• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thief call out: HAUTEHORLOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Two truths at conflict. Nobody can decide. The second guy got pinked. Now he is gone. Where does that leave us?

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
As I understand it, there is the possibility to file an insurance claim and hope that this allows a measure of compromise and that both parties can find solution that can make amends and more importantly, restore both member's image here. Without taking sides, there is no clear way to say who is one with the answers. The handling of this issue can be reduced to assumptions on both parts. HH admitted that he assumed that barth was acting shady and this resulted in barth thinking the same. As it stands, I hope that both can start communicating and working with the staff to resolve this issue.

:)

zamberla

Renowned Member
21/6/14
As I understand it, there is the possibility to file an insurance claim and hope that this allows a measure of compromise and that both parties can find solution that can make amends and more importantly, restore both member's image here. Without taking sides, there is no clear way to say who is one with the answers. The handling of this issue can be reduced to assumptions on both parts. HH admitted that he assumed that barth was acting shady and this resulted in barth thinking the same. As it stands, I hope that both can start communicating and working with the staff to resolve this issue.

Best case scenario would be this. However these two don't seem to have the healthiest of communications so I dnt see a resolve in the near future..

Marc Anthony

Looking Around
13/2/14
i can't imagine a post office worker opening up the package, steal the bottle of champagne, left the outer champagne box and just happen to have a bottle of orange juice that fits perfectly into the champagne box to swap with.

not taking any sides, just sayin.

I have no dog in this fight but there is absolutely postal workers that would do such a thing. no doubt about it. did it happen here i have no clue but stuff gets stolen all the time from the mail.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
HH mentions that the tax officials gave him back the watches they confiscated. That story gets murkier. Given he had the watch for so long with little Comms and now because of this its all turned to shit I think he should send the op a couple of hundred bucks and call it quits. Everytime this stuff comes up people make the same excuses, like I got mugged, the tax office. I got cancer. Bah blah blah

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
Another general statement that is important to me: I am NOT saying in any way that I don't believe Barths words, nor that he is behaving shady in any way. I was complaining that the communication wasn't going well. That's all. And i am interested in finding a fair solution which only he and i can discuss.

Now these were really my last words about this case publicly.

sye46

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/06
I have no dog in this fight but there is absolutely postal workers that would do such a thing. no doubt about it. did it happen here i have no clue but stuff gets stolen all the time from the mail.

i agree stuff gets stolen from the post office, but intentionally replacing a bottle of champagne with orange juice? That's a little rediculous

zamberla

Renowned Member
21/6/14
i agree stuff gets stolen from the post office, but intentionally replacing a bottle of champagne with orange juice? That's a little rediculous

It could perhaps be a couple of douchebag workers who thought theyd sip on some bubbly and replacing with a bottle of OJ. I can actually visualize this happening.

Then again..seems bit far out

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
hope this gets resolved, a careful reminder on how things can go wrong with m2m.

revhrd

5/2/11
Another general statement that is important to me: I am NOT saying in any way that I don't believe Barths words, nor that he is behaving shady in any way. I was complaining that the communication wasn't going well. That's all. And i am interested in finding a fair solution which only he and i can discuss.

Now these were really my last words about this case publicly.

Actually... You did. Below is a copied and pasted excerpt of your eloquent version. Due pay attention to the last paragraph. Many folk here, myself included have remained neutral, but this statement of yours is not accurate.

It was one week later, when i got a PM from Hitch, stating that the box he received was empty. He threatened me with this words:

"So I received the package. As you know, there was no watch inside, and there was no Veuve Clicquot either (but it wasn't due to me, though it was quite foolish to pretend). No, the package hasn't been opened. I don't understand why you did this, except to give me some fake hope. This is extremely disappointing, and I find it very nasty, too. This is very far from the description ProHunter (RG) made of you. I will see what I can do to convince you to send me a package WITH MY WATCH in it. I will talk to some friends of mine, and get advice here and there. But trust me, it wasn't a smart move, at all."

I didn't answer to that message, as it was shockingly barefaced and malicious in my eyes. So after i always stayed honest and never hid behind bulls*t as he states and making a final honorable gesture of friendship, i have to admit that i thought he may f*ck off.

Again, if you would have taken a different albeit more helpful approach and given the benefit of the doubt as you now request, perhaps communication and resolution would have happened without this thread.

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
Actually... You did. Below is a copied and pasted excerpt of your eloquent version. Due pay attention to the last paragraph. Many folk here, myself included have remained neutral, but this statement of yours is not accurate.

It was one week later, when i got a PM from Hitch, stating that the box he received was empty. He threatened me with this words:

"So I received the package. As you know, there was no watch inside, and there was no Veuve Clicquot either (but it wasn't due to me, though it was quite foolish to pretend). No, the package hasn't been opened. I don't understand why you did this, except to give me some fake hope. This is extremely disappointing, and I find it very nasty, too. This is very far from the description ProHunter (RG) made of you. I will see what I can do to convince you to send me a package WITH MY WATCH in it. I will talk to some friends of mine, and get advice here and there. But trust me, it wasn't a smart move, at all."

I didn't answer to that message, as it was shockingly barefaced and malicious in my eyes. So after i always stayed honest and never hid behind bulls*t as he states and making a final honorable gesture of friendship, i have to admit that i thought he may f*ck off.

Again, if you would have taken a different albeit more helpful approach and given the benefit of the doubt as you now request, perhaps communication and resolution would have happened without this thread.

You are partly right and you are making a good point. But it doesn't have anything to do with the words in my last post. I wanted to make clear that i am not stating Barth may act shady or may lie. This has been said about me a few posts ago and it's not true. I didn't react at that time cause the message he sent was insulting and threatening. He himself already confirmed his reaction not to be correct, based on his anger.

So my statement indeed is accurate. [emoji6]

I will sort this out with Barth alone now. As i am willing to have this problem solved, there shouldn't be a big issue to end this story fair and honorable.

Edit: Actually you made the statement of me thinking Barth acting shady. I had to respond to that as it is not correct.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Here is my experiance with creative thieves. In my young years, I was in lost prevention at a well known computer manufactur. We had a warehouse employee and a truck driver stealing over a hundred thousand dollars in computers. We had processes in place to make sure that we minimized the losses. Each box had a tamper seal so you could tell if it had been opened. We knew the weight of each carton so every pallet was weighed before it was sent. Come to find out, the crooks would take a razor knife to the bottom of the box, slide out the computer and insert a reem of paper weighing the same amount. They stole hundreds of computers before we caught them.

cnwh

27/10/13
So many last words.

Judging from the story I would stand by the OP. At least he is sensible to get Mod's approval to post this thread, which appear to reduce the malicious intent of the post.

Then again, what's to gain from a $200+ rep (not that it can be up here in the m2m, ever) ... But then again, those grandmother stories about credit card fraud in Africa and seizures (what next, police report proof?) sound too cliche to me...

I'm mind-F...

barth

5/10/12
We are currently privately discussing this.

Edited the thread title

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Is it?
This is EXACTLY what happened to me

I sent my Dad a bottle of vodka for his birthday once and when he got the package, it was a bottle of sunny delight orange juice.

Id bet if there had been a rolex in that package it would have been gone too !
Dont ever underestimate postal theft, where theres a will theres a way.

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
Not to self:

Hmmm sounds like we should put open razors or something in our packages as theft deterrent. Am I right?

revhrd

5/2/11
I knew it... In order to avoid getting caught the safest route is to place blame on the sender and in order to do that misdirection needs to take place

Is it?
This is EXACTLY what happened to me

I sent my Dad a bottle of vodka for his birthday once and when he got the package, it was a bottle of sunny delight orange juice.

Id bet if there had been a rolex in that package it would have been gone too !
Dont ever underestimate postal theft, where theres a will theres a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.