• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Andrew_watchlist

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/4/24
so there is following info
1) the hardest to tell VSF Submariner No date 114060
2) another hardest to tell VSF OP ( I guess any color )
3) @Andrew_watchlist from what you said: visually Clean is closer to Gen, and VSF is better in only 1 visual element: hands. Right ? Can you identify Clean from Gen on whrist?

guys, how about crystal, is it a big away immediatelly on any model both clean and vsf?

not entirely what i meant, the SEL on my clean is very nice, absolutely no gap visible and the step down is very subtle and the curve follows the lugs very closely. however the crystal and cyclops are not as good as the VSF.

QUOTEREPLY

Reactions: Jp100

Neodx

Getting To Know The Place
7/3/23
EU
Hello everyone,

I've noticed that the bezel on my Submariner is not firmly attached to the case and has a bit of vertical play. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or knows the best way to fix this? I've attached a picture to highlight the area in question.

Thanks for your help!

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Hello everyone,

I've noticed that the bezel on my Submariner is not firmly attached to the case and has a bit of vertical play. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or knows the best way to fix this? I've attached a picture to highlight the area in question.

Thanks for your help!

hjc3dt.jpeg

hjVMUS.jpeg

Not uncommon, and IMO, nothing to worry about. The gap exists on gens, too.

Pics above Gen (not mine) and then Clean.

Clean 12X bezels are known for being on the looser side (not sure about other references).

Therese a post somewhere on this forum where the the procedure outlined is to remove the bezel, carefully and gently extend the springs a small amount, and then reattach everything. This should at least address the vertical play and also tighten the rotation up a little.

If you plan on doing this and haven't removed a ceramic bezel before, there are plenty of good tutorials.

Tip: be sure you place some cling wrap over everything when you're ready, and then remove the bezel. That way, your little springy springs can't go flying off into the abyss.

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Gen Subs have the gap too. In fact, the salesperson at the AD said the gap was there because some people tend to press on the bezel and rotate it instead of just rotating it holding the edges. I remember they even showed me how the bezel moves up and down a wee bit when pressed.

Reactions: Therion666

Neodx

7/3/23
EU
Thank you for the feedback. I was simply irritated that there is vertical play when pressing the top or bottom of the bezel. This is not the case with my other divers. But if I understand correctly, this is normal?

Reactions: Sub62

d®.pierce

Known Member
Patron
Certified
20/8/23
Hi Legends,

I was hoping to get some advise from you all regarding a superfranken 114060 vs 124060 no date build I want to put together...

I'm lucky enough to own a gen starbucks 124060 but wanted a more eveyday tool watch sub with no date that I wouldn't be afraid to bang around at work. My wrist is 16.5cm/6.5in (17cm/6.7in on the knuckle) so my starbucks looks a tad big/heavy on the wrist compared to my vintage 40mm comex (which obviously doesnt get worn at work either) !

I've seen endless debates, blogs and videos regarding the 2 models...I don't much care about the mvmt/PR, mainly about the look, feel and weight of the watch. I suppose the main thing that bothers me abouth 114060 from pics only are the wide lugs and "chunky" looking feel but haven't had the chance to actually throw it on and see how it looks on the wrist.

Just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has similar wrists sizes to mine and has had the pleasure of wearing both...penny for your thoughts if you have.

Cheers

Last edited:

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Hi Legends,

I was hoping to get some advise from you all regarding a superfranken 114060 vs 124060 no date build I want to put together...

I'm lucky enough to own a gen starbucks 124060 but wanted a more eveyday tool watch sub with no date that I wouldn't be afraid to bang around at work. My wrist is 16.5cm/6.5in (17cm/6.7in on the knuckle) so my starbucks looks a tad big/heavy on the wrist compared to my vintage 40mm comex (which obviously doesnt get worn at work either) !

I've seen endless debates, blogs and videos regarding the 2 models...I don't much care about the mvmt/PR, mainly about the look, feel and weight of the watch. I suppose the main thing that bothers me abouth 114060 from pics only are the wide lugs and "chunky" looking feel but haven't had the chance to actually throw it on and see how it looks on the wrist.

Just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has similar wrists sizes to mine and has had the pleasure of wearing both...penny for your thoughts if you have.

Cheers

Honestly I'm not someone that believes you can't wear big watches if you have skinny wrists (or vice-versa). Your 126610LV (it's not a 124060) looks fine on your wrist. I haven't tried out a 114060 or 116610 but I've heard people say that it looks/feels chunky compared to the 12xxxx. If I were you, I'd get the new VSF 124060. Polish the sharp edges and give the bracelet a nice clean and baby oil bath and it's 90% there compared to a gen!

Reactions: d®.pierce

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Hi Legends,

Cheers

I have same sized girly wrists and I wear mostly the maxi case subs.

Here's my gen 114060 on my wrist a bit on the big side but still wearable I think.

IMG-9384.jpg

IMG-9386.jpg

IMG-9387.jpg

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
My wrist is 16.5cm/6.5in (17cm/6.7in on the knuckle) so my starbucks looks a tad big/heavy on the wrist compared to my vintage 40mm comex (which obviously doesnt get worn at work either) !

I don't much care about the mvmt/PR, mainly about the look, feel and weight of the watch. I suppose the main thing that bothers me abouth 114060 from pics only are the wide lugs and "chunky" looking feel but haven't had the chance to actually throw it on and see how it looks on the wrist.

Hey mate, my wrist is a bit bigger, but not much. Here are some pics of the two sizes taken with my wrist at its current size, which is a little over 7 inches.

I can relate to your conundrum; my wrist has shrunk quite a lot over the past year and I can't wear my DSSDs anymore. Same, same but different.

FWIW, I reckon that Starbucks looks great on your wrist.

Last edited:

d®.pierce

Known Member
Patron
Certified
20/8/23
Thanks a mill lads, those pics really helped!

In the end I'm going for the 124060...for me it has the overall better proportions. The 114060 reminds me a lot of my GMTs as well.

To top it off the legendary JD has a superfranken of the 124060 already so it's meant to be!

I'll be sure to post some wrist shots once I recieve it ;)

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia

In the end I'm going for the 124060...for me it has the overall better proportions. The 114060 reminds me a lot of my GMTs as well.

To top it off the legendary JD has a superfranken of the 124060 already so it's meant to be!

Yep, that's your sign. Exciting purchase. Look forward to seeing the pics when you have it.

Reactions: d®.pierce

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

You're welcome.

I have an idea cooking in my head about swapping my hulk for 126610LN. Got an offer for it + 2000 EUR cash. Means I still loose money but its a hobby for me so you'll always lose money with these things.

Then I can finally try to the 12 series subs as well so far haven't even seen one in rep nor gen.

Adidos

4/9/20
Germany
Hey folks.
I am owning a vsf hulk clasp code 7GJ and serialnumber starting with K25.

I just saw this video and am wondering if this is a new VSF hulk version or from another factory since it fixed some flaws my version has (e.g. alignment of rehaut)

pack11

Certified
28/3/24
I am thinking about getting either a 114060 or 124060 from VSF. From what I read, the quality of the bracelet falls a bit behind the overall quality of these models. Is it possible to swap the VSF oyster bracelet of these models with a corresponding bracelet from clean? Or is it likely, that there will be issues, e.g. gaps between case and SELs etc.?