• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC222 - in the works for local buyers (from Xing Patrick)

thea

Getting To Know The Place
18/8/22
can someone message me an invite to Patrick's tele?

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
The embossed logo on the yellow gold one is terrible. And that's just what immediately jumps to my eye, overall looks is quite cheap imo....

Reactions: LeBron and Reaps

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
The embossed logo on the yellow gold one is terrible. And that's just what immediately jumps to my eye, overall looks is quite cheap imo....
Yup. First thing that struck out at me. This is the "new" 222, Vacheron Historiques 4200H, the open case back one. It's.... ok I guess. First thing that popped out at me was thickness. Gen is 8mm (thinner than the 15202), this one looks substantially thicker.

The precious metal (rose gold and gold) variants look awful. Steel ones look ok.

Overall, I'll wait for some real pictures and more information but I'd still buy it.

But, I much prefer Xing's "vintage" 222 if I had the option. Make it even close to gen thickness with a quartz movement and I'm sold.

However, that reddit acccount is fishy as fuck. That account was made 1 day ago and only has posts spamming to this new 222 rep.

Reactions: vcappp and LeBron

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
The precious metal (rose gold and gold) variants look awful. Steel ones look ok.
+1, the yellow one particularly awful

Make it even close to gen thickness with a quartz movement and I'm sold.
+1 but overall quality must be better than 2 posts above.

The 222 must be full gold for me.

Reactions: Karbon74

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
YG tone and dial Colors are way off. If they fix the dial I’d be willing to get one and get it plated.
Haven’t heard of v9f though, i asked a dealer and he said this it’s a different V9F than the original factory

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
I asked the reddit poster for more info/ a video and he posted it to imgur. The last video looks like a gen watch to me and it has a different background to the first 4 watches

Kongor

Getting To Know The Place
12/8/15
Super disappointed to realize that Vacheron only made the 222 rerelease in gold. The fantasy SS dials look a little wonky but I'm still probably going to pick up one or the other while we wait on Xing's vintage reps.

Reactions: vcappp and LeBron