• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Unfortunately the case shape is very off you would need CF case but then again put a gen crystal on CF as rest is better on CF anyway.

Its' one of those things again once you see it it can't be unseen.

They trimmed it too much looks too straight, slim and not rounded.

Do you mean that the shape of the midcase is off? Do you have any visual depiction to share?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Do you mean that the shape of the midcase is off? Do you have any visual depiction to share?

Take two front looking pics of gen and VSF than look at the case shape on bezel markers 50, 10 and 40, 20. Look when case hits those markers on both on VSF its too early. Then you’ll start to see how the VSF is like trimmed down too much and not rounded enough case is narrower and the curvature is wrong too straight. You’ll also see that bezel extends over the case where the CGs begin on VSF because of that.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The case shape is not very off - remember Kalev is the original ZZF fanboy.

When viewed orthographically, the case to bezel shape/alignment of the VSF is fractionally off - by less than 1 bezel scallop.

The CF is marginally better in this respect, however, the CF crown guard shape is considerably worse which is a bigger issue IMO.

This pic shows Gen, VSF and CF - note the case and CG outlines.

I'd still take the VSF any and every day over the CF.

all-3.jpg

Remember literally no one, ever will see your watch like this - not even you, unless you are some kind of pervert, or ballin on instagram.

Last edited:

Flock

7/3/16

When viewed orthographically, the case to bezel shape/alignment of the VSF is fractionally off - by less than 1 bezel scallop.

The CF is marginally better in this respect, however, the CF crown guard shape is considerably worse which is a bigger issue IMO.

all-3.jpg

Remember literally no one, ever will see your watch like this - not even you, unless you are some kind of pervert, or ballin on instagram.

But Kalev said: “the rest is better in CF anyway”
The rest is… a lot of things.
What Kalev is saying is VSF has a better crystal, but CF has a better case, better CGs, better crown, a better bezel, a better insert, a better dial, better hands, a better DW, better SELs, better bracelet, better clasp… and better movement.

This seems a little strong statement, to put it nicely

iPhone Tapatalk

Reactions: Uhr70

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Yeah, but that's just Kalev for you - it's all OK. We don't want him to change.

Except when he used to photobomb every single thread with a ZZF sub. He doesn't do that anymore.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

all-3.jpg

Great comparision, well done.

While the VSF lug may cover one less scallop, is the shape of the VSF lug is closer to gen? The CF lug is a little too fat? (marked below).

jC8RCY.jpg

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
AFAIK, there is no difference at all.

iPhone Tapatalk

I'm sure the hands on my post raid are much better than the pre raid I replaced it with.. were VSF hands ever this good before? They are certainly much better then the hands in my (early) 116's which were a bit flat and rough edged but these hands are very gen like (this is a post raid VSF126 arrived 2 weeks ago).

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20

all-3.jpg

Thanks for explaining and the great comparison. I just got my 126610 and it is just fantastic. This doesn't bother me!

Last edited:

Flock

7/3/16
I'm sure the hands on my post raid are much better than the pre raid I replaced it with.. were VSF hands ever this good before? They are certainly much better then the hands in my (early) 116's which were a bit flat and rough edged but these hands are very gen like (this is a post raid VSF126 arrived 2 weeks ago).

Sorry mate. My bad.
I had already seen this photo from your watch on some other thread and I completely forgot this “little” detail :)

iPhone Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Great comparision, well done.

While the VSF lug may cover one less scallop, is the shape of the VSF lug is closer to gen? The CF lug is a little too fat? (marked below).

You may be right - it could be just that the camera was a little closer for that shot.

IMO, the VSF does come out ahead, and not only just - it has a better movement, its built better and has a better crystal. The middle of the SEL is a shame, but as you know CF shit the bed with that on the 1204060, so I’d be wondering if that will affect both models over time.

Reactions: Uhr70

mrkawasaki

Known Member
27/1/21
Hi to all.
I Have received My VSF.
I have One question if Is possIble.
It Is normal for vsf to have First and last Number of rehaut disallined. There are also a version of VSF correcty allined?
thanks ti all.

[...]

The serial number characters are not supposed to align.

Richarris

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/2/21
Hi Folks.
Just in case it helps someone else - I had a bezel that had some vertical play in it. I put up with it for a while but then over time it got worse until I was able to remove the bezel with my fingers, which obviously isn't right. After posting on here a replacement hytrel ring was suggested. I ordered one of these BEZEL GASKET FOR ROLEX SUBMARINER 116610, 116613 AND OTHERS | eBay - I've just swapped it over and it is a perfect fit and I now have a (correctly) stiffer bezel action with no play at all. Really was not expecting it to work that well.

Also, if you do remove the bezel for god's sake be careful you don't lose any of the spring loaded balls at each corner! Take it apart inside a plastic bag...

ladygeek

1/12/21
Hi Folks.
Just in case it helps someone else - I had a bezel that had some vertical play in it. I put up with it for a while but then over time it got worse until I was able to remove the bezel with my fingers, which obviously isn't right. After posting on here a replacement hytrel ring was suggested. I ordered one of these BEZEL GASKET FOR ROLEX SUBMARINER 116610, 116613 AND OTHERS | eBay - I've just swapped it over and it is a perfect fit and I now have a (correctly) stiffer bezel action with no play at all. Really was not expecting it to work that well.

Also, if you do remove the bezel for god's sake be careful you don't lose any of the spring loaded balls at each corner! Take it apart inside a plastic bag...

Thank you for sharing this good info.

Jacobs89

16/2/19
Hi Folks.

This is what I did as well, but unfortunately my lack of luck I’ve lost 1 click spring. If any one have It for sale
or can source I will be appreciate and buy it straight away.