• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated Royal Oak Tourbillon by R8 Factory are out

wtforce

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
21/11/22
So do the tourbillons on these actually wind the watch now or do you still have to do it manually?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
The rotor is here just for decoration purposes or it wind the watch?

vtxf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/14
Tourbillion does not wind the watch. There is a rotor which winds the watch. Accuracy in time keeping is amazing. Colour of dial depends on lighting and other variables so cannot have meaningful analysis by looking at photos. I have 4 out of 5 models and each one is a joy to behold and wear

DandoVilla

Horology Curious
1/11/22
Not many TDs seem to have these listed or certainly not many options. Who in particular would be best to buy one of these from - Im guessing different colour options are more limited. The iterations announced recently llol fab too.

Basically just wondering if any TDs might have a few options available?

DandoVilla

Horology Curious
1/11/22
I found a few options on a site called Biao6688 (which I have seen mentioned somewhere but my aging brain fails me where exactly). Most of the TDs I have looked on don't have more than one or two options which I'm not particularly fond of - or are quite a bit more expensive. Guess I just need to figure out which TDs have good links to R8.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Not many TDs seem to have these listed or certainly not many options. Who in particular would be best to buy one of these from - Im guessing different colour options are more limited. The iterations announced recently llol fab too.

Basically just wondering if any TDs might have a few options available?
Just reach out to the TD directly via their WhatsApp number. All TDs are able to source all watches. The inventory on TD websites is often hilariously out of date. Just ask the TD and they will guide you. But don't expect quick replies at the moment since it's Chinese New Year.

DandoVilla

Horology Curious
1/11/22
Ok, thanks. As it's a bit of a more unique watch I didn't know if any of the TDs in particular had better links with R8F. Biao seems to be a tad cheaper but I'm unsure on how reliable they are. Obviously there are some Tourbillons that I don't even think would even be available as even the slightly more common ones are harder to come by - and I'm not sure if the rarer ones are even available at all. I've seen occasional pistcute/mention of a black ceramic one but not often. Thanks for that time.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Ok, thanks. As it's a bit of a more unique watch I didn't know if any of the TDs in particular had better links with R8F. Biao seems to be a tad cheaper but I'm unsure on how reliable they are. Obviously there are some Tourbillons that I don't even think would even be available as even the slightly more common ones are harder to come by - and I'm not sure if the rarer ones are even available at all. I've seen occasional pistcute/mention of a black ceramic one but not often. Thanks for that time.
I suggest you to stick to and ask RWI TDs after CNY.

seanizcool

Known Member
3/9/21
Btw, AP is continuously rocking with their new RO tourbies 😁
Can't wait to see some of those "dimpled" dials, I love the gold one