ‘toyish’ than gens (im thinking nack to circa 2005/6 and the cheap bad old reps of the 2531 etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8BHzo.jpg

Personal preference but the grey also does magical things in different lighting. Looks even better on the bracelet. I have both, the black is stunning as well. Funny thing though, the grey gets more compliments than the black when on bracelet. Yeah I have too many black face divers too. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
8BHzo.jpg

Personal preference but the grey also does magical things in different lighting. Looks even better on the bracelet. I have both, the black is stunning as well. Funny thing though, the grey gets more compliments than the black when on bracelet. Yeah I have too many black face divers too. Just my $0.02.

Wow. You know these amazing pictures of each colour isn’t helping! But....That one could have just done it for me.

Looks like I’ll get both or maybe even opt for grey and maybe have a look at the no time to die v3 whenever that comes good. Either way it Looks like Sead is getting an email today!

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Lagunax The grey one sure does look tempting in your pic :)

matt2302 I think it's better to go grey with this watch, since you already own a sub. But you have to know that the SMP takes the term glossy to another level. I've never seen such a reflective dial before, it's almost like a mirror. Well, maybe on the LMPO, but I find the SMP even more attractive. It's best to take both, save a bit on shipping and flip the one you like less ( you will like both, trust me ;)).

Last edited: