• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Are there VSF’s with 2R5 serials and 1LQ clasp code or are these JVS/Clean/whatever ?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
last month some TDs tried to sell fake clean watches as “clean” subs and gmts.. those TDs have posted on Reddit that they sent QC of fake cleans without actually knowing that they are fake… and that they got the watches from the same supplier…

i have placed my vsf order with one of them rather lately but before the incident of fake clean thing. The order has been delayed for a very long time till they managed to source one after me nagging on their heads!

while im pretty sure its not fake (the one i got); there is no harm to check with other kind people here on this forum.. Reassurance is always nice.

I see. Didn’t know that. Out of curiosity were the mentioned dealers RWI TDs or just Reddit TDs?

Sent from the RWI App

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
What's the actual current market price of this watch now?

I know on the forum it's limited to whatevr it costs, profiteering is not allowed, but in the real world it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

Personally, I don't see any watches that match or are better quality on the high st. some costing £2/3K or more.

I think you'd really need to buy a gen Sub, ironically, it's the only thing that comes close (approaching from the opposite direction of course, the expensive way.

Last edited:

iang27

4/12/15
UK
I couldn’t help myself so removed the back. It does look as though it is a VSF with the correct movement.

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
I couldn’t help myself so removed the back. It does look as though it is a VSF with the correct movement.

Yep. Unfortunately this is going to have to be standard practice to determine if you’re really getting the VS3235 movement.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a legit VS 126610 yet!

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
Certified
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet

That is a positive on the VS3235 movement.

Another way you can do a quick check to better your chances of a VSF over JVS right now is to take a look at the coronet at 12.

VSF has a wider circle at the base of the coronet

JVS has a obviously smaller circle at the base of the coronet

I don't have the photos on hand right now, but just do a quick search side by side and you'll be able to tell the Diff.

JVS looks like it's pouting lol

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21

Another way you can do a quick check to better your chances of a VSF over JVS right now is to take a look at the coronet at 12.

I don't have the photos on hand right now, but just do a quick search side by side and you'll be able to tell the Diff.

here you go, this post on reddit show pics of the coronet.. as u described the vsf crown hole is wider/larger

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21

here you go, this post on reddit show pics of the coronet.. as u described the vsf crown hole is wider/larger
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/co...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
Certified
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Yeah that's shows it really well. The Cyclops and the CG are also another tell.

Basically do buy and do 2x 3x the due diligence as compared to the past.

And the same old saying goes: buy the dealer not the watch :)

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
Certified
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Not really sir, even tho dealers are releasing more noobs than VSFs these days as suppliers are releasing leftover stocks in batches - VSF prices off "retail" have not risen over 15%-20% in prices. This is due to the fact that even without VS3135 and VS3235, there are many other alternatives albeit lower quality movements.

It's different when you compare to noob daytona who has risen at least 30%-40% in prices from dealers due to the fact that nobody else have the 4130 movement despite stocks being available here and there these days.

Of course let's not talk m2m on RWI as it's a completely seperate story altogether with the rules set here not allowing market prices to be determined by the nature of supply and demand.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer and Tete

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
Certified
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Not really sir, even tho dealers are releasing more noobs than VSFs these days as suppliers are releasing leftover stocks in batches - VSF prices off "retail" have not risen over 15%-20% in prices. This is due to the fact that even without VS3135 and VS3235, there are many other alternatives albeit lower quality movements.

It's different when you compare to noob daytona who has risen at least 30%-40% in prices from dealers due to the fact that nobody else have the 4130 movement despite stocks being available here and there these days.

Of course let's not talk m2m on RWI as it's a completely seperate story altogether with the rules set here not allowing market prices to be determined daytona the nature of supply and demand.

mrkawasaki

Known Member
27/1/21
Have you guys tested the power reserve of this watch? I've read that some ppl are getting the full 72h.
I've tested mine twice, the first time, months ago, I got 67 hours. Few days ago I got 65h.

I'm not complaining, it's plenty more than enough of power reserve. Just wondering if that might indicate some problem or if it's common.

I might do another test and make sure that it's fully wound this time.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
13/3/16
Have you guys tested the power reserve of this watch? I've read that some ppl are getting the full 72h.
I've tested mine twice, the first time, months ago, I got 67 hours. Few days ago I got 65h.
I'm not complaining, it's plenty more than enough of power reserve. Just wondering if that might indicate some problem or if it's common.
I might do another test and make sure that it's fully wound this time.

Before adding gen parts to the movement I was getting 65hrs run time. After adding gen balance, bridge, escape wheel, pallet fork, mainspring & barrel, and auto wind module I got 71.5 hours runtime in a test last week, with consistent timekeeping throughout. This is my last timegrapher reading. Amplitude drop as expected but solid timekeeping until the very end.
The addition of gen movement parts (and servicing the movement) certainly contributed to the extended runtime.
*The auto wind system had nothing to do with the runtime as it was hand wound.

j9tE9p.jpg