• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Pearl Source

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Sweet!
47b20s0.gif

And since we are on the subject of the Omega pearl. Why on God's earth did the rep factories get the Diamond Bezel Planet Ocean pearl centered instead of the black one ?!? :facepalm:

OMG11009_OMEGA_PLANET_OCEAN_42_4750SI2_ETA_2824_%281%29__16058_zoom.JPG

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
You must be joking.... I havent seen that,but its like throwing it in our faces... Come on you guys,you got this one correct????Seriously?????? Neverway i hope i find someone do the mod and i will post the result...

auslander

18/2/11
Sweet!
47b20s0.gif

And since we are on the subject of the Omega pearl. Why on God's earth did the rep factories get the Diamond Bezel Planet Ocean pearl centered instead of the black one ?!? :facepalm:

ha! good question!!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If you have not noticed, I really want to see the outcome here. Keep us updated!

The Omega pearl to reps. It is like ............

finding-a-needle-in-a-haystack.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If you want/need to look Gen, the pearl should not touch any edge of the triangle.

3035Dream

Known Member
4/9/09
How is the lume on these pearls? Out of all the ones on the bay who has the better quality? WHOLESALEOUTLET990? All the pix look wrong "to me". Seems the ring around the pearl stands to tall. Maybe just the pic.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Yes the ring stands out a little bit. I have mine to Uwe now and i am waiting to see if he can flaten it and then give it a little polish as to have a gen look... I will update when i have news.

neeko_23

Horology Curious
23/8/09
up
any info about this bezel on a 42 mm rep ?

Does any one can explani to us how to remove the bezel on a rep and change it ?
Thank you.

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Yes the ring stands out a little bit. I have mine to Uwe now and i am waiting to see if he can flaten it and then give it a little polish as to have a gen look... I will update when i have news.

Any news yet on if these pearls can be 'flattened' so to speak? Would really save a lot of money compared to buying a gen bezel! :)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
This is what mine looks like with gen pearl.

IMAG0139.jpg

If you ask me, the result is good... Save the money for other parts. You can leave it as it is too, nobody will notice, except from the experts...

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Ordered! Now it's off to PBdad for mod!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you got it yet. I've bought one from that dick head and the pearl was no better than the rep one. And the insert was worse. Maybe he's got a better source now but I doubt it.

Faisel is his name and he's known as Mr. Slimeball on some of the other forums. He'll lie to your face when you ask a question and he won't take back items that are wrong. He runs 3 eBay stores and Ewatchparts.com on the Net.

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
This is what mine looks like with gen pearl.

IMAG0139.jpg

If you ask me, the result is good... Save the money for other parts. You can leave it as it is too, nobody will notice, except from the experts...

Gen pearl? or the flattened eBay one?

Either way it does look nice. I know we are being perfectionists for a small thing like the pearl, but it's one of the main flaws of the UPO in my opinion.

Going to carry on looking around to see if I can find any other sources for the pearl.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I took the rep instert from the eBay and had a gen pearl installed along with the flattening... I suppose you can just do the flattening operation if you want...

WashedUpRealityTvStar

8/3/11
Have you got it yet. I've bought one from that dick head and the pearl was no better than the rep one. And the insert was worse. Maybe he's got a better source now but I doubt it.

Faisel is his name and he's known as Mr. Slimeball on some of the other forums. He'll lie to your face when you ask a question and he won't take back items that are wrong. He runs 3 eBay stores and Ewatchparts.com on the Net.

Ya, I got it and it looks good. However, I did have a problem. He forgot to send it! After a month, I emailed him and he finally sent ut.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk