• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay 58 ZF v2 vs Gen

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
This is a real nice rep, I like how it matches with this leather band. Bought it from: https://www.bandrbands.com/
it is the 20 mm Chestnut classic vintage model

Hmm, I'm thinking of the horse leather strap (like what the BB58 comes with) but unfortunately when I ordered mine the TD did not seem to have it in. This could be a good alternative, if I ever manage to get the bracelet off!

Reactions: Ecender

bac14070596

Known Member
21/3/18
United Kingdom
Has anyone been able to removed the bracelet from the watch it's on that tight the springs bars aren't even holding the watch onto the bracelet am unable to get it off

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Ellisg93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/20
I can really see what you mean by the shine on the face of the watch.
On the genuine it almost looks like metallic car paint with the shimmer whereas on the rep it's definitely flatter.

Great review, thank you!

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
RepJunkie
Thanks for your review and pictures. Could you please tell which one is ZF rep and which one is Gen on your comparison pictures on the post#2?
So after wearing the ZF v2 Black Bay 58 for just over a week and the gen for about a month, here is my review on how it fares to the gen.

Reactions: Snookit

Beciuzz

Horology Curious
24/12/19
Hi guys, I'm going to buy my BB58 ZF. I have some QC pictures: what do you think about it? Is it well made? Thanks in advance for your help!

Reactions: Gpbn

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
Hi guys, I'm going to buy my BB58 ZF. I have some QC pictures: what do you think about it? Is it well made? Thanks in advance for your help!

I would ask to show the bezel aligned properly, or maybe its one click to the left, also ask for pic without the lume glowing so much, could be hiding the dreaded lume colour issue

Reactions: vcappp

bac14070596

Known Member
21/3/18
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the bezel assembly on this model does the bezel just pop off with click springs behind the bezel please ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Watali

Looking Around
24/4/20
Hi I would like to ask zf tudor bb58 worth your get ? Will it easily tell fake ?

Mrhigh

Horology Curious
24/4/20
CAn anyone of you here help me and give me a opinion? Whether I should get zf bb58 or a zzf no date rolex ? Which one have less flaw and which one can is more real and hard to tell compare the the real stuff

Watali

Looking Around
24/4/20
Spoons I understand but I’m mood at it so I don’t know how Also haha that’s why come in and ask

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
CAn anyone of you here help me and give me a opinion? Whether I should get zf bb58 or a zzf no date rolex ? Which one have less flaw and which one can is more real and hard to tell compare the the real stuff

98% of people do not notice or care about watches. To those 98%, both the ZF bb58 and the ZZF 114060 will be indistinguishable from the genuine watches.

Turning now to the remaining 2% of people that are watch enthusiasts and will actually care about the watch on your wrist, there is probably a 50% chance that they will be able to spot the flaws in either model. That being said, the overly light colored lume on the BB58 is probably the most evident flaw from a distance, so perhaps the 114060 is less likely to be questioned. However, the low crown position on the 114060 is relatively easy to spot. What I am trying to say is, pick the one you personally prefer, because your likelihood of being called out is probably equal with either one, so you might as well wear the one that speaks to you.

Mrhigh

Horology Curious
24/4/20
Spoons light coloured lume is ? The grow in the dark one ? Other than that bb58 that it still have any flaws?

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
Spoons light coloured lume is ? The grow in the dark one ? Other than that bb58 that it still have any flaws?

This picture from the second post in this thread shows you everything you need to know:

I shouldn't be spoon feeding you, but here you go: on the rep ZF BB58 the lume is too light/white, the dial is flat and untextured and the numbers on the bezel insert are slightly too thin (this last one is a very minor issue). Now you have to decide whether you can live with those issues.

In the future, please try to read an entire thread before asking questions that have already been answered and discussed (in the very first post no less!)

shortlegs

31/5/19
Spoons you are too kind.. hope the newbies will benefit from this and then go find out the answers themselves from now on.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
awesome review! Thanks!

The gen brushing is mesmerizing to me

jamiex

25/7/09
Yorkshire
All this thread has managed to do is convince me to buy a Gen BB58, I’ve been watching reviews over on YT and now I’m sold.

Reactions: Thrasher