• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thief call out: HAUTEHORLOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
@hautehorologe

Why didn´t you contact any mod as soon as this came up? RichHitch/barth did just that and got a go from me at this.
It´s always cheap to come up with excuses late when damage has been done.

Yo´ll stay no saled for now. Name edited out in post #1

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
@hautehorologe

Why didn´t you contact any mod as soon as this came up? RichHitch/barth did just that and got a go from me at this.
It´s always cheap to come up with excuses late when damage has been done.

Yo´ll stay no saled for now. Name edited out in post #1

First, thank you for standing up for my privacy.

Second: As i stated before, i have a lot of problems that i had to go through and didn't have the energy to solve another one. I spoke about the situation with Steelfish here and Nembo over on RG. Nembo didn't come back to me but Steelfish answered and advised me to show a receipt with the exact weight of the parcel. As you know, in Germany we pay for parcel classes in 2kg, 5kg and so on, so no exact weight on the receipt. I have proof that i send the watch and the champagne, i have proof that it got delivered. And it absolutely makes no sense at all to keep, or "steal" the watch if you know me.

In the end there is no proof at all that the parcel really was empty. We all have to believe his words (no pun intended). But i came up honestly and respectable. Just like i treated him all the time. So i ask publicly now to remove the "No Sales" status as there isn't proof of anything.

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
Well then, now that I have gotten past the name change, which really is not related to the topic. Is there a possibility that the post office employees opened the package as "routine" customs check and decided to keep the contents? This is certainly a difficult situation for both parties. The only thing I can suggest is the weight of the real champagne bottle versus the cheap orange bottle received. That may be enough to check on the receipt of post.

Best at of luck to all parties involved :)

zamberla

Renowned Member
21/6/14
Subscribing to this thread. I revoke my previous statement until further evolutions..

barth

5/10/12
Thanks Dan for answering.

The question is here: why IN THE WORLD would I lie, and say I didn't get my watch back if I did ??? Do you think it would be something fun for me to play the shit stirrer and open such a thread ? Would I jeopardize my entire reputation as a trustworthy member for nothing ?

If something was to be done (esp with the insurance), IF the watch has been stolen, WHY didn't you answer my PM telling you there was nothing inside the box except that effin bottle of orange juice ? I sounded a little pissed off in this message, ok, but I thought I was getting my watch back after all the delays and unanswered message, finally !! After 6 months !!

You didn't bother to answer.

I should, as some members said, have taken an unboxing video. I only have the following pictures for your appreciation

43d8f0b5_l.jpeg

The box the watch was supposed to be in, according to Dan's pics

9910ff59_l.jpeg

f91ee308_l.jpeg

cf8013dd_l.jpeg

2169316f_l.jpeg

This is what was inside the Veuve Cliquot box:

f0eb0b43_l.jpeg

A german orange juice bottle. I live in Paris, France, and I don't see where I could have bought this.

These is the box how I found it. Again I ask you, what would be my interest to lie here ? I don't see any. You gave you several opportunities to AT LEAST answer to me and tell how could the package be empty. You never answered, so this thread was my ultimate solution. I probably wasn't right to call all your excuses BS, shit does happen.

But after so many delays, so many unanswered PM's, the empty box (and the orange juice bottle) was simply too much.

EDIT: All the tape, and seals were in place, both inside and outside the box. The box that should have contained the watch even was even taped with a small sticky patch. I hardly see a stealing postal worker be so careful, but oh well.

subaruski

8/12/13
[MENTION=94183]barth[/MENTION]

You think there is any chance customs/shipping service pulled a switcheroo?

barth

5/10/12
@barth

I don't know.

But given how everything was impeccably in place when I opened the box, it seems unlikely. Plus, EU to EU packages are rarely inspected closely.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
[MENTION=94183]barth[/MENTION]

There are no customs within EU.
Theft by post office happens seldom. Sorting is video supervised.

* sent from somewhere *

adamweby

28/8/12
CONUS
I don't know anything about anything but I think the OJ (exhibit B) is a tell tale sign...

