• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Viet Gen-Spec 16710 Frankens are here to stay - byebye BP!

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Caseback is different from sub, here are comparison pictures with ZZF 116610 caseback (with sticker). The build will end up 12.40mm when you use 2.7mm gasket.

Here is a pic of my 16710 using this case. All gen, except midcase, caseback and insert.
Just bought this case on ebay. Didn't know the seller was on the forums.

Anyhow, planning on putting a gen dial, gen coke insert, gen bezel, gen retainer ring, gen click spring, gen xtal, gen crown, gen tube, gen hands, gen DW with vr3186, and gen caseback.

Really hoping that the case is quality and doesn't require any reshaping of the lugs or cgs.

fatboy637

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/22
Just bought this case on ebay. Didn't know the seller was on the forums.

Anyhow, planning on putting a gen dial, gen coke insert, gen bezel, gen retainer ring, gen click spring, gen xtal, gen crown, gen tube, gen hands, gen DW with vr3186, and gen caseback.

Really hoping that the case is quality and doesn't require any reshaping of the lugs or cgs.
Where did you get the gen bezel? any sources other than tswisst and ebay?

Reactions: mp1mancini

relentless-pinguine

Known Member
Patron
Certified
18/2/20
Scandinavia
I read through the whole thread now, and it has been mantioned a couple of times - how to fit a gen insert on vn case. One said it was too small, another said too big, and that he just pressed it against a wooden table.

My insert is too big, have tried pressing it in with a crystal press with no luck. Is there any other way to get it in without sanding it slightliy on the sides

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Caseback is different from sub, here are comparison pictures with ZZF 116610 caseback (with sticker). The build will end up 12.40mm when you use 2.7mm gasket.

Here is a pic of my 16710 using this case. All gen, except midcase, caseback and insert.
Are you using a rep insert with gen bezel or is the whole assembly rep? The case is listed as 1:1 but we all know that is never the case with these aftermarket cases. I am wondering now if the gen steel bezel will fit this rep case.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I read through the whole thread now, and it has been mantioned a couple of times - how to fit a gen insert on vn case. One said it was too small, another said too big, and that he just pressed it against a wooden table.

My insert is too big, have tried pressing it in with a crystal press with no luck. Is there any other way to get it in without sanding it slightliy on the sides
I've used liquid soap on my Gen insert to fit my VN tudor sub it worked me hope this helps

zlbYyS.jpg

FiveGuys

Horology Curious
25/12/20
Are you using a rep insert with gen bezel or is the whole assembly rep? The case is listed as 1:1 but we all know that is never the case with these aftermarket cases. I am wondering now if the gen steel bezel will fit this rep case.

I also have the gen insert now. The gen bezel assembly was acquired from the bay, fristclassdials, and the coke insert I have been using was from ST.

Reactions: relentless-pinguine

easy_beaching

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/7/20
Right by da beach, USA

easy_beaching

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/7/20
Right by da beach, USA
Just to give folks an update. I contacted the seller regarding selling only the casebacks and he said that he will be creating a separate listed for just the casebacks in the next few weeks. If anyone gets that listing link it would be appreciated if you could share it here. Thanks!

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Just ordered my eBay case this morning.
I have two projects in the works so may still go the VN route for the other.