• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thief call out: HAUTEHORLOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
My initial visceral reaction was to dismiss the explanation as an overly sentimental cop out. It certainly has the trappings of a cliched country music song - dogs, cheating lovers, money problems, booze.... Only thing missing is a truck and a gun. I'm still not sure who or what to believe. Some aspects of the whole drama just don't add up, but I hope you guys can work it out.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
That doesn't stop the other people to open their mouth and produce nasty b*llshit. But okay... I can deal with that.
If Barth can understand my situation, you others should be able to do similar. If not, please just walk away.

BTW: Oh wonder - the thread title got changed back, naming me a thief although Barth himself changed it 2 days ago.
And i'm still pinked. But i'm not expecting any fairness anymore. This is not the place for me as it seems.

:bsmeter::lies::bsmeter:

barth

5/10/12
I sadly have to update this thread.

I've sent my watch away one year ago, never to be seen again.

We had agreed about a partial refund several months back. He promised me (once again) that he would get back to me once he sells a franken of his. He sold it more than 2 months ago, and has never answered to my PM's since. He of course gets online daily.

Lindt

Renowned Member
9/4/15
Slovenia

We had agreed about a partial refund several months back. He promised me (once again) that he would get back to me once he sells a franken of his. He sold it more than 2 months ago, and has never answered to my PM's since. He of course gets online daily.

That is so sad men :/

x32c

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/07

Hmmm......now I wonder who was telling the truth.

niki1977

20/8/15
52909542.jpg

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Wow, this still hasn't ended.. Why don't you just call it off as a bad lesson and forget about it after all considering I don't think of you getting anything back?
Shit ain't worth the stress bro!

jai04

19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
I thought he's gonna make up for it but I guess I thought wrong. Hopefully this guy would turn from pink to brown. Sorry to hear this news mate.

niki1977

20/8/15
Difficult situation... Trying to view this from a neutral point of view. I sincerely believea a postal employee took the stuff. I have received several packages with content missing. It happens everywhere not only at postal offices. Bagage handlers at airports steal a lot of stuff too. The not responding is ofcourse a bad thing but I do understand the situation. If anything would happen to my dogs the whole world could drop dead at that moment and my only focus would be the dogs knowing how selfish that is. I also can understand Barth's suspicion because it almost looks like a bad comedy film with so much bad things happening at the same time. However I do think that Hautehorloge spoke the truth. But that leaves a very shitty situation... Who is responsible in this case ? Let's say both Barth and Hautehorloge both spoke the truth... Than a postal employee is walking around with a very nice watch and a nice bottle of booze. So non of them are really responsible but still a watch missing... Who's got to pay up ? I really don't know... It would be nice of Hautehorloge to offer some sort of financial compensation eventhough he's not really to blame. I would still do that I think.

So [MENTION=94183]barth[/MENTION] ; Damn, very sorry for you ending up in a shitty situation and the loss of your watch. I hope you can replace it sometime. [MENTION=67556]hautehorloge[/MENTION] ; I don't know anybody who has such bad luck in such short period of time, I hope the dogs are ok now.

Just my 2 cents.

barth

5/10/12
Wow, this still hasn't ended.. Why don't you just call it off as a bad lesson and forget about it after all considering I don't think of you getting anything back?
Shit ain't worth the stress bro!

Unfortunately I'm not rich enough to forget a 350$+ watch and call it just a lesson...

Moreover when a partial refund has been promised, and not honored.

barth

5/10/12
Difficult situation... Trying to view this from a neutral point of view. I sincerely believea a postal employee took the stuff. I have received several packages with content missing. It happens everywhere not only at postal offices. Bagage handlers at airports steal a lot of stuff too. The not responding is ofcourse a bad thing but I do understand the situation. If anything would happen to my dogs the whole world could drop dead at that moment and my only focus would be the dogs knowing how selfish that is. I also can understand Barth's suspicion because it almost looks like a bad comedy film with so much bad things happening at the same time. However I do think that Hautehorloge spoke the truth. But that leaves a very shitty situation... Who is responsible in this case ? Let's say both Barth and Hautehorloge both spoke the truth... Than a postal employee is walking around with a very nice watch and a nice bottle of booze. So non of them are really responsible but still a watch missing... Who's got to pay up ? I really don't know... It would be nice of Hautehorloge to offer some sort of financial compensation eventhough he's not really to blame. I would still do that I think.

So @barth ; Damn, very sorry for you ending up in a shitty situation and the loss of your watch. I hope you can replace it sometime. @hautehorloge ; I don't know anybody who has such bad luck in such short period of time, I hope the dogs are ok now.

Just my 2 cents.

Shit happens indeed. But this associated to months long silences just sounds... plain shady. I'm not a dog owner and I can't understand such an issue can be awfully stressful, but it doesn't justify MONTHS to answer and send his property back to someone.

If I'm honest, considering how the package had evidently not been opened during transit; I'd say my watch has never been shipped back. Just sold under another username, here or elsewhere.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Unfortunately I'm not rich enough to forget a 350$+ watch and call it just a lesson...

Well, that's most likely gonna be the way it'll stay though.. So crying around because you didn't get a refund for it won't bring you anywhere.

Sure as hell sucks losing the money but what else you can do mate?
Exactly most likely nothing.
I've been there done that, I had few shit coming to me from Italy that never showed up on my doorstep but :eek:hwell:

Just my 2 cts.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
This is the point peoples, not the loss but the broken promise and total lack of comms with staff as well as with the OP. In what dimension is that acceptable?

Well, that's most likely gonna be the way it'll stay though.. So crying around because you didn't get a refund for it won't bring you anywhere.
He's "crying" because I asked him to keep the members updated, you have a problem with that?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
He's "crying" because I asked him to keep the members updated, you have a problem with that?

Obvs not, the 'crying' was used as an equivalent for the not calling it a lesson we were talking about a few posts earlier.
As I've said, I fully understand his anger but also I've stated my point of view that I don't think he'll see any of that shit again due to those broken promises etc.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Who pays 300 euro for a box and since when can you buy a box on it's own from an AD?

Status
Not open for further replies.