• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

Gmc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/20
Spain
Great review. Thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I bought the VSF with the plan to move the gen parts from my ARF franken over.

Im not really sure there’s any point, maybe the crown.

I’ve looked at the xtal and datewheel in all sorts of lighting and the difference is so small. I may do it just because I have them but no way is it worth the £500 the mod costs.

Reactions: LaraA and leo6929

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I bought the VSF with the plan to move the gen parts from my ARF franken over.

Im not really sure there’s any point, maybe the crown.

I’ve looked at the xtal and datewheel in all sorts of lighting and the difference is so small. I may do it just because I have them but no way is it worth the £500 the mod costs.

Now this is what i'm talking about.

I can't believe there are people who think that the crystal is not important in a OOTB rep, if the VSF is this close then there is no reason to mod it, or at least, it's not worth the price as you said.

I can't believe that in Puretime's review they are taking into consideration the lugs engravings, in order to determine which is the best sub, but they aren't considering the crystal at all, this is bullshit.

What if ARF has better (useless) engravings and so it gets a higher score than VSF, only because VSF's crystal isn't being considered?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Now this is what i'm talking about.

I can't believe there are people who think that the crystal is not important in a OOTB rep, if the VSF is this close then there is no reason to mod it, or at least, it's not worth the price as you said.

I can't believe that in Puretime's review they are taking into consideration the lugs engravings, in order to determine which is the best sub, but they aren't considering the crystal at all, this is bullshit.

What if ARF has better (useless) engravings and so it gets a higher score than VSF, only because VSF's crystal isn't being considered?

I couldn’t agree more, I’ve always installed Genuine crystal and datewheel on my sub reps. Your eyes are drawn to the cyclops and reps used to fall so far short. I can’t comment on the other new sub offerings but honestly the VSF is so so close, black hole, clarity, blue tint, halo effect are all there.

The VSF magnification on mine is slightly greater than gen but you can only notice by looking closely at them next to each other.

The font on the datewheel is beautiful, even under a loupe it is raised, glossy and crisp.

The VSF isn’t a perfect rep as there is no such thing but it’s very very good. Mine has its little quirks that reminds you it’s a rep but it’s £335 well spent.

I can’t wait for their other Rolex Sports models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Perversely, the only advantage the ARF Sub had over some of the competition was it’s build quality. Something which can’t be seen in pics / that poll. Owning both ARF and VSF I can honestly say that the VSF is better in every meaningful way. And I don’t mean a little bit - it’s a lot better.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Perversely, the only advantage the ARF Sub had over some of the competition was it’s build quality. Something which can’t be seen in pics / that poll. Owning both ARF and VSF I can honestly say that the VSF is better in every meaningful way. And I don’t mean a little bit - it’s a lot better.

Couldn't agree more, as you said you can't see the fit and build quality on a watch, you have to hold it in your hand, so it's not a tell unless you give it to someone to hold. On the other hand you can spot a crystal from the other side of the room lol

Hopefully Angus isn't covering too much for n̶g̶u̶s̶ Replica Factory lmao

Last edited:

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
ARF hands are better, the VSF however look much better in real life than in some photos.

I’d also say my ARF bracelet and clasp are better but I paid to have them refinished so that’s not really a fair comparison.

The build quality of my VSF is very good but the bezel is not quite seated correctly. This is probably an isolated issue with mine, maybe the watchsmith had been out on the beers the night before. No hard feelings though we all make mistakes.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
What’s the opinion of owners.. is the VSF 116610LN not worth buying in genuine, or NWBIG?

I don’t believe in the term NWBIG as there are so many reasons to buy a Gen watch you love.

I do however believe all your hype, it is an incredible rep for the money. Thanks for your reviews it’s what made me buy one and I’m happy I did.

kluzik1

Known Member
14/3/18
ARF hands are better, the VSF however look much better in real life than in some photos.

I’d also say my ARF bracelet and clasp are better but I paid to have them refinished so that’s not really a fair comparison.

The build quality of my VSF is very good but the bezel is not quite seated correctly. This is probably an isolated issue with mine, maybe the watchsmith had been out on the beers the night before. No hard feelings though we all make mistakes.

That's the issue with mine as well . Top side of the bezel is not sitting tight but I think watchsmith can sort out quickly

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
What’s the opinion of owners.. is the VSF 116610LN not worth buying in genuine, or NWBIG?

Still waiting on VSF LN and Smurf to arrive. I believe the Smurf is on the ship on the right and the LN is in the ship on the left.

The slow boat from China race continues

Wolex

7/2/20
Date wheel looks so close. No way one can tell with naked eyes... are all the numbers good though?