• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay Eifty-Eight 58 Review comparison ZF to GEN // Many Photos

Eddio

Astrophysical Time traveler
11/6/16
EU
getting that color even seems much more difficult then originally imagined. The lume itself is ofcourse not smooth, has crevices and probably does not have an even density. And i think this does not help getting the color variations to a minimum. So for now this is it. Regarding the colors, i initially thought the ocre yellow would be the best choice but when diluting it with demi water and applying it to the lumen, it just has such a tiny effect. The dark brown seems too much but dilution and only applying a film makes the color much more correct to the original. I believe that the color is now very close to the original.

germansubmarine

Supporter
Certified
21/4/21
Germany
getting that color even seems much more difficult then originally imagined. The lume itself is ofcourse not smooth, has crevices and probably does not have an even density. And i think this does not help getting the color variations to a minimum. So for now this is it. Regarding the colors, i initially thought the ocre yellow would be the best choice but when diluting it with demi water and applying it to the lumen, it just has such a tiny effect. The dark brown seems too much but dilution and only applying a film makes the color much more correct to the original. I believe that the color is now very close to the original.
Looks much better than your first try! It’s nice to see your progress!

Reactions: Eddio

Jmvdes

Looking Around
11/12/19
For someone very new to this environment and considering this watch as a first buy, this is incredibly helpful, so thank you!

As someone who now owns both, does the rep get much time on the wrist despite the flaws?

Reactions: germansubmarine

germansubmarine

Supporter
Certified
21/4/21
Germany
For someone very new to this environment and considering this watch as a first buy, this is incredibly helpful, so thank you!

As someone who now owns both, does the rep get much time on the wrist despite the flaws?
Thank you for the compliment! Glad I could help with the review!
Regarding the ZF version, I gave it to a friend of mine and he enjoys it a lot! I wear my gen almost everyday!

Reactions: Eddio

clk168

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/21
Thank you so much for this comprehensive review! I was this close to ordering this watch since it was on the SuperRep list. But the pip and font difference is such a deal breaker for me. Breaks my heart, I really wanted the red version of this watch.

Reactions: germansubmarine

mrsato1

22/9/09
Amazing write up! Just curious is this review for the 39mm version 2? Also, where can I get one?

Newguyhere95

26/1/23
USA
If you have any further questions or parts of the watches that need comparison in detail I can make another round of pictures. Just let me know!
Nice comparison!
Its weird to ask, but can you try put ZF bracelet on Gen to see if it fits? I believe they are both 20mm. I have a gen BB 58 with leather strap but now I want bracelet one.
My TD said ZF bracelet is good one but he not sure it will fit on gen BB58 or not. It would be wonderful if you can help me out with that before I make purchase ZF bracelet.
Thank you. Really appreciate it!
bracelet

Newguyhere95

26/1/23
USA
Thanks for posting! I have the GEN BB58 in black and gilt and just ordered the ZF BB58 Blue to mix things up. I got the GEN on the OEM brown leather strap and am going to play around with the ZF bracelet on my GEN.
Is ZF bracelet fit on gen BB58? (20mm)
Thank you