• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Pearl Source

TheCold

15/8/09
How is the lume on these pearls? Out of all the ones on the bay who has the better quality? WHOLESALEOUTLET990? All the pix look wrong "to me". Seems the ring around the pearl stands to tall. Maybe just the pic.

The Pearl itself is good, centered but stands out a little bit (no one will notice except experts) the lume on the pearl itself is not that good almost no lume if any. But if you do not have the gen dial or gen hands the lume itself won't bother you hence the rep has no good lume either. All in all the pearl looks ALOT better than the rep one on my UPO in my opinion more crisp and centered.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
resurrect: Anyone have a quick DIY on replacing the insert? Do I have to uncase the movement to pop the bezel off to do it, or can I get it off from the front?

Stepien100

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/2/09
I also consider buying one for myself, but from what i have read he is rly dick head, also did u know any other source for insert?? Omega88 yes gen maybe nice but it wont fit 45.5mm upo.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
resurrect: Anyone have a quick DIY on replacing the insert? Do I have to uncase the movement to pop the bezel off to do it, or can I get it off from the front?

If you don't mind damaging your current insert, just pop the pearl out with an Exacto knife, heat the bezel/insert with a hair dryer, then slowly pry at the open pearl hole.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
If you don't mind damaging your current insert, just pop the pearl out with an Exacto knife, heat the bezel/insert with a hair dryer, then slowly pry at the open pearl hole.

that works perfectly since my current insert doesn't have a pearl :D What do I use to reattach the new insert, some sort of metal epoxy?

Stepien100

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/2/09
Can someone tell me, this ebay insert has pearl glued on top or it sits i hole?? And how to make it more flat?

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
Here is mine with a pearl bought from eBay. It looks ok but as some have said, it is a little tall. IMHO it looks better on orange...
You can see how tall it is on the last picture... Bear in mind it's a macro shot, it doesn't look as much on real life...

beeabda3-83d6-89dd.jpg

beeabda3-83e2-423e.jpg

beeabda3-83ef-41f4.jpg

beeabda3-83fd-41f8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Truckman

Horology Curious
16/1/13