• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia

This is already genlike on the wrist - even the crescent sunburst effect is gone and the typical minor alignment squabbles have been addressed - coronet on dial, triangle, crown on rehaut and lume pip all line up. The Rs on the left and the Xs on the right side of the dial hit the indices correctly. SEL is perfectly tight front-on but with a recess when viewed from an angle. Bracelet is perfectly smooth and feels the same as my gen 116710LN.

I will be going all out and installing gen crystal, hands, dw, crown and tube anyway - game over for collecting Rolex rep. Near perfect Hulk achieved :D

berrypony108

Horology Curious
6/11/20
I just received mine a few days ago. Thankyou Andrew at TrustyTime and ModernClassic for your stellar review!The watch definitely lives up to its reputation.
I do have one question though which no one has addressed. That is timekeeping.
I would like to know from other guys who bought the VSF how accurate there watch has been. The photos sent to me prior to shipment showed about +5 seconds a day. In reality it’s been running between +20/+30 seconds a day. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
Thanks guys.
PS pics to follow in a few days. Once I peal it off my wrist ????

e5c8579161d6b233ee2409336e38e2ad.jpg
e3ed3c18351691210bb1e9867ce94771.jpg
b5122045a7c3ab8929ad2c1d57a67066.jpg
b4df43f238f93c7f23d2ebfb36c5c183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ecender

berrypony108

Horology Curious
6/11/20
I just received mine a few days ago. Thankyou Andrew at TrustyTime and ModernClassic for your stellar review!The watch definitely lives up to its reputation.
I would like to know from other guys who bought the VSF how accurate there watch has been. The photos sent to me prior to shipment showed about +5 seconds a day. In reality it’s been running between +20/+30 seconds a day. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
Thanks guys.
PS pics to follow in a few days. Once I peal it off my wrist ????

berrypony108

Horology Curious
6/11/20
Thanks guys.
PS pics to follow in a few days. Once I peal it off my wrist.

berrypony108

Horology Curious
6/11/20
Sorry guys message kept failing so I kept resending. They all went through.lol

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
Having examined them both hand in hand, you are indeed correct. The VSF rehaut is more cone/wok like than the genuine. There is a difference, well spotted. It's subtle but it's there.

Ok thanks!
This has been an issue since I got into this back in 2007. Although back then it was really woky. Seems it's still a problem. My ZZF v3 I think also suffers from the same issue. But like you said, it's subtle.
Not sure why they can't get this right?

Wolex

7/2/20
I bought the VSF with the plan to move the gen parts from my ARF franken over.

Im not really sure there’s any point, maybe the crown.

I’ve looked at the xtal and datewheel in all sorts of lighting and the difference is so small. I may do it just because I have them but no way is it worth the £500 the mod costs.

Looks very similar the two but keep us posted on how you go.

membrelli

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
I hope that VS realize a good version of faboulous blue TT. It would be now, for years, that rep-collectors have been waiting for this.
ZIoW6S.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Copterguy

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
I hope that VS realize a good version of faboulous blue TT. It would be now, for years, that rep-collectors have been waiting for this.
ZIoW6S.jpg

My understanding is it’s on the roster. Maybe we can get confirmation from [mention]trustytime [/mention] ?

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Ok thanks!
This has been an issue since I got into this back in 2007. Although back then it was really woky. Seems it's still a problem. My ZZF v3 I think also suffers from the same issue. But like you said, it's subtle.
Not sure why they can't get this right?

It's very subtle, consider that after playing with both hand in hand and taking lots of pictures and with the all the eagle eyes of the guys on this forum, we did not notice it. The difference is very minor but I cannot deny it's there, but it would maybe be fair to say the difference in rehaut angle is within an acceptable tolerance.

Reactions: stufuse

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Anyone using Gen bezel + retaining ring on their VSF case? Does it fit?

And anyone using just Gen Insert on VSF bezel?

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
15d14fc04bcc22df93db7f30a5e569c8.jpg

VSF with gen xtal

Very nice! I also have gen xtal and gen datewheel. Waiting for my gen hands to arrive.

My SEL have also become more recessed from wearing it everyday. If you don't look at the R on the rehaut, it's indistinguishable from gen.

membrelli

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
My understanding is it’s on the roster. Maybe we can get confirmation from [mention]trustytime [/mention] ?

You're telling me that this watch is already in the project of VSF ? That is great news! :D:D Where could I find info about it? Thank you