• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Date wheel looks so close. No way one can tell with naked eyes... are all the numbers good though?

All look spot on to me, it’s just the crispness of the print that differs but as I said only visible with a loupe.

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Anyone know if there are differences in batch versions that were released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
VSF Date Wheel VS Genuine

Font looks identical to me, genuine is slightly crisper but only just, difference can only be seen with a loupe.

That’s much better than the early vsf LN I had, its was poor print like this but more bleed making it bolder.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I don’t believe in the term NWBIG as there are so many reasons to buy a Gen watch you love.

Oh I'd totally agree with that But the NWBIG list serves a purpose. I wanted YM, so I chose the one that was on the NWBIG list (it was a Noob). However, it was a decent enough rep but not as good a rep as this VSF is of the Sub.

Thanks for adding some detailed close ups, very impressive. I have noticed that my VSF has serif's on the date font but my genuine Sub from 2018 does not have serif's (Rolex keep making little changes). I note that your genuine watch has serif's, can you advise what year that is?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
It’s not a genuine watch just has some genuine parts so no idea how old the date wheel is.

It’s a good thing for reps I guess that Rolex change things up so much, it means any little “flaw” on a rep could just be put down to gen variation.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Sorry the stickers are still on, they are not coming off for the time being.

I'm certainly enjoying filling this new box up! There's a couple of genuine watches in there and some reps.

ZoxVni.jpg

I'll add some more comparison pics tomorrow.. feel free to ask for requests if you wish to see something in particular compared.

Which Yatchie is that if I may ask?
EDIT: Nevermind it has already been answered.

Last edited:

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
So we went from building frankens spending 1-2 grand to spending less than $450 bucks lol !
Only took 10 years?

There will always be a better one coming, you can't wait forever, the time is now. If it is a franken that you sunk 1-2 grands into it, keep it.
If it is an earlier rep, give it to your nephew hoping he won't try to sell it on eBay.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
It’s not a genuine watch just has some genuine parts so no idea how old the date wheel is.

It’s a good thing for reps I guess that Rolex change things up so much, it means any little “flaw” on a rep could just be put down to gen variation.

I always say this!

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Still waiting on VSF LN and Smurf to arrive. I believe the Smurf is on the ship on the right and the LN is in the ship on the left.

The slow boat from China race continues

after many days of no change in status I’m happy to say the boats have landed and the next leg of this journey begins

Reactions: MolluskMan and Tete

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
That’s actually an ARF 37mm YM, I got for my wife. I sold the 40mm Noob NWBIG, YM just wasn’t for me.

Nice, I was eyeing that ARF 37mm YM, ended up spending it on something else, hoping one day VSF would release their own.

arter97

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/16
Can someone confirm that VSF really used 904L steel for the case and bracelet?
I know ZF and ARF are using it, but I am not sure about VSF.

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
Can someone confirm that VSF really used 904L steel for the case and bracelet?
I know ZF and ARF are using it, but I am not sure about VSF.

In this thread Puretime tests them all and seems to say that VSF is one of the factories using 904L for everything except clasp, which is 316L. (They never conclusively released results for each but they indicated that only one watch was using all 316L and it wasn’t VSF, while only ARF and ZF were all 904L, with the rest being hybrids)

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...we-tested-all-the-popular-SUBs-for-904L-steel

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
Sorry the stickers are still on, they are not coming off for the time being.

I'm certainly enjoying filling this new box up! There's a couple of genuine watches in there and some reps.

I'll add some more comparison pics tomorrow.. feel free to ask for requests if you wish to see something in particular compared.[/QUOTE]

Question for you if you don't mind looking/comparing again.

Is the angle of the rehaut different? It seems the gen is more steep whereas the rep is more angled/cone like.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Question for you if you don't mind looking/comparing again.

Is the angle of the rehaut different? It seems the gen is more steep whereas the rep is more angled/cone like.

Having examined them both hand in hand, you are indeed correct. The VSF rehaut is more cone/wok like than the genuine. There is a difference, well spotted. It's subtle but it's there.

Last edited:

Pizzo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/19
Having examined them both hand in hand, you are indeed correct. The VSF rehaut is more cone/wok like than the genuine. There is a difference, well spotted. It's subtle but it's there.

bad news. mine is traveling. shouldn't this difference change the proportions of the case? thanks for all the valuable information