• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

User guide to the A7750 movement.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hello everyone,

I just bought a AP 44mm FC by JF.

I wanted to know what's the best time to change the date because some of you said 6am and the others not between 2am - 7pm.

I will appreciate if someone could help me.

Thanking you in advance.
Between 4 and 8 will be fine.

gotsung

8/1/16
Mine was running fine and I went to change the date around 6:45 am and my watch now stopped running... is this a huge problem now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Do all 7750 movements that run functional chronographs have the same problems as the Daytona reps? This one caught my eye but wondered if this one would suffer the same problems as the Daytona reps: http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_53&products_id=4604

No that one has the running seconds@9 which is the native pposition. As long as you treat it with respect and obey the rules above all should be good. If I used it a lot I'd be having it serviced after a year or so but apart from that no problem.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Mine was running fine and I went to change the date around 6:45 am and my watch now stopped running... is this a huge problem now?

Good question, a date wheel issue shouldn't really have stopped the watch dead but it's possible.

gotsung

8/1/16
Good question, a date wheel issue shouldn't really have stopped the watch dead but it's possible.
I hand wind gently and shake the damn thing lightly nothing is bringing it back to life... pitty

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Anyway, changing the date at 6.45 is not an issue, that's well within the safety window so something else killed it. What kind of watch is it?

gotsung

8/1/16
Anyway, changing the date at 6.45 is not an issue, that's well within the safety window so something else killed it. What kind of watch is it?
It's a pam 386m. I changed the time before changing the date.... that's all I can think of. I guess it was destined to die.

Blown Z

Known Member
4/12/09
No that one has the running seconds@9 which is the native pposition. As long as you treat it with respect and obey the rules above all should be good. If I used it a lot I'd be having it serviced after a year or so but apart from that no problem.

Thanks trailboss99!

Blown Z

Known Member
4/12/09

Thanks trailboss99!

nismoo

Looking Around
8/3/16
Hey guys,
Ive got a Hublot Bigbang Ceramic/SS evo which gains about 5-10 minutes everyday. After a few days of observation, The time seems to be accurate for the rest of the day but I think when its close to changing the date (around 11.30-12), the time increases pretty quickly to add around 5-10 minutes. This is just my theory though.
It gets pretty annoying when you have to set the time and return it to the original time everyday. I'm scared if I do it to much might do more wear on the a7750 movement.
Anyone else got this issue? or any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks in advance

Em84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/16
Thanks so much for this user guide. Waiting for my first reps to arrive soon. After reading this thread I think I'll just steer clear of changing the date and using the chrono function, and only adjust the time (gently and slowly) lol

Thanks again. Can't wait to share first pics in the next couple of weeks :)

Daxterous

Horology Curious
28/2/16
Since I am a total newbie, I have learned a lot from this very helpful thread.
If I had read this first I may not have bought the watch I did. (with 7750).

subaruski

8/12/13
Any issues with letting the chrono feature on my IWC 3789 run continuously??

collector00

5/8/15
hi guys... i have a ap safari...
understand from this thread that if chronograph being engaged (accidentally)... never reset when the 2nd hand dial is between 10-2....
the 2nd hand dial referring to which 1?
the small dial at @12 @9 or @6?
or referring to the main long needle which moves when chronograph first engage?

I tried searching but no specific answer on this 2nd small dial thingy..

rfirmino

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/16
Is 'between 10 and 2' 10, 11, 12, 1, 2?

In addition, when judging if the second hand is between 10 and 2 do you look at the seconds at 9 on the HBB or the centre chrono second hand?

Thank you, new to this game!

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
If you go right back to the original post, point 4 says ONLY reset the chrono between 10 and 2. This refers to the large centre second hand that runs when you press the chrono start/stop button at the 2 o clock position. In this position it has the shorest distance to reset itself which reduces the strain and possibility that it will slip and not realign at 12 properly.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
are there any daytonas with genuine swiss 7750 movements that anyone knows of? or are they all asian?

Watcherswatch

Known Member
16/6/16
Great info! Thanks for the post.

So if the big center second hand did not stop btw 10-2,
shoud I let it run once again until it reaches the position btw. 10-2?

Same with the date quick change.
If my watch stops at lets say 9 pm,
should I adjust the time first to later than 2 am and then adjust the date?