• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay Eifty-Eight 58 Review comparison ZF to GEN // Many Photos

Caril

Known Member
16/8/22
Portugal
Thank you for this very nice comparison. I came here after receiving my ZF and thinking “great new vintage feel, but this lume is a bit to white and greenish, and even during the day it seems to shine, and this clashes with the vintage vibe of the watch”.

Has anyone attempted to yellow down the lume, with simpler means like coffee water?

pdot92

Horology Curious
31/7/23
United Kingdom
Hi - BB58 gen owner here.
Great comparison, thank you for sharing. I could spot the rep immediately because I'm staring at the gen most days. The lume pip; numerals and font colour were the giveaways (aspects which you have covered in detail above). Shame about the crown - one of the more desirable characteristics imo
@Caril - the lume colour is very consistent on the gen so could be hard to replicate

Reactions: Caril

gtaight

Horology Curious
23/4/22
Got a local seller, selling this. It’s 20% below market and new.

Looks a bit off to me. Font and finishing. Wonder if it’s just me being paranoid. Or does anyone else think this is a rep?

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

slyshooter

Known Member
26/7/10
Great review overall, the ZF really holds up well against the genuine.

are the differences of dial teeth and crown tube visible from nearby, or someone has to do real close inspection to identify

Reactions: germansubmarine