• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay Eifty-Eight 58 Review comparison ZF to GEN // Many Photos

rusalkamoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
7/3/22
So, do I get the rep until the gen is available in approximately 1 year? 🤔
Plenty of gens available, what do you mean? If not at AD then on secondary market for an even better price, sometimes with sticker and everything.

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Was the first time I've been to an AD, interesting experience. The waiting time for any popular Rolex (Explorer, GMT, Sub) is around 10 years. Even DJ and OP are in the range of 5-8. Crazy. According to him, Rolex produces over 1 mil watches a year, the waiting list for this chain store is over 5k people for various models.

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Reactions: Eddio

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Plenty of gens available, what do you mean? If not at AD then on secondary market for an even better price, sometimes with sticker and everything.
Was in the 2 official ADs in my city. Both said the same thing. A little bit sceptical of used, from joining this forum, I know how extremely well made reps can be. A little cautious in general to not get burned on a 3k€+ purchase. If I spend that kind of money, I want the full experience 😂

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany

Got the rep today. I like it a lot. Nice watch for sure.

Anyone know where to get a rep nato strap like the original one (black and gold)? I found a bunch of colors on Ali, but not in the correct color.

Eddio

Astrophysical Time traveler
11/6/16
EU

Got the rep today. I like it a lot. Nice watch for sure.

Anyone know where to get a rep nato strap like the original one (black and gold)? I found a bunch of colors on Ali, but not in the correct color.

Here you go....

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
Have had this in my list for a while. Never pulled the trigger because i have the owned the original. And the original is just incredible! But the color combination is excellent!

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Thank you @Eddio. I'm on the waiting list of the two AD in my city for the original. The rep is to see how much I really like it and to fill the gap 😉

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
Thank you @Eddio. I'm on the waiting list of the two AD in my city for the original. The rep is to see how much I really like it and to fill the gap 😉
the rep aint bad. Biggest flaw is the lume is just too white and the dial is too grey. Still not bad though. The bezel, case and bracelet are very good. I have the Uncle half link added and that just fits perfect. Shows how spot on the dimensions of the bracelet is. But i have owned the original including that very good strap and i can only say go for it, it is awesome.

Reactions: Nickyan

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
the rep aint bad. Biggest flaw is the lume is just too white and the dial is too grey. Still not bad though. The bezel, case and bracelet are very good. I have the Uncle half link added and that just fits perfect. Shows how spot on the dimensions of the bracelet is. But i have owned the original including that very good strap and i can only say go for it, it is awesome.

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
This is my second attempt at getting the lume color correct. This time i have used a colorant but i am still not satisfied. The color is very good but getting it even is the tricky part. So still ongoing....

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Thanks for your affirmation 👍 I've run a few used ones, <2 years old, in good condition at close to 3k. Really tempted. Not too bothered about a few scratches, I'll bang it up anyway.

Since I don't have the gen, I don't notice the differences, probably no one in the office or elsewhere will notice either. Then again, why get the gen then 😂 it's a dog chasing it's tail.

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
Thanks for your affirmation 👍 I've run a few used ones, <2 years old, in good condition at close to 3k. Really tempted. Not too bothered about a few scratches, I'll bang it up anyway.

Since I don't have the gen, I don't notice the differences, probably no one in the office or elsewhere will notice either. Then again, why get the gen then 😂 it's a dog chasing it's tail.
Your welcome!! Reminder though, buy a watch for yourself and no one else because 98% of people dont care about watches. Enjoy it yourself... And, although the rep is a 10th in value vs the GEN, the visual stunner that the GEN is, is worth so much more. I sold it too fast to buy a BB Chrono and still miss it. Having the rep does not fill that gap simply because its not a Super clone. But, if high value of a watch diminshes the fun of wearing the watch, simply because you are being to carefull, reps can fill that gap! Because then reps are all fun no worries. But you need to find that find that out by owning a GEN first.

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
What you say makes a lot of sense. I'll keep working on getting the gen. Hard to not fall into the rep collection trap because they are so affordable. 10 reps or one gen 🤷🏼‍♂️ more variety of reps or few gens that you truly value. There is no one size fits all answer.

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
What you say makes a lot of sense. I'll keep working on getting the gen. Hard to not fall into the rep collection trap because they are so affordable. 10 reps or one gen 🤷🏼‍♂️ more variety of reps or few gens that you truly value. There is no one size fits all answer.
True. I have 3 GEN's of around 300 buck each and a few cheap Moonswatch reps. Thats more then enough. 2 of them are Rolex reps because i will never own a GEN. Not only because of the insane prices, also because i would not enjoy having that kind of value on the wrist. So then a Super clone Rep is awesome. But i mostly wear them at home. I do wear the Tudor outside simply because its not that conspicuous as an Rolex. As with the Gen it is an awesome wingman on the wrist but a stealthy one.

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Totally get it. I prefer the "underdog" and understatement of Tudor. I'm not sure I want to join the Rolex hype train, with all the AD BS.