:popcorn2:

myor

Renowned Member
10/11/14
At that time a few personal issues came in and needed my full concentration. First, i got money stolen (i am speaking about a few thousands that are gone forever) by credit card fraud from some monkeys (no pun intended) somewhere in the desert of Africa. After that my two little boys (i am speaking about my two dogs) got involved in a very heavy accident. Both lost some toes and it was a bloody and traumatic experience. Quickly after that the collection office came up to me and froze my bank accounts, and seized some of my personal stuff, including my watch collection. All that because my b*stard of tax accountant made sh*t with my personal finances. This whole stuff was topped like a cherry on the cake by my parter cheating on me. All that sh*t happened within weeks, causing 2014 to be a big fat exam of life.

You got OP's watch in August, poor dogs got hurt in March!!! and your stuff was seizured in October.
I know that shit happens but c'mon man... Was it really that hard to send the frikkin watch back??

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
You got OP's watch in August, poor dogs got hurt in March!!! and your stuff was seizured in October.
I know that shit happens but c'mon man... Was it really that hard to send the frikkin watch back??

25th march is their date of birth, mate...
Anyway.

That i had his watch for such a long time, partly because it got seized with my other stuff, partly because I completely forgot about it because of my life situation is clearly my fault. I made my statement and i apologized more than once, honestly.

I made my point clear and i put off my pants in public. I am waiting now for Barth to come up to me. I have been embarrassed and embarrassed myself now enough. [MENTION=94183]barth[/MENTION] Let's bring this to an end and discuss this privately as it should have been done from the beginning, like two men.
[MENTION=31254]co-axial[/MENTION], i again publicly ask you to remove my no sales status. There is no proof about the claims that have been made within this thread. This place is made to be a base of knowledge and security for all of us, including me. There is no way this can be accepted because of guessings. If so, barth has to be marked the same way, as we all could assume the same about him - just to raise a word for general fairness here.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
There are no customs within EU.
Theft by post office happens seldom. Sorting is video supervised.

* sent from somewhere *

You don't ship luxury high-end wine between France and Germany. Regular thefts of 10% of my shipments. I just factor it in as an write-down. Esp. bad in August when the B-Team staffs the logistics in France with nothing to lose. This HH has really documented an entirely pitiful series of tragedies involving animal mutilation and treasury seizures. Judgements of reality are beyond me and perhaps us all, but I hope this drama finds a just end.

revhrd

5/2/11
This is certainly a tough situation where no one can say for certain who has the correct facts. Both parties believe that the facts they hold are true and while customs may or may not a factor, there is the unfortunate truth that other individuals have in fact handled the package. While I can agree that inside a sorting facility there may be cameras, none of us can truly guarantee with certainty that the package was not compromised.

I understand that the modder may have failed in responding properly and has through this thread attempted to make amends and explain publicly what transpired. With that in mind, I understand the need to take precautions and pink hh, but I hope that once this matter is resolved and if he is found not at fault that the restriction is reverse just as quickly as it was put in place.

:)

sye46

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/06
i can't imagine a post office worker opening up the package, steal the bottle of champagne, left the outer champagne box and just happen to have a bottle of orange juice that fits perfectly into the champagne box to swap with.

not taking any sides, just sayin.

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
I will repost my final statement on RG here also now:

That i had Barths watch for such a long time, partly because it got seized with my other stuff for months, partly because I completely forgot about it because of my life situation is clearly my fault. I made my statement and i apologized more than once, honestly.

I made my point clear and i put off my pants in public. I am waiting now for Barth to come up to me. I have been embarrassed and embarrassed myself now enough. I have been publicly threatened and offended, based on assumptions by people who don't know me and whose nicknames i never read about.

I am waiting for Barth to contact me and bring this to an end by discussing this privately as it should have been done from the beginning, like two men.

We have a lot of good points in here and a lot of stupid statements. All i can do is claiming that my part of the story is the absolute truth and the same applies for Barth. That i shared my personal life with all of you should be proof enough about my part - i will never do that again. We can discuss the sense of that sh*tty bottle of orange juice for weeks. We can discuss a lot more and nitpick over every little detail of the story.

I want this to end now. I am willing to find a solution with Barth privately and i want to have this thread deleted afterwards. And i want my pink status removed as it is based on assumption. Everything else is unacceptable and i am not willing to stay at a place where i'm treated unfair.

It is interesting and charming in some weird way that some people here impute me thoughts of a criminal super brain. I am not intelligent enough for that, sorry to disappoint you about that. I'm not a guy who is wasting his time with senseless things. That is why this will be my last post in this thread now. You all guys have fun now keeping guessing and discussing this fascinating "crime novel".

I'm making a kind leave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.