• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
Hey Angus, when did you say the ARF V4 would be released?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hey Angus, when did you say the ARF V4 would be released?

Cheers

I shall have the sample by holiday if lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
GingerBubba You know that Neo_Goku1 is our dearly missed Kool Aid kid from RWG ? https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/profile/97662-kool-aid/

How funny it is to see him spark in such a controversial topic, yet again... :rofl:

Oh my god!!!!

I tried my hardest to get him released from gulag and then to avoid him getting banned. I failed. Funny to recall though. Honestly, that was a harsh gulagging and ban imo. He was WAY less annoying that some people have been in recent threads on here!

He's not to good on the difference between a Kermit and a Hulk though lol.

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/142716-noob-v8-hulk-with-3225-movement/

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/142741-enjoy-the-stay-kool-aid/&page=2

Nice to see you again neoChris/whoever!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Just ban him along with that bozoo kid.

It's a real shit show they're organising here.

We don't ban without valid reason, it's a forum, people will disagree, will argue, as long as it's done in the topic and without being disrespectful they can stay. If they start badly behaving, there's a report tool to warn staff about it, and we will intervene to calm things down, as it's been already done in this topic.

This topic is a sensitive one, there will not be any agreement reached here by all the parties, at one point you must just decide where you draw the line between your personal conviction and your desire to convince other of your view of the truth.

Neo_Goku1

Horology Curious
26/9/20
GingerBubba You know that Neo_Goku1 is our dearly missed Kool Aid kid from RWG ? https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/profile/97662-kool-aid/

How funny it is to see him spark in such a controversial topic, yet again... :rofl:

Yeah but this is RWI and i will try and articulate myself in a more appropriate manner here. I respect thats the rule here as RWG is a more lenient place to be. So i wont allow GingerBubba 's constant love and sexual advances toward me to deter my professional behavior ^_^

Neo_Goku1

Horology Curious
26/9/20
Oh my god!!!!

I tried my hardest to get him released from gulag and then to avoid him getting banned. I failed. Funny to recall though. Honestly, that was a harsh gulagging and ban imo. He was WAY less annoying that some people have been in recent threads on here!

He's not to good on the difference between a Kermit and a Hulk though lol.

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/142716-noob-v8-hulk-with-3225-movement/

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/142741-enjoy-the-stay-kool-aid/&page=2

Nice to see you again neoChris/whoever!

Ahh thanks for the memories! Good times

Reactions: GingerBubba

Samgobigs

11/2/20
I’m going to refrain from drawing any conclusions until his report is out. At this time, I still have a lot of unanswered questions:

- which model of the ZZF was used?
- which parts of the watch was used to do the test? The case itself? The links on the bracelet? The clasp? Is it possible that part of the watch is 316 and other parts is 904 steel?

Lastly, I would like to see this test reproduced independently. I did see a few posts from a few other members who have access to this equipment, so if it would be helpful if we can reproduce the test.

Anyways, IMHO, if the factory is advertising 904 steel and charging for it, it should deliver it.

Imaging what would happen if a factory is claiming to sell one type of movement in the watch but delivering a cheaper one.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Reactions: BOSSK

JonasBuskas

Known Member
20/8/10
Yes may be zzf v4 will be true 904L, but as they have one the best sub and it’s really popular I don’t think they will adjust. If the arf v4 or VS V1 are as good as the zzf v3 the are dead...

Last edited:

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Yes may be zzf v4 will be true 904L, but as they have one the best sub and it’s really popular I don’t think they will adjust. If the arf v4 or VS V1 are as good as the zzf v3 the are dead...

I can tell from pictures that VSF is a serious contender. We need more info.

Reactions: Grfranco

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
But you said that the factories never test the steel? And now you say the opposite...

These factories are big operations. Of course they will verify what they are buying in from their suppliers, and nope they don't need 20k for a machine. They will bring in a testing agency.

A "testing agency" lmao.... bro come on

Reactions: GrandmasterChime

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
They now should adjust their prices or I suspect their v3 won't sell that well. I see zero possibilities to upgrade their watches to real 904L in a short time if new machines are really needed.

theoretically ZZF for v.3 took the bracelet from another factory (the same one that supplies ARF)

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
theoretically ZZF for v.3 took the bracelet from another factory (the same one that supplies ARF)

Angus told us that that factory would provide zzf only with 316L bracelets. Their v3 will be 316L still probably. It will take a certain time to upgrade to 904L (if they want to do). I am just curious to see what will happen.

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Angus told us that that factory would provide zzf only with 316L bracelets. Their v3 will be 316L still probably. It will take a certain time to upgrade to 904L (if they want to do). I am just curious to see what will happen.

i am also curious to check if the bracelet of the v3. ZZF is in 316 and not in 904. but not because I don't trust Angus (The results are proving him right) but because I don't trust what the suppliers of the various factories